Sponsored

Longest road trip on your Z?

mikecarpage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
238
Reaction score
403
Location
Bay Area, CA
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance M/T, '03 BMW 540i M/T, '03 CL55, '96 BMW 318ti
Occupation
Sales
273 miles to Cloverdale, CA and back down to Bodega Bay, CA, then back to the Bay Area. I've had 8 days of 100+ miles, still waiting for a cross state trip or Southern CA. And yes I do track miles driven by day.

Screenshot 2025-05-08 at 11.29.12 PM.webp

(just a snippet)


1,014 miles in 1 day is my record with my 540i. Longest day of driving was 14+ hours also in the 540i.
 

5amp5on

Well-Known Member
First Name
EJ
Joined
Oct 13, 2024
Threads
11
Messages
523
Reaction score
1,023
Location
USA
Car(s)
2026 Pathfinder Platinum, 2024 Z Performance, 2023 Sentra SV
Occupation
Finance
We did 21.5 hours straight in the Explorer from WDW to OKC. Very dangerous and would never do again. I'm pretty sure one clerk thought I was a meth head when I had to ask for help making coffee about 19 hours in. Off topic a little sorry.
 

RZdutty4

Member
First Name
Ty
Joined
Aug 25, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
Ca
Car(s)
Nissan Z
To Minneapolis from the Bay Area, and back. Took a few days. The longest non-stop was San Antonio from the Bay Area. I did stop for about an hour when I was in NM to car the car a break. I also took it easy the last 5 minutes before turning the car off and getting gas.
 

Exciter

Active Member
First Name
Ian
Joined
Jan 17, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
32
Reaction score
44
Location
Australia
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance, '07 350Z Track Roadster
Occupation
Manager
Last month: 2800+ kilometers touring South Australia and Victoria over the span of about a week. More than 700km was the biggest single day.

It wasn't a lot of fun to drive because I have very stiff coilovers, the roads (especially in Victoria) were abysmal and there isn't a single corner in all of the roads in South Australia.
 
Last edited:

ShaneZ

Active Member
First Name
Shane
Joined
Mar 22, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
28
Reaction score
37
Location
Pocatello Idaho
Car(s)
23 Nissan Z Performance, 2002 Chavy Avalanche Z71, 2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 4x4
Occupation
Disabled
I am getting ready to drive from Pocatello, Id to Superior, Co and back on the 25th and 26th. Dropping my mom off in Pocatello, and then driving to Rock Springs, Wy, to go to my nephew's graduation and pick up my wife. Drive back to Pocatello on the 27th. for a total of approximately 1760 Miles. I get to take a few days before I drive to Salt Lake City airport just under 400 Miles RT.
I am so looking forward to these drives.
This is by far the most Comfortable, Fun and exhilarating car I have owned. I have owned 58 cars and 2 bikes.
 

ShaneZ

Active Member
First Name
Shane
Joined
Mar 22, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
28
Reaction score
37
Location
Pocatello Idaho
Car(s)
23 Nissan Z Performance, 2002 Chavy Avalanche Z71, 2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500 4x4
Occupation
Disabled
Well I drove from Pocatello to Denver and managed 35.5MPG for the whole trip. I unfortunatly got hit by a rock and now have a crack in my windshield.
 

mikecarpage

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
238
Reaction score
403
Location
Bay Area, CA
Car(s)
'24 Z Performance M/T, '03 BMW 540i M/T, '03 CL55, '96 BMW 318ti
Occupation
Sales
Drove to Phoenix, AZ for ZCON. 1,829 miles overall. 1/4 of the car's miles were driven within 5 days.
saw averages of ~27.5mpg on the highway, about 23 non highway/combined. hard to reach A/T MPGs.


IMG_6592.webp


parked next to jayhawk70 and later met at the people's choice car show. Nice to meet you Bob.
IMG_6621.webp


got rained on:
IMG_6678.webp


didn't get rained on:
IMG_6519.webp


IMG_6817.webp


lifetime averages:
IMG_6852.webp


new personal best for miles driven in 1 day:
Screenshot 2026-10-01 at 1.32.18 AM.webp



IMG_6742.webp


certainly a good road trip car. Grand Tourer for sure. The luggage fits, decent space, good distance between fill ups, fuel efficient. where to next?
 

trackratZ

Well-Known Member
First Name
August
Joined
Mar 23, 2021
Threads
101
Messages
2,819
Reaction score
5,414
Location
So CA
Car(s)
25 Z Perf 6MT, Cayman S (track), MX5 Club (autox)
Occupation
Software security
Longest so far is L.A. to Santa Cruz part way on scenic Hwy 1 past San Simeon, appx 400 mi each way.

IMG_5445.webp


IMG_5438.webp


IMG_5443.webp


IMG_5447.webp


IMG_5442.webp


IMG_5441.webp


IMG_5433.webp
 

chasin2morrow

Member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Sep 20, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Location
Alabama
Car(s)
2025 Z Performance Rosewood
Occupation
Retired
974 miles. One day from NJ to Bama. Across entire trip I got 32.8 mph.
IMG_3788.webp
 
 






Top