Music Thread : What are you listening to?

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
Right now, I've been discovering UK hip hop like Dave and a few others.

On our side of the ocean....Big Sean is my favorite, Kanye always, Chance, Baby Keem, Kendrick, Tyler, Earthgang, Blake Harlow - I can't hang with the mumble rappers.....I miss Jurassic 5

So to make sure my daughter (now 11) knows what a beat is without all the cussing, I do a ton of lo-fi/chill-hop instrumentals with her - man those dudes are TALENTED

- Brock Berrigan
- Bi-Polar Bear
- The Geek x VRV
- The Stuyvesants
- Safakash
....I have many, many more that we jam to.
I love chill instrumentals.(ex. J-Dilla and Nujabes)

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Crappy Chevy
BIG PUN IS ALL I SAW. My guy gets slept on in top ten convos for real. You listen to his kid? Just as nasty.

L, Termanology, Freddie Gibbs, Benny, Pap, Wu for sure, Mobb, Tribe, LOX, Busta, Em, Jay, Nas, Biggie, Lil Wayne, Canibus... man I can go on forever.

I fucking LOVE hip hop.
Lox are my dudes. Jada used to live down the hill from me.

bboypuertoroc

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2008 RHD Wrangler
Occupation
Mail Carrier
I literally can't listen to this song enough...

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Shit pana, we couldn't be caught listening to "white music" or "devils music" lol

90s Outside the house....Wu-Tang, Bone (I'm from Cleveland), Jay-Z, Biggie, Big L, Ruff Ryders, Big Pun (my all time favorite, till I die)
90s In the house....Nirvana (all time favorite, till I die), Smashing Pumpkins, silverchair, Weezer, Green Day.

Sometimes I have fun going back and "discovering" music I slept on back then......Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, Black Crowes to name a few.
If you like rock…have you listened to The Cult.
English band…love them

LeatherWings

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA & ND Miata | Xterra | Honda 919 | Honda Grom
English band…love them
Saw The Cult open for Guns N' Roses at Dodger Stadium in 2016. The Cult's pre-entrance song was the opening theme from Ghost in the Shell. I was super excited to hear how epic it sounded as it reverberated throughout the stadium. I think I was one of only a few who recognized the song and was totally into it. I guess there's not that big of a crossover between 80s rock and Anime fandom in the USA...

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
English band…love them
I'll give them a listen today, I like a few English bands......Sex Pistols, The Cure, Joy Division, The Smiths

The Aussies on my radar....Tropical Fuck Storm, Tame Impala, Courtney Barnett

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I'll give them a listen today, I like a few English bands......Sex Pistols, The Cure, Joy Division, The Smiths

The Aussies on my radar....Tropical Fuck Storm, Tame Impala, Courtney Barnett
If you ever get a chance to see Tame Impala in person, do it. By far one of the coolest shows I've seen. Had the pleasure of seeing them in a pretty small (couple thousand at most) venue in the before times and it was just, surreal.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Genesis officially announced their last ever concert, officially done (Phil looks rough).
So, I bought some "best of" Genesis and Phil Collins, can't believe I didn't have the CDs in my collection.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Genesis officially announced their last ever concert, officially done (Phil looks rough).
So, I bought some "best of" Genesis and Phil Collins, can't believe I didn't have the CDs in my collection.
Genesis' "And Then There Were Three" is my earliest music memory. I have loved Phil Collins' work since I understood music existed.

I began drumming and playing in bands in early college - my family is musical. Mom plays drums and Dad plays bass. My uncle sang in the Atlanta Symphony Choir (and has a Grammy on his mantle). It was inevitable that I would at least dabble.

Right before COVID, my Dad's garage band lost their drummer due to availability and life stuff, so I sat in for them and was prepping for a 36 song set right before the shutdown began. When COVID went down, we rebuilt our practice space into a makeshift studio and decided that "Abacab" by Genesis was going to be on a demo CD we would make for a marketing package.

We're currently mastering that recording. So wonderful to revisit the work of Collins and "pay tribute" to one of his works. There will never be another "total package" musician like Collins.

Last edited:

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I love Phil Collins, my Mom wore out her Face Value cassette. We can't dance was one of my firsts albums purchased.

I love so many of his songs - it was sombering to see that last show.