First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
Actually, I should correct myself. What I've noticed is more properly called body roll. There's a certain left turn that I sometimes take in a spirited fashion, and the car has a bit of an unnerving clockwise roll. After it settles in you still have a good time.

As you said, the sway bars fix that.
Completely agree, and my Z1 sway bars did fix that. IMHO, body roll has been endemic in the Z for as far back as I can remember after the 240Z. In fact, these sway bars are too stiff for me. I set them up in the third hole (max stiffness) and now find that I feel every crack in the road and find even minor potholes are annoying. I plan to reset them in the middle hole when I get a chance. Others may not find them too stiff, but I'm old and would like a slightly softer ride.

ZillaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Frontier Pro-4X, 2024 Z Performance
Welp,

I did it.

I traded in the C5 Vette for a 2024 Z Performance. I will miss the Vette but I will love the Z. Wish I had room (and money) to keep both. Something to shoot for. Still love older Vette's and will have another one in a few years. That's the plan anyways.

ROSEWOOD :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Like other's have said, pictures do not do this color justice.

Z_Dealer.jpg
Z_Reflection.jpg
Z_Vette_Behind.jpg
Z_Vette_SideBySide.jpg

Z_Vette_Behind.jpg

Last edited:

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Welp,

I did it.

I traded in the C5 Vette for a 2024 Z Performance. I will miss the Vette but I will love the Z. Wish I had room (and money) to keep both. Something to shoot for. Still love older Vette's and will have another one in a few years. That's the plan anyways.

Z_Dealer.jpg
Z_Reflection.jpg
Z_Vette_Behind.jpg
Z_Vette_SideBySide.jpg

Z_Vette_Behind.jpg
Color is really eye catching ! Congratulations! What’s the first thing your going to do to her

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Welp,

I did it.

Z_Dealer.jpg
Z_Reflection.jpg
Z_Vette_Behind.jpg
Z_Vette_SideBySide.jpg

Z_Vette_Behind.jpg
Hell yeah!

ZillaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Color is really eye catching ! Congratulations! What’s the first thing your going to do to her
Well they didn't have the under front bumper scrape guard (Not sure the technical term, I used to call them wind-deflectors) installed from the factory. It came with it but I didn't finish my sale until after they were closed, there is nobody but lube tech's at the dealer until after the holiday and I have a busy work week ahead of me.... So I pulled out my rivet gun and installed it myself. Rivet's looked plastic but they were metal.
Z_GuardB4Install.jpg
Z_GuardRivet.jpg
Z_B4Guard.jpg
Z_AfterGuard.jpg

ZillaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not sure, but It also looks like the dealer didn't install the plastic grille piece over the hitch receiver. The same thing happened to me. I found mine in my glove box. It snaps right in.
Thank you very much!!!

I found that piece and snapped it in there. It was in a bag with(after googling the part number)"front fender extenders" for the left and right in front of the wheel. I had to install those too. Sheesh this dealer must have just taken the car off the truck and drove it onto the floor. :cwl:

Here is what those look like. Simple bolt-on pieces.

Z_FenderExtension.jpg

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Thank you very much!!!

I found that piece and snapped it in there. It was in a bag with(after googling the part number)"front fender extenders" for the left and right in front of the wheel. I had to install those too. Sheesh this dealer must have just taken the car off the truck and drove it onto the floor. :cwl:

Here is what those look like. Simple bolt-on pieces.

Z_FenderExtension.jpg
The Z: Some assembly required.

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Hello. Picked up a 2024 Nismo Z

It pairs well wirh my 2017 Abarth 124 Spider.

Chris
congrats and welcome.
what are your plans for the z?

Murix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nismo Z, 2017 Abarth 124, 2012 Volvo C30
congrats and welcome.
what are your plans for the z?
I did not plan on getting a Z and this is my first automatic anything. I thought I was buying a Lotus Emira. I went and test drove the Nismo Z on a whim out of curiosity. And well, here I am. Canceled the Lotus. Bought a Z. I am happy with the decision.

I will take it to the track once I have enough break in miles. Then see what needs fixing, if anything. Like if fuel starvation is a real problem for me. Otherwise it would be nice to just drive it.

I do wish there was a 6-speed manual option because the car is incredibly well balanced and really nice. Saying that, I am impressed with how this 9-speed auto shifts. Especially going into a corner. Time will tell how I get on with it. It feels weird not having a clutch and stick.

Last edited:

mikecarpage

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance M/T, '03 BMW 540i M/T, '03 CL55
Occupation
Sales
new to the club. just over 2 weeks since purchasing (5/29/24). 2024 Z Performance M/T Seiran Blue - Blue. I waited quite a while for this color combination but it was well worth it imo.

Feels nice to be back in a Japanese car. I previously owned a 1999 Maxima SE M/T.

IMG_4062.jpg
IMG_4056.jpg
IMG_7488.jpg
IMG_4291.jpg
IMG_4080.jpg

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
new to the club. just over 2 weeks since purchasing (5/29/24). 2024 Z Performance M/T Seiran Blue - Blue. I waited quite a while for this color combination but it was well worth it imo.

Feels nice to be back in a Japanese car. I previously owned a 1999 Maxima SE M/T.

IMG_4062.jpg
IMG_4056.jpg
IMG_7488.jpg
IMG_4291.jpg
IMG_4080.jpg
Any plans to modify?

mikecarpage

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance M/T, '03 BMW 540i M/T, '03 CL55
Occupation
Sales
Any plans to modify?
Initially no, as I told myself I didn't plan to modify it, and one of my other cars is more modified.

However I'll have to reassess after the break in period. If the body roll and quiet exhaust really really get to me, I would at least do Sway Bars and an Exhaust, plus I really don't like the stock exhaust tips with those holes in them. Possibly wheels when new tires are needed.

I do enjoy seeing what others do to their cars though.