TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
The Nismo will be going up against the GRMN version of the Supra. Though I still wouldn't get the Supra as the looks are very unattractive to me.
I don't think the Nismo Z will be competing against the GRMN Supra.. the GRMN from what I've read will be a limited production Supra and will cost significantly a lot more than what the Nismo Z will probably cost. I think the GRMN Supra is comparably closer to the GTR in terms of price and performance.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Is the shifts sluggish or is it just me? Wow definitely different from drive615 ride along video
My take: trans was hot. They were running these cars back to back in the desert.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
This video really deflated my hype. That's been happening a lot lately to me with this car unfortunately.

Will wait and see how this plays out on the 16th based on reviews, and ultimately pricing. I was going to say I was hoping Nissan would have an answer for controlling it's dealers, but I don't think they will.

I really wanted a car I could drive every day, and track it for fun. So I added another car to my list to check out. A Camaro SS 1LE. Seems to be a great drivers weapon on the track despite it weight. Doesn't look as pretty for sure, but it's not bad. Interior quality will probably be a step down on the Z. But if it gives me the feels, I'll consider one.
Great point about Nissan really dropping the ball on the launch. That means when the embargo is off May 16th we will all have lot's of time to pull our deposits, or at least make a more educated assessment in the face of some real data given that Nissan won't be able to pull off a release until months after the embargo. Talk about epic fail for a launch.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Great point about Nissan really dropping the ball on the launch. That means when the embargo is off May 16th we will all have lot's of time to pull our deposits, or at least make a more educated assessment in the face of some real data given that Nissan won't be able to pull off a release until months after the embargo. Talk about epic fail for a launch.
Aussie Facebook post has said we will have our prices next week…be interesting to see who gets the info first

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
I don't think most of us here expect the new Z to out perform the Supra.. I think that will be for the Nismo. But most of us do agree the new Z is better looking.
Oh I know you guys here already know what's up. I'm talking about the uninformed youtube/facebook crowd. They really think they know cars 😂

In all seriousness, I feel like the Z's appearance does it for me in a way that the Supra differs. Just two completely different kinds of shapes. I really wonder what the Nismo version is going to be like!

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
The looks of the Supra never grew on me. Was excited to get one until I saw it in person, which is why I will be picking up the Nismo Z instead.
I know how you feel. I was so excited when I first heard about the Supra.. then I saw the production version and was like Meh.. then I heard it didnt come with a manual and then I was like Nah..

The Z when i first saw the Proto I thought it was alright but after seeing the production version in person I wa
Oh I know you guys here already know what's up. I'm talking about the uninformed youtube/facebook crowd. They really think they know cars 😂

In all seriousness, I feel like the Z's appearance does it for me in a way that the Supra differs. Just two completely different kinds of shapes. I really wonder what the Nismo version is going to be like!
In a perfect world I would want the appearance of the new Z with the performance the Supra for the price of the new Z.

I too am waiting for the Nismo.. hopefully it wont just be the usual front/rear bumpers, rims, shift knob, stiffer suspension, a big wing, Recaro seats, slight bump in power, red stripping all around and oh we cant forget that special plaque that lets us know what production number it is..

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
The appearance of the Z with the performance of a Bugatti Veyron for the price of an ice cream. ;)
Appearance of the Z.. interior of a Ferrari 458.. acceleration of a Tesla Plaid.. top speed of a Bugatti Veyron.. brakes from a Porsche GT3 RS.. handling of a McLaren Senna.. noise of a Lexus LFA and the reliability of a Toyota for the price of a Kia Rio.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Cause its 2022 and that formula wont cut it for me anymore when other cars are offering more.. such as adaptive suspension, better tire package, HUD, data logging, Brembos etc.. to name a few.
I sort of agree but if they go full-fat like that the price premium for the Nismo will be appreciably greater than it's been in the past.

TiresAlwaysFlat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Power Wheels
I sort of agree but if they go full-fat like that the price premium for the Nismo will be appreciably greater than it's been in the past.
I don't expect Nissan to go nuts on the next Nismo Z.. it for the most part in the pass is a mild upgrade. We can speculate the Nismo will still cost about or a few thousands less than a 3.0 Supra and at that price I expect more than the usual that Nismo has been putting out with their Zs.

But I'm sure there are people in here that are willing to pay more than the usual for a more all out Nismo with +480hp, GTR brakes, adaptive suspension, valve exhaust, a more aggressive aero package or maybe even some active aero, on Sport Cup 2.

rvlbrs

First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vnglrs.com
Car(s)
2023 Z 6MT, 2021 Supra 3.0 AT, 2014 Toyota 86 6MT
Occupation
Media Production
I don't expect Nissan to go nuts on the next Nismo Z.. it for the most part in the pass is a mild upgrade. We can speculate the Nismo will still cost about or a few thousands less than a 3.0 Supra and at that price I expect more than the usual that Nismo has been putting out with their Zs.

But I'm sure there are people in here that are willing to pay more than the usual for a more all out Nismo with +480hp, GTR brakes, adaptive suspension, valve exhaust, a more aggressive aero package or maybe even some active aero, on Sport Cup 2.
Now THIS would be pretty good! I feel like that'd earn and re-charter what Nismo means to Nissan. I think the 480hp, GTR brakes, adaptive suspension, and valved exhaust are definitely do-able. They can recycle alot of R35 parts with lil OEM fab ;)