Matt Maran: 2023 Nissan Z (Manual) - 40K Bargain? Yes and No...

MattMaran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
Car reviews on YouTube
@18:40 Matt mentioned that the car is about 200lbs heavier than the Supra and the center gravity (CG) is higher? is the CG higher than 370Z?
I don't remember seeing a center of gravity number, I was just referencing my higher seating position and the car being taller overall.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
I compare it to Supra and touch on all those points towards the end of my video so I'd rather not retype them all here. There isn't much else that's this powerful in this price range other than the American muscle stuff, which I think also have the Z beat in most ways, at least Camaro and Mustang.
Great review Matt. Thank you!

Btw, was there any mention from Nissan RE a future NISMO? I may have missed that if it was in your video.

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Great video.

I'm down on the pricing too. I'm ordering a Camaro SS 1LE instead. Can't beat it's performance, handling, driving experience for the price. Nissan really blew it on the pricing.

SS 1LE, M240i, Supra, Mustang GTPP, all better buys over this Z, which with nice paint and destination performance is $52-53K... Yikes.

Z hope

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura
Occupation
Retired
Great video.

I'm down on the pricing too. I'm ordering a Camaro SS 1LE instead. Can't beat it's performance, handling, driving experience for the price. Nissan really blew it on the pricing.

SS 1LE, M240i, Supra, Mustang GTPP, all better buys over this Z, which with nice paint and destination performance is $52-53K... Yikes.
I think Iā€™m with you. For me the Camaro 1SS at 44k in my driveway is 10k cheaper than the performance Z . For me 10k is ALOTof money. If money wasnā€™t an issue Iā€™d go for the Z but with that sad the C8 would bein my driveway šŸ˜¢

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
I think Iā€™m with you. For me the Camaro 1SS at 44k in my driveway is 10k cheaper than the performance Z . For me 10k is ALOTof money. If money wasnā€™t an issue Iā€™d go for the Z but with that sad the C8 would bein my driveway šŸ˜¢
You're not going wrong with a SS/1LE. It's a seriously slept on performance car. $10k is a lot of money. For me? I can't justify that gouging Nissan is doing. I don't see the Value in paying $10000 plus $1300 for paint bringing it to $52000-53000, plus inevitable mark ups. It's a rip off IMHO.

MattMaran

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Occupation
Car reviews on YouTube
Thanks @MattMaran for your review. Especially hitting items such as seating position and driver views, and even touching on rear cargo area. Things that will impact my everyday driving, compared to just racing around a track.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!