First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Nissan did a nice job on the upgrades - bushings, monotubes, midrange tuning. With much better RE71Rs, wakes the Z up, predictable for most drivers, but not enough. Wonder if it has a manual, that best torque at around 4300 could be managed much better out of corners. But that fuel starvation sucks, pun intended!

Last edited:

Blackbeard

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra
Occupation
Mechanic
i saw this and i was like oh boy lol

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
NISMO dyno was 354hp and 380lb tq. Seems low top end but they said it had great mid range

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At the end they commented about fuel starvation being an issue and it needed to have over a 1/2 tank of gas

OP
OP
rocksandblues

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
At the end they commented about fuel starvation being an issue and it needed to have over a 1/2 tank of gas

yeah, that is ridiculous they haven’t fixed that since 350!

I know they say track focused - but less than 1% of Nismo owners will ever track. Should have been manual

Nissan halo car should be faster than regular Supra. They KNEW what the benchmark was.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The supra being on their test tire was a bigger upgrade to that car than the Z over the Dunlops.

Chokinzoku

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Here’s my take: it’s all about how you feel when you drive the car. My S Plaid is ridiculously faster than my R35 but the R is much more enjoyable and engaging to drive and so is the Z. Toyota said they talked to legacy Supra owners and they absolutely demanded an in-line 6. Toyota said they didn’t currently produce one so they rebadged a BMW roadster cause it’s much too expensive to make an all-new in-line 6. Yet Mazda just made one. How is that even possible ?

Meanwhile Nissan built a VR38 and a VR30 with their own IP. They didn’t listen to anyone wishing for an in-line six in the case of the R35, they just made an all around much more powerful engine. Toyota could have turned the Camry V6 engine into a twin turbo monster with the right investment and in-house engineering instead of obsessing with the whole inline six angle…

Personally, I would rather have a car actually designed, engineered and manufactured in Japan rather than a rebadged version of anything…the Supra is indeed very fast…because it’s got a B58 BMW engine at its core…Nissan could rebadge an AMG GTR with its M177 V8 engine and it would be really fast too, but it wouldn’t be a Nissan GT-R anymore…it would be GINO (GT-R In Name Only)…

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
The supra being on their test tire was a bigger upgrade to that car than the Z over the Dunlops.
Yeah was interesting he said if the Supra had the stock tire it would be the slowest lap "by a longshot".

Overall pretty good video, nothing crazy unexpected I dont think.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Here’s my take: it’s all about how you feel when you drive the car.
I agree. CTR is FWD and nowhere near as powerful or fast as some of my other cars yet it feels better to drive than anything else I've owned. It's definitely changed my outlook as to what I'm looking for in a car going forward.

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx
A lot of people are noticing on facebook posts, that apparently the Nismo was tested on a damp damp track, where the others the conditions were dry. That factor could play in. It's quite close in my eyes, and, I think it all comes down to driver at that point. So many variables come into play.

Either way, the majority of owners will never track their Nismo. Just bragging rights I guess? lol

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
and right there is how I melted the engine in my S14

1/3 a tank of fuel full throttle right hand sweeper leaned engine out and melted pistons.

it weirdly looked on the track sessions that it was occuring on strights however which is very scary.

OP
OP
rocksandblues

rocksandblues

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GL450, m3, e90, GLC300, Zupra, C280
Occupation
taco bell
Yeah was interesting he said if the Supra had the stock tire it would be the slowest lap "by a longshot".

Overall pretty good video, nothing crazy unexpected I dont think.
I am a track rat. NO ONE tracks on stock tires

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Gotta say again, that fuel starvation is the real deal braker for those who track, expensive fix!
Tires can be upgraded to whatever treadwear rating and compound you want, even slicks. Only few OEMs are track ready, when I had my Stang GT PP2 those Sport Cup 2s were great on track.