New Z35 rumors - coming 2016, before Q60 debut, with more than 400 HP

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2009 370Z S/T/N 7AT - 2015 GT-R BE
It seems like the leading Z35 forum so far, I hope both car and forum do really well once it is out.

That sucks to hear about the '16 order sheets still showing Z34 but I guess the pessimist in me didn't expect this until 17 anyhow. I'm still circling the Tokyo auto show on my calendar for when we see a concept. I *hope* we see some mules running around before then so we get some news.

No shock there. I'd be more surprised if I saw it on the 2016 sheet since if it was going to appear next year there would have been more buzz, rumors, photos, etc. about the car in general. My bet is on 2017 too. No 2016 Tokyo auto show to reveal it at though, wonder what show it would get its reveal then.
yes I agree with both of you. I always knew it wouldn't be a possibility until 2017 but with the Q60 concept debut and the rumors, it was wishful thinking to want the new Z sooner. with the 2016 pricing sheet still a Z34 kills the chances obviously for a new Z lol

i'm with you both with my high hope and aspirations for the Tokyo auto show :)

Kurtsman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe 2.0T
I'm drooling over the thought of a twin turbo Z35. It should have minimal turbo lag and totally change the game in terms of tuning potential compared to the Z34. Just a simple piggyback tune should make substantial power gains.

How is the 2016 pricing compared to 2015 anyway?

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
I'm drooling over the thought of a twin turbo Z35. It should have minimal turbo lag and totally change the game in terms of tuning potential compared to the Z34. Just a simple piggyback tune should make substantial power gains.

How is the 2016 pricing compared to 2015 anyway?
a TT from factory Z would be amazing for tuning. just look at the GT-R for example. breather mods and a tune usually nets around 100whp gain. a friend of mine did intakes, exhaust, and tune his gain was 136whp. how great would it be to add intakes, exhaust, plus a tune to the Z and gain 75-100whp :)

i'll see if I can find the link to that Canadian dealer pricing sheet for the 2016 Z34.

BluntForce

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
WRX
a TT from factory Z would be amazing for tuning. just look at the GT-R for example. breather mods and a tune usually nets around 100whp gain. a friend of mine did intakes, exhaust, and tune his gain was 136whp. how great would it be to add intakes, exhaust, plus a tune to the Z and gain 75-100whp :)

i'll see if I can find the link to that Canadian dealer pricing sheet for the 2016 Z34.
If it gets a TT engine this may be the enthuasiast's most popular Z car yet. Since it's so easy to tune for more power, I'm sure Nissan would put out factory tune too, and a Nismo model, which would both easily give the Z35 more power while retaining factory warranty.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
If it gets a TT engine this may be the enthuasiast's most popular Z car yet. Since it's so easy to tune for more power, I'm sure Nissan would put out factory tune too, and a Nismo model, which would both easily give the Z35 more power while retaining factory warranty.
the word from Infiniti execs is that the Q60 will release at 400HP with a "sportier" model (IPL) having 450HP later. I assume the Z would be the same at 400HP and the Nismo will have 450HP

FLex

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R
^^ Do that and lose about 2-300 pounds and it will be a smashing success. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 400+ hp sports car at 3000-3300 pounds at this price point. That's more HP per pound than the cheap domestic muscle.

Tessitore

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pearl White 2014 370Z
Hope to see factory tune for the car. Great way to add power while during the warranty period. Then after warranty ends upgrade turbos and go for real monster power. Hopefully it'll be a strong block and take well to high power/boost application.

nismoZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
"The twin-turbo V6 engine is all-new and will be launched in a production car within two years. They aren't saying which one, but Infiniti's head of product strategy, Francois Bancon, says it's a 'high-performance' engine, to be used only in Infinitis because it's too expensive for Nissans."

Source: http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/infiniti-q80-2014-10-1

nismoZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
the nail in the coffin is the Canadian dealers specs that someone found recently. they got order sheets in for 2016 and it's still showing the Z34. so if that was true (i don't think Canada runs different MYs than the US) it looks like a 2017 being our best bet.

2016 Nissan 370Z pricing announced (US)

Nissan has announced the 2016 370Z will be priced from $29,990 in the United States.

Currently on sale, the 2016 370Z Coupe largely carries over but features a new Deep Blue Pearl exterior as well as a newly optional Bose audio system with Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement technology.

The 370Z Roadster starts at $41,820 and gains the Deep Blue Pearl paint job but skips out on the Bose audio system.

Both models continue to be powered by a 3.7-liter V6 engine that develops 332 bhp (247 kW) and 270 lb-ft (365 Nm) of torque. It can be connected to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed automatic transmission.

Lastly, the 370Z Nismo received a number of updates last year so the only notable change for 2016 is the addition of the aforementioned Bose audio system with Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement technology. The model starts at $41,990 and features a 3.7-liter V6 engine with 350 bhp (261 kW) and 276 lb-ft (373 Nm) of torque.

Check out the press release for additional information

Source: Nissan

Press Release: http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/...-for-2016-370z-coupe-370z-nismo-370z-roadster

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
even worse than prolonging the Z34 platform is...........they are adding engine noise pumped through the speakers. wtf?

350ZZZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 350Z NISMO
even worse than prolonging the Z34 platform is...........they are adding engine noise pumped through the speakers. wtf?
Man I was afraid that this was going to happen. Nissan is following other manufacturers like BMW now in 'enhancing' the sound of the engine by pumping it through the speakers. It kinda makes sense for BMW's because they're all turbo engined now but why does the 370Z need it?!! Argh

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
Man I was afraid that this was going to happen. Nissan is following other manufacturers like BMW now in 'enhancing' the sound of the engine by pumping it through the speakers. It kinda makes sense for BMW's because they're all turbo engined now but why does the 370Z need it?!! Argh
they can go and do that. my straight will overcome any attempt to pump sound through the speakers lol

MeisterZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Burnt Orange 350Z 6spd
All manufacturers are doing this now. Even the new turbo Mustang pumps fake engine noise thru the speakers. You pull the fuse and it goes silent.... facepalm. I'm all about new tech but only if it actually serves some purpose for performance or safety. This is just lipstick...

debussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti G37S
Hi all, new here. I'm closely following the development of the new Z as I work in some capacity with Nissan/Infiniti.

I can confirm that 2016 will basically be a carryover. No imminent confirmations for 2017 and beyond. I'm sure executives and a select few know more but I'm as excited as all of you. The Z definitely needs a refresh.

FPenvy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
BOYS we have hope.

so zdayz is this week and I will be attending. usually Nissan brings new toys for the Z enthusiasts to enjoy. last year we got the be the first people ever to see the 2015 Nismo. also they brought a GT-R nismo to put next to it. the year before that they brought us the Juke-R which also was not seen by anyone but the development team and whatnot of course.

so this year my hopes were diminished based on the 2016 continuation of the Z34......until.

a FB post from one of the events head people posted about what the Nissan reps told him they were bringing.....

a couple new production cars (non Z), a concept car (which is a Z), and a few of their race cars.
also Chris Forsberg is coming with his drift cars, and Z1 also brings 3-5 of their race cars so it'll be interesting.

if anything promising is there I will have pics and video to post after I return sunday night.....maybe Monday since after a 9 hour drive I doubt i'll want to get online lol