Intro from Matt (MC)

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Z NISMO & #1 GTR NISMO
this is Matt McCulloh. Im founder of NAGTROC/GTRLIFE. Ive been lucky enough to be in the Nissan enthusiast community for 20 years now. some of you might remember me from my350z.com as I got my start there from 2004-2007 before co-founding the North American GTR Owners Club (NAGTROC)
through that ive met so many people and contacts. I even had the opportunity to help Nissan organize track events for Z and GTR owners across the US such at the GTR Driving Experience and the NISMO Performance Academy events in years past. Through all my work I was honored by nissan to become owner of the #1 serial number GTR NISMO ever built for the US. This car is a true part of Nissan history
Photo Dec 26, 6 10 48 AM.jpg

PXL_20220823_162854045.jpg

Even though Ive been almost exclusively in the GTR world since 07 ( have owned 3 R35s) my first real nissan love was the Z. my parents have owned Z's their whole life and I had both a 350Z and NISMO 350z (#33) I am personally wanting a black performance 9AT as a daily driver.

mattyoung.jpg
tech (1).JPG

PA284794 (1).JPG

the Z and GTR and my lifelong passion and Im proud of everything ive achieved in the community for two decades now. Long story short but NAGTROC became GTRLIFE and the site was sold in 2014 to Verticalscope. I remained on for the next 8 years as admin. If anyone has visted the site you know how tirelessly Ive worked on there breaking down all the info and posting news ect. Recently I was informed by VS that after 16 years with NAGTROC/GTRLIFE and 8 years as a contracted admin I would no longer be affiliated with the site due to cost cutting. I was shocking to say the least.

About a year ago I wanted to get back involved with the Z community and help out. So I found that new newnissanZ was owned by the same company. I reached out to them as I was excited about the new Z and wanted to get back into this platform. I cannot in good conscience continue to help that site after what VS has done to me over at GTRLIFE. That site /owners club meant the world to me. If they were shutting it down thats fine but not continue on without me.

This morning I signed up and reached out to Jay here at nissanZclub about how much I wanted to continue on with work in the Z community. Never spoken before but I was immediately welcome just on my reputation alone. That speaks of character and its reflective of how Ive been treated and try to treat everyone over the years in this Nissan enthusiasts community. everyone shares a common goal and tries to have each others back

So im happy to be here and do what I can to grow this community. You guys have a great set up here already and while my expertise is mainly GTRs and the NISMO brand I look forward to contributing however I can.

I cant wait to get into my own Z. I sold my NISMO sentra daily driver back in July as I thought oh it will only be a couple months until my Z shows up.... Still waiting:(

Last edited:

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I started with that other forum when interested in the new Z. However, there so many issues there, with my posts and the plagiarizing of stuff! I noticed you were there also. Bottom line is, I'm so glad this forum community is so much more professional and chill, great group!

By the way, Welcome! Contribute with your various Nissan knowledge.

Ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Abarth 124
Welcome! Glad you’re here. The Z community is what always brings me back. No matter Nissan’s failures, the Z/GTR fans are usually great, passionate people.

I went to ZCON 2010 and have been hooked on the community ever since.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Great to have you onboard Matt! Long time since the my350z.com days.
yup those were the days. had a hell of a run for a few years there

I remember spending forever talking about all the JDM S-tune import parts

280driver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1975 280Z 5-speed, 2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro
this is Matt McCulloh. Im founder of NAGTROC/GTRLIFE. Ive been lucky enough to be in the Nissan enthusiast community for 20 years now. some of you might remember me from my350z.com as I got my start there from 2004-2007 before co-founding the North American GTR Owners Club (NAGTROC)
through that ive met so many people and contacts. I even had the opportunity to help Nissan organize track events for Z and GTR owners across the US such at the GTR Driving Experience and the NISMO Performance Academy events in years past. Through all my work I was honored by nissan to become owner of the #1 serial number GTR NISMO ever built for the US. This car is a true part of Nissan history
Photo Dec 26, 6 10 48 AM.jpg

PXL_20220823_162854045.jpg

Even though Ive been almost exclusively in the GTR world since 07 ( have owned 3 R35s) my first real nissan love was the Z. my parents have owned Z's their whole life and I had both a 350Z and NISMO 350z (#33) I am personally wanting a black performance 9AT as a daily driver.

mattyoung.jpg
tech (1).JPG

PA284794 (1).JPG

the Z and GTR and my lifelong passion and Im proud of everything ive achieved in the community for two decades now. Long story short but NAGTROC became GTRLIFE and the site was sold in 2014 to Verticalscope. I remained on for the next 8 years as admin. If anyone has visted the site you know how tirelessly Ive worked on there breaking down all the info and posting news ect. Recently I was informed by VS that after 16 years with NAGTROC/GTRLIFE and 8 years as a contracted admin I would no longer be affiliated with the site due to cost cutting. I was shocking to say the least.

About a year ago I wanted to get back involved with the Z community and help out. So I found that new newnissanZ was owned by the same company. I reached out to them as I was excited about the new Z and wanted to get back into this platform. I cannot in good conscious continue to help that site after what VS has done to me over at GTRLIFE. That site /owners club meant the world to me. If they were shutting it down thats fine but not continue on without me.

This morning I signed up and reached out to Jay here at nissanZclub about how much I wanted to continue on with work in the Z community. Never spoken before but I was immediately welcome just on my reputation alone. That speaks of character and its reflective of how Ive been treated and try to treat everyone over the years in this Nissan enthusiasts community. everyone shares a common goal and tries to have each others back

So im happy to be here and do what I can to grow this community. You guys have a great set up here already and while my expertise is mainly GTRs and the NISMO brand I look forward to contributing however I can.

I cant wait to get into my own Z. I sold my NISMO sentra daily driver back in July as I thought oh it will only be a couple months until my Z shows up.... Still waiting:(
Welcome!

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
My350z.com... I loved how brutally honest members were over there.
The numerous posts showing off plasticoat/powder coat stock part only to be met with a barrage of "looks like $#!+" type of responses.
Great times.

OP
OP
MCN1SMO

MCN1SMO

First Name
Matt (MC)
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My350z.com... I loved how brutally honest members were over there.
The numerous posts showing off plasticoat/powder coat stock part only to be met with a barrage of "looks like $#!+" type of responses.
Great times.

It was the wild west for a while. I left right when the site was purchased by internet brands and before the 350 could be had for like $15K and brought in a different demographic shall we say ( Im just kidding..sort of)

ec15

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A few
It was the wild west for a while. I left right when the site was purchased by internet brands and before the 350 could be had for like $15K and brought in a different demographic shall we say ( Im just kidding..sort of)

🍻 Here's to continuing the wild west tradition.
Don't encourage crappy "mods".