Nismo Z prototype spied testing in the U.S.

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
Definitely looks more aggresive than the current one. I wish Nissan would've been this creative with the front end on the regular Z model. I'm sure a lot of folks will be buying Nismo front bumpers and swapping it with the current Z front bumper like many did with the 370Z.

Looking forward to the official reveal.
I like what I see so far on the Nismo bumper. But would love to see a option for the Fairlady Z front bumper. This will definitely be going on my Z if they offer it in the US.
nissan-z-1642172219.jpeg

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
I like what I see so far on the Nismo bumper. But would love to see a option for the Fairlady Z front bumper. This will definitely be going on my Z if they offer it in the US.
nissan-z-1642172219.jpeg
Last I heard about that was everything on that car including the bumper is going to be offered as aftermarket part from Nissan only in Japan starting In the fall. That's the bad news. Good news is there will be a part # and you can import it. Bad news again is it will be super expensive to do so.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
So turns out it was just a different taping job on that one mule.

I’m so excited. I think I’m going to love this car.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
im supposed to be meeting some NISMO higher ups this weekend. going to try to get some more info but not sure what I can and cannot post.
Please ask if it’s getting a manual or auto only.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Please ask if it’s getting a manual or auto only.
this is top of my list as it would be a factor in if im getting one myself as im wanting an auto. I dont see them doing manual only because even though the NISMO Z started off like that in 2014 the V2 370 added the auto option. the only reasoning for it being Auto only would be they are super conservative and dont want to add power to the 6MT which happened on the NISMO sports resetting package in Japan which is auto only. but I actually did some digging this and found out maybe its not so much because the manual being inferior or anything for power but NISMO Japan used the same off the shelf sports resetting tune on they had for the 400R skyline coupe ( our redsport) which was auto only. So I will ask some questions this weekend with out being too pushy lol. Will report what I find or at least PM you the answer if I get it.

So turns out it was just a different taping job on that one mule.

I’m so excited. I think I’m going to love this car.
yup seems the cross grill splitter was always there and just taped over in some pics.

im excited too. looking to get one ASAP as long as its 9AT available in Black and under 70K

Last edited:

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I sure hope the front fascia won't disappoint. I am a bit concerned it might look messy. Some Nissans designs are brilliant, but others are just plain hideous.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wheels look like 20" in that pic in others they look like 19" im confused

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I sure hope the front fascia won't disappoint. I am a bit concerned it might look messy. Some Nissans designs are brilliant, but others are just plain hideous.

I hope the use of the trademark red striping is subtle. like for example I would hate to see the that areo cross grill splitter all red or something.

Hubert

Hubert
First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
I hope the use of the trademark red striping is subtle. like for example I would hate to see the that areo cross grill splitter all red or something.
Yeah, I don't mind a bit of red accents, as long as they are tasteful.

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
That and they should definitely offer the carbon fiber pieces as well. Still sad they didn't follow through with keeping the carbon fiber front lip and side skirts that they had on the Proto Z that was first revealed.
wheels look like 20" in that pic in others they look like 19" im confused
Good chance they're swapping between the two sizes for testing.

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That and they should definitely offer the carbon fiber pieces as well. Still sad they didn't follow through with keeping the carbon fiber front lip and side skirts that they had on the Proto Z that was first revealed.
Have to think it involves cost savings as nismo + carbon can get crazy real fast. This is hard to believe but true.....the carbon body panels (bumpers fenders wing trunk ect) on the GTR NISMO all together cost more than than the MSRP of a 2023 Z 🤯

So I hope they use some carbon but I really don't want to to see carbon body panels as I think most of us want to see this car come in around 65k.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
some of our Australian members can chime in on this but apparently there was a meeting with Nissan and the dealer network there last week. apparently dealer reps were told that the NISMO would be available by years end
WTF?

jc604

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z / Civic hatch sport
Wow a new reveal before i can even get my order/even see my spec available to purchase? I hope they do preorder deposits again and never deliver

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Wow a new reveal before i can even get my order/even see my spec available to purchase? I hope they do preorder deposits again and never deliver
I'll put a deposit in now and by the time my future kid is 3yrs old I'll receive my 2024 Nismo Z. WTF. Imagine the price gouging and dealership markups. For anyone in the market, note that average car prices (on luxury brands, and sports cars) have increased around 10% since March.