First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
Got my 24 sport in Feb for MSRP after a 3 hour fight. It's my daily now that I traded my 12 Audi S4. Glad to found a forum for the car

PXL_20240228_212005360.jpg
You’ve had her few a few months… what do you love most about her? What do you wish was better?

Pigeonhawk

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Coach Operator
You’ve had her few a few months… what do you love most about her? What do you wish was better?
I love the feel of the car. I had a 90 Z turbo, and this car is the closest model Nissan has made since. The 350z and 370z weren't close enough to me. What I would change is better gas mileage. I drive 100 miles a day work and back, so the gas station knows me personally! Other then that love the car, wish there were more on the road so it wouldn't be so rare. Everytime someone sees mine I get grilled with a million questions because they never seen one before!

AlanZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Performance 6MT Black Diamond/Graphite
Occupation
Civil Servant
I love the feel of the car. I had a 90 Z turbo, and this car is the closest model Nissan has made since. The 350z and 370z weren't close enough to me. What I would change is better gas mileage. I drive 100 miles a day work and back, so the gas station knows me personally! Other then that love the car, wish there were more on the road so it wouldn't be so rare. Everytime someone sees mine I get grilled with a million questions because they never seen one before!
I also had a z32 TT. I agree that the RZ34 is the closest feel to that. Congrats on your new baby. Any mods planned?

Pigeonhawk

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Coach Operator
I also had a z32 TT. I agree that the RZ34 is the closest feel to that. Congrats on your new baby. Any mods planned?
Anything I do will be cosmetic. It is my only means to work. So I will not be doing anything to effect reliability or gas mileage lol

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Got my 24 sport in Feb for MSRP after a 3 hour fight. It's my daily now that I traded my 12 Audi S4. Glad to found a forum for the car

PXL_20240228_212005360.jpg
congrats and welcome to the forum.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
I never drove the Z32TT but I did have the original Turbo Z (the S130 280ZX-T). That was an exciting car with 180hp and 0-60 of 7.4 seconds, which of course is now pretty puny compared to current Z performance. My RX34 is the most fun car I've ever owned, and I've had 9 Z's over the years.

Pigeonhawk

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Coach Operator
I never drove the Z32TT but I did have the original Turbo Z (the S130 280ZX-T). That was an exciting car with 180hp and 0-60 of 7.4 seconds, which of course is now pretty puny compared to current Z performance. My RX34 is the most fun car I've ever owned, and I've had 9 Z's over the years.
Coming from my B8 it feels light lol. Plus I haven't even taken over 3k RPM yet

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
retired
Coming from my B8 it feels light lol. Plus I haven't even taken over 3k RPM yet
I've had two 370Z's since 2011. They were fun to drive and had a lot of power...but the first time I put my foot into my new RZ34, I must say...I was shocked.

Not long after I brought it home, my wife wanted to drive it. She's a competent-but-not-particularly-aggressive driver, but as we were tooling down a long straight, I encouraged her step on it. Immediately we were doing over 100 mph. I was amazed at both how quickly that happened, and the fact that she was laughing her *** off. That car is deceptively stable and 100mph doesn't feel that fast.

Pigeonhawk

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Occupation
Coach Operator
I've had two 370Z's since 2011. They were fun to drive and had a lot of power...but the first time I put my foot into my new RZ34, I must say...I was shocked.

Not long after I brought it home, my wife wanted to drive it. She's a competent-but-not-particularly-aggressive driver, but as we were tooling down a long straight, I encouraged her step on it. Immediately we were doing over 100 mph. I was amazed at both how quickly that happened, and the fact that she was laughing her *** off. That car is deceptively stable and 100mph doesn't feel that fast.
I do miss AWD, but the car stays hooked in the rain so I feel safe!

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
retired
I do miss AWD, but the car stays hooked in the rain so I feel safe!
I don't have much experience with AWD in sports cars so I have no comparison, but my long, long experience with the Z platform has left me with a lot of confidence in its wet-weather handling. The overall handling of Z cars has been completely satisfactory to me relative to my driving expectations, particularly since traction control has been part of the platform (some aftermarket mods are helpful). I will say that some tires are more confidence-inspiring than others, my preference being the Michelin PSS (or current equivalent). Less enthusiastic about the OEM Potenzas in the rain.

ZillaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Truck and Sports Car
New Member!
Currently have a C5 (2000) Corvette but looking for something different and looked at a 2024 Z performance and will hopefully go drive it soon. I loved everything about it. Always had my eye on the Z.

I am not a track person or a modder. I don't care to be the fastest thing on the road. The new Z has sold me because of the looks and that it's still fast and fun to drive. I won't be at a stop-light revving my engine to be loud or race whatever else is parked next to me.

ONLY thing holding me back from a Z is the "floaty" handling and lack of removable targa-top. Things I love in the Corvette world. But I like that it is less flashy then a Corvette. I get sick of everyone trying to race my 24 year old classic Corvette and already been pulled over a few times while driving the speed limit. Once the cop sees or I point out I have a dash cam and I was not speeding I get a warning. Every darn time.

Anyways look forward to learning more about the Z and chatting with you all! Who knows I may get my new Z soon...

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Welcome to the forum.

ONLY thing holding me back from a Z is the "floaty" handling and lack of removable targa-top.
There are some folks here who've added suspension mods to remove the floating feeling. The targa? Sorry.

...already been pulled over a few times while driving the speed limit. Once the cop sees or I point out I have a dash cam and I was not speeding I get a warning. Every darn time.
OMG, this! I was driving to work the other day, and came to a four-way stop. There was a police officer coming the other way. He stayed stopped, watching me pretty closely. I came to a "full and complete" stop before the officer moved on.

Also, a warning for what, driving well?

The Z (and a sports car in general) gets scrutiny.