New Member New Z!

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Hi everyone, my new Z should be arriving this weekend. Last week I sent out offers to nearly 50 dealerships that had a Z listed for sale. My exterior color choices in order (in laymen terms) were yellow, white, blue, and black. This car really wears it colors well and wasn't an easy choice. After purchasing my C8 roughly one year ago I told myself I wouldn't pay another ADM.

I had not looked at Z prices for almost a year after the crazy numbers they were asking at launch. To my surprise some dealers replied back with figures upwards of 80k still! I spent an entire day running a one person call center, come to find out sending offers out to that many dealers is a terrible idea! Or was it? Three dealers came back to me with fair asking prices considering the current market. One of them I was able to deal, and get the car at MSRP! It was also my second color choice! There was a catch however, buying a lifetime paint and interior protection package. This seemed reasonable to me. The dealer gets a little bonus and I also get something if needed in the future.

Though the Z is new, I am not new to the Z community and was fortunate enough to build two incredible 370z's. The build journal for those two cars can be found on the370z.com forum, under this same handle. I have already created my wish list of current market items and will be placing the first order soon. I can not wait to dive into this familiar platform. I've owned a lot of fun cars and motorcycles, but something about the Z's hit different. I have a feeling this will be the same. I will continue this Z build here and probably add it to my journal on the other forum as well.

I look forward to sharing knowledge with everyone here! I only have one pic of the new Z for now and ill share a couple renders of the past Z's.

image_0.jpeg

JessZ.jpeg

RobZ.jpeg

Current Parts List:

Here is an update parts list. Still deciding on wheels 99% sure im going with Rohana Liberty Walk line, because the carpet needs to match the drapes.

Tint Ceramic 15% sides and rear, clear windsheild.

Z1 Motorsports High Pressure Radiator Cap X4

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z High-Energy Ignition Coil Pack - Set of 6

OEM 2023+ Nissan Z Rear Hatch Finisher

Z1 No-Mess Engine Oil Funnel

AMS Performance 2023+ Nissan Z VR30 Intercoolers

ZSPEC 2023+ Nissan Z Titanium Stage 2 Engine Bay Dress-Up Kit
Color: Burnt Ti

ZSPEC Silver Billet Oil Filler Cap w/ Titanium Accents
Color: Silver with burnt Ti

ZSPEC 2023+ Nissan Z Billet Aluminum Dipstick Handle
Color: Silver

Z1 Q50 / Q60 / Z VR30 3.0t Aluminum Lower Water Neck

ZSPEC 2023+ Nissan Z Billet Aluminum Dipstick Handle

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Performance Heat Exchanger

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Rear Subframe Tie Bar (Not Recieved)

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Front Subframe Chassis Brace (Not Received)

GReddy Rocket Bunny Front Bumper Grill Mesh Only

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Radiator Air Guide

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Engine Cover

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Performance Sway Bar Set

Z1 Sway Bar End Links

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Stock Wheel Fitment Kit

Swift Spec-R Lowering Springs - 2023+ Z (RZ34) (Not Recieved)

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Aluminum Undershroud
Color: Anodized Black
Selected Options

Seibon 2023+ Nissan Z DA Style Carbon Fiber Spoiler

Seibon 2023+ Nissan Z DA Style Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace

NISMO 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Door Mirror Covers

Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit

Q50 / Q60 VR30DDTT 3.0t Race Cats Full Length Downpipes (Waiting on replacement welds were cracked on first set)

Kanjo Spec D Hood Struts

Kanjo Spec D Underglow kit

Liberty Walk Front Bumper, Carbon Fiber Front Lip, and Rear Diffuser (Not received)

Nismo Fender Moldings

Last edited:

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Awesome, congratulations! Glad to hear the dealer came down. I had a similar experience calling non stop until I found a dealer willing to sell without a crazy markup.

Georges1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1972 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Safety Engineer
Hi everyone, my new Z should be arriving this weekend. Last week I sent out offers to nearly 50 dealerships that had a Z listed for sale. My exterior color choices in order (in laymen terms) were yellow, white, blue, and black. This car really wears it colors well and wasn't an easy choice. After purchasing my C8 roughly one year ago I told myself I wouldn't pay another ADM.

I had not looked at Z prices for almost a year after the crazy numbers they were asking at launch. To my surprise some dealers replied back with figures upwards of 80k still! I spent an entire day running a one person call center, come to find out sending offers out to that many dealers is a terrible idea! Or was it? Three dealers came back to me with fair asking prices considering the current market. One of them I was able to deal, and get the car at MSRP! It was also my second color choice! There was a catch however, buying a lifetime paint and interior protection package. This seemed reasonable to me. The dealer gets a little bonus and I also get something if needed in the future.

Though the Z is new, I am not new to the Z community and was fortunate enough to build two incredible 370z's. The build journal for those two cars can be found on the370z.com forum, under this same handle. I have already created my wish list of current market items and will be placing the first order soon. I can not wait to dive into this familiar platform. I've owned a lot of fun cars and motorcycles, but something about the Z's hit different. I have a feeling this will be the same. I will continue this Z build here and probably add it to my journal on the other forum as well.

I look forward to sharing knowledge with everyone here! I only have one pic of the new Z for now and ill share a couple renders of the past Z's.

image_0.jpeg

JessZ.jpeg

RobZ.jpeg
Congratulations!! It’s too bad to have to jump through all the hoops, but your perseverance paid off. Enjoy your new Z

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Congratulations!! It’s too bad to have to jump through all the hoops, but your perseverance paid off. Enjoy your new Z
Its a shame that previous Z owners don't get first dibs. Heck even if they did production cant meet demand. It actually added a layer of fun to it IMO. Next time I will just source each dealership myself though. Not putting my number out for all the hounds lol

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
1x​
Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System
1x​
Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Radiator Air Guide
1x​
Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Engine Cover
1x​
Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Performance Sway Bar Set
- Include: Z1 Sway Bar End Links
1x​
2023+ Nissan Z Stock Wheel Fitment Kit by Z1
- Height: Lowered
1x​
Swift Spec-R Lowering Springs - 2023+ Z (RZ34)
1x​
Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Aluminum Undershroud
- Finish: Anodized Black
1x​
Seibon 2023+ Nissan Z DA Style Carbon Fiber Spoiler
1x​
Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Brace
1x​
NISMO 2023+ Nissan Z Carbon Fiber Door Mirror Covers
1x​
Z1 2023+ Nissan Z Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit
1x​
Q50 / Q60 VR30DDTT 3.0t Race Cats

Parts on the way! Swift springs are back ordered until November =( Wheel spacer kit until I decide on wheels. Still undecided on exhaust. Im considering the boost logic titanium for weight savings but have not purchased their products before.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Congrats and welcome! Awaiting your upgrades with past 370Z knowledge. Any particular goal(s) on your upcoming build?

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Congrats and welcome! Awaiting your upgrades with past 370Z knowledge. Any particular goal(s) on your upcoming build?
Id like to be around 550-600 WHP in the end, but close to 500 out the gate will satisfy me for a while. I feel that is a great range for this platform. Mostly street use, occasional track. I like a nice balance of show and go. Would be nice to bring home some more 1st places at local events.

TKAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 350Z
Congratulations! The two-tone black on white looks stunning. I love it.

Go2ZZZ

First Name
Murdock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Infiniti Q50, 2023 Nissan Z Preformance
Welcome! I have similar parts as the ones you ordered! Great choices:)

OP
OP
Mr&Mrs

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
Welcome! I have similar parts as the ones you ordered! Great choices:)
Great minds think alike! 🏎 Currently im trying to find a way to bolt the 3" Boost Logic exhaust system to 2.5" downpipes. I found this: Adapter but looking for confirmation from both manufacturers.

71zman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
71 240z, 90 300zx, 23 ZProtoMT, 24 Z Nismo

image_0.jpeg

JessZ.jpeg

RobZ.jpeg
Congrats and Welcome
To the Club!! I got my Proto Last September and have 2300 miles on it and absolutely love it. You will too!! I prefer driving it over my 22 Z51 C8 due to the manual 6spd connection !