New Member New Z!

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
Any issues with the Z1 coilovers? A lot of people complaining about clunky sounds

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Any issues with the Z1 coilovers? A lot of people complaining about clunky sounds
I donā€™t have any sounds coming from the coil overs. I know with my 370z I had issues with clunks but it was BC coils and they were not true type. The spring didnā€™t fit correctly in the rear bucket. Do you know if the people having issues went with the true rears?

socalAG2

First Name
Elijah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
I donā€™t have any sounds coming from the coil overs. I know with my 370z I had issues with clunks but it was BC coils and they were not true type. The spring didnā€™t fit correctly in the rear bucket. Do you know if the people having issues went with the true rears?
I don't think people are having problems with the true coilvoers. Everything I'm reading is clunking sounds from the Z1 S-PRO setup which is spring/strut in the rear.

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Yeah that is the issue for sure. Itā€™s been a problem since the 370. There was a fix for it but I canā€™t remember anymore what it was. Mine only made the noise when going over decent elevation changes at an angle. So I never bothered with doing the fix. If you dig around a bit you may be able to find what the were doing.

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Went to pick the car up last Friday. It isnt making boost. Everything that can be easily checked seems fine. All logs look good except the Turbo speeds which are reading like bad speed sensors, but that still does not explain literally 0 boost pressure. No signs of turbo damage which again is unlikely because they are brand new and I very carefully assembled them myself. Shop says they free spin by finger so no way they are bound up. Obviously no boost leak large enough to cause this either so even if a smoke test found a tiny leak we'd be making some kind of boost with these big boys.

Figures out of like a 8 years of this engines lifespan I have some mystery problem. A second shop has now backed out of the body work as well and I have lined up a third with a rough start at the end of this month. Hoping the turbo problem is sorted out by then lol

pbm457

First Name
Paxton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21, F250, 24, 4 Runner, 24, Z Performance
I feel like I was in the car all day and we only put 85 miles on it. Break in periods suuuuuck. First impressions are great. Though we havenā€™t went over 4k RPMs and 1/4 throttle, you can tell she wants to stretch her legs. There is just something about how this chassis delivers power that makes me smile. The front end feels a little floaty but I did notice the tires were over inflated. Correcting that should help a little. The exhaust is so quiet I thought they rolled it off of the truck. Strangely enough, the sound inside the cabin is pleasing. So from an engineering standpoint bravo. It will have to be upgraded ASAP though. That sound needs to be delivered to everyone. Haha

The interior feels like home having previously owned 370zā€™s. What some may consider minor updates, to me, really take it to a perfect level. I love that all the silver trim is now black chrome and though I would of liked color matching the interior stitching, the black is nice. It seems to have all the features I look for in a modern interior.

The exterior is so much better in person. I do not think Iā€™ve ever experienced this same effect with another car. In photos Iā€™ve always despised the front end. It looked like a clash of 3 different designs mashed into one. Iā€™ve spent the last two weeks shopping for parts. A good portion of that time was deciding what I wanted to do with the front visually. It grew on me quite a bit during that time. Now seeing it in person I have no real complaints. It definitely needs something for my taste but it isnā€™t gut wrenching like I originally felt. The car is absolutely stunning up close. The pearl white has to be seen in person to truly appreciate.

Overall I canā€™t be happier. Some say the price is too high. I think 54k loaded is just about right for this car. Yeah itā€™s got reused parts but heck, if itā€™s not broke, donā€™t fix it! Iā€™ve always loved Datsuns and feel like I have a reimagined one now. Enough blabber here are some pics by the local motocross track.

C05BFBDB-3B81-40EC-B4E5-E0B5894E025D.jpeg

475401E3-E9B8-46C0-82DC-FD780BD32B17.jpeg

56CD7182-9E0A-47DE-A16F-018A64C197A1.jpeg

5408F7B6-650D-459F-8ABF-F9092F6552BF.jpeg
F132CA87-B329-4DB3-A0EA-71AB9A61FCE7.jpeg
Thatā€™s Tampa Mx. I rode there quite a bit when I lived in Florida. Following your build and looking forward to the next update.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Engine is finally out of the car and Turbos removed. Hopefully they were shipped out yesterday to Z1 for inspection. I would love to have an update by the end of next week.

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Z1 just called, we know the problem. CHRAs are in the wrong housings. They have not revised the instructions to these turbos yet and the person that gave me the instructions via email, left it out, or didn't know themself. They are getting them swapped over and covering a large portion of the extra costs that this has caused. Top notch customer support.