Music Thread : What are you listening to?

CJY84

First Name
Chris Young
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20' Supra 3.0
what a roller coaster of emotions.....

Last edited:

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
I just bought the Throttle House album. Ave Miata has now become my new favorite song!

On a serious note I mainly listen RnB, Hip-Hop/Rap, UK Grime, Garage, Bassline, Drum&Bass, Dubstep, House, Dance, EDM, Reggaeton and Winery.

Basically anything with a deep bass line lol.

Yasha

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pending 2023 Z
Occupation
Software Engineer
Something for everybody in my playlists. From old school dance music to heavy metal. I like recent stuff too, but tend to avoid much of our pop music that centers around vanity.

Here's a good one. It's a Trance track called Seventh Heaven by Will Atkinson, released just a few years ago. First heard it when I was visiting the Judaean desert in Israel, with the Dead Sea at my side. Surreal sound for a surreal moment in time.

Heavy Dupree

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 AMG C63S, 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Retired
I pretty much have Ozzy's Bone Yard on all the time

Lin626

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB
At the restaurant a lot of the workers love this song. Idk what it means, but it has a good beat.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm pretty eclectic....I grew up in the 90s and was raised in the hood - I love grunge and gangsta rap.

I've been on an indie kick for going on 10 years now, just like the 90s were influenced by the 70s, the indie music of today is heavily influenced by the 90s.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
I can't believe I just found this thread.

Sevendust is my all time favorite. Periphery a close second. Began playing drums by using Mike Portnoy Drum DVDs so I can't ignore Dream Theater, but I fell off with them after Portnoy left.

I'll see if I can dig up a music video I did during a past life with my all originals band named "Bridges Burn"

Right now, my current obsession is this:

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I'm pretty eclectic....I grew up in the 90s and was raised in the hood - I love grunge and gangsta rap.

I've been on an indie kick for going on 10 years now, just like the 90s were influenced by the 70s, the indie music of today is heavily influenced by the 90s.
It's crazy how many of us hoodrats like rock. Most don't let it be known though.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
It's crazy how many of us hoodrats like rock. Most don't let it be known though.
Shit pana, we couldn't be caught listening to "white music" or "devils music" lol

90s Outside the house....Wu-Tang, Bone (I'm from Cleveland), Jay-Z, Biggie, Big L, Ruff Ryders, Big Pun (my all time favorite, till I die)
90s In the house....Nirvana (all time favorite, till I die), Smashing Pumpkins, silverchair, Weezer, Green Day.

Sometimes I have fun going back and "discovering" music I slept on back then......Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, Black Crowes to name a few.

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Shit pana, we couldn't be caught listening to "white music" or "devils music" lol

90s Outside the house....Wu-Tang, Bone (I'm from Cleveland), Jay-Z, Biggie, Big L, Ruff Ryders, Big Pun (my all time favorite, till I die)
90s In the house....Nirvana (all time favorite, till I die), Smashing Pumpkins, silverchair, Weezer, Green Day.

Sometimes I have fun going back and "discovering" music I slept on back then......Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, Black Crowes to name a few.
Wutang!!! Yeah I'm heavy into 90s Hip Hop. Wu, Killah Priest, Nas, Mobb Deep, A Tribe Called Quest...just to name a few. I love Underground as well like MF DOOM. But can also rock out with the best of them. Basically I love almost all types of music....except country. Sorry lol.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
Wutang!!! Yeah I'm heavy into 90s Hip Hop. Wu, Killah Priest, Nas, Mobb Deep, A Tribe Called Quest...just to name a few. I love Underground as well like MF DOOM. But can also rock out with the best of them. Basically I love almost all types of music....except country. Sorry lol.
Right now, I've been discovering UK hip hop like Dave and a few others.

On our side of the ocean....Big Sean is my favorite, Kanye always, Chance, Baby Keem, Kendrick, Tyler, Earthgang, Blake Harlow - I can't hang with the mumble rappers.....I miss Jurassic 5

So to make sure my daughter (now 11) knows what a beat is without all the cussing, I do a ton of lo-fi/chill-hop instrumentals with her - man those dudes are TALENTED

- Brock Berrigan
- Bi-Polar Bear
- The Geek x VRV
- The Stuyvesants
- Safakash
....I have many, many more that we jam to.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier

BIG PUN IS ALL I SAW. My guy gets slept on in top ten convos for real. You listen to his kid? Just as nasty.

L, Termanology, Freddie Gibbs, Benny, Pap, Wu for sure, Mobb, Tribe, LOX, Busta, Em, Jay, Nas, Biggie, Lil Wayne, Canibus... man I can go on forever.

I fucking LOVE hip hop.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
CIO
BIG PUN IS ALL I SAW. My guy gets slept on in top ten convos for real. You listen to his kid? Just as nasty.

L, Termanology, Freddie Gibbs, Benny, Pap, Wu for sure, Mobb, Tribe, LOX, Busta, Em, Jay, Nas, Biggie, Lil Wayne, Canibus... man I can go on forever.

I fucking LOVE hip hop.
BRO, YES - CHRIS HAS IT!!!!!

I've been watching him since Day 1, both his kids follow me on IG

What about that M dot O dot P dot.