Mail Carrier

BJM2021

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2
With regards to the screen size, on the non Proto, the performance trim I believe comes with the larger 9in.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Finally got around to the Nissan Studio to view the car. (Don't go before 12:30, the 10:40 time listed on the site is NOT valid for viewing, you won't get in.)

A few facts and observations that may be of interest:
  • although the Canadian car does not get built-in nav, the nav mapping you use on Android or Apple phones can be displayed on the centre IP behind the steering wheel, not only on the infotainment display. ( I did not see this in action but the rep was certain of this, and he put up the screen configuration where the map would be shown, the speedo and tach were pushed to the extreme edges.)
  • the IP display is very high resolution and looks much better IRL than in photos or videos, beautiful.
  • the 8" infotainment screen is sharp, I had the Nissan rep turn on the backup camera view and it was good and crisp.
  • I had him cycle through the different light settings; the DRLs, low beams, and high beams all look great. The latter consist of a double-stacked horizontal array of LEDs, centre-side from the round single larger low beam lamp
  • the seats have nice firm bolsters (I gave them a squeeze) that should hold you in place. If you move the passenger seat all the way back there's room to put a 12X750 ml case of your favourite beverage in the footwell (It may not fit in the trunk though due to height constraints).
  • Outward visibility seems identical to the 370 except to the front, where there is now a much larger blacked out area behind the rear view mirror that will block out some of the upper view. As I could not sit in the car I don't know if you can see the front corners of the car from the driving position.
  • the soft-touch plastics on the top half of the door cards aren't very soft at all, but they are not rock hard either.
  • the yellow paint has a very fine pearl effect that is very appealing. That said, the yellow is definitely bright and loud, not for me.
  • there were paint samples mounted on the wall on curved templates, and while none of the Z-specific colours were up, the Gun Metallic was there and it looked very very good - nice subtle metallic effect with no big flakes, in a fairly neutral shade but having some blue tone. (The studio lighting was very neutral LED with a sunlight spectrum.) I think GM will look much better IRL on this car than it appears in photos and videos.
  • the black roof has no added effects, it is a solid black
  • the car seems more compact IRL; the greenhouse/cabin is definitely tight, not for the claustrophobic. It looks and feels solid, no lightweight Miata here.

Last edited:

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional
Finally got around to the Nissan Studio to view the car. (Don't go before 12:30, the 10:40 time listed on the site is NOT valid for viewing, you won't get in.)

A few facts and observations that may be of interest:
  • although the Canadian car does not get built-in nav, the nav mapping you use on Android or Apple phones can be displayed on the centre IP behind the steering wheel, not only on the infotainment display. ( I did not see this in action but the rep was certain of this, and he put up the screen configuration where the map would be shown, the speedo and tach were pushed to the extreme edges.)
  • the IP display is very high resolution and looks much better IRL than in photos or videos, beautiful.
  • the 8" infotainment screen is sharp, I had the Nissan rep turn on the backup camera view and it was good and crisp.
  • I had him cycle through the different light settings; the DRLs, low beams, and high beams all look great. The latter consist of a double-stacked horizontal array of LEDs, centre-side from the round single larger low beam lamp
  • the seats have nice firm bolsters (I gave them a squeeze) that should hold you in place. If you move the passenger seat all the way back there's room to put a 12X750 litre case of your favourite beverage in the footwell (It may not fit in the trunk though due to height constraints).
  • Outward visibility seems identical to the 370 except to the front, where there is now a much larger blacked out area behind the rear view mirror that will block out some of the upper view. As I could not sit in the car I don't know if you can see the front corners of the car from the driving position.
  • the soft-touch plastics on the top half of the door cards aren't very soft at all, but they are not rock hard either.
  • the yellow paint has a very fine pearl effect that is very appealing. That said, the yellow is definitely bright and loud, not for me.
  • there were paint samples mounted on the wall on curved templates, and while none of the Z-specific colours were up, the Gun Metallic was there and it looked very very good - nice subtle metallic effect with no big flakes, in a fairly neutral shade but having some blue tone. (The studio lighting was very neutral LED with a sunlight spectrum.) I think GM will look much better IRL on this car than it appears in photos and videos.
  • the black roof ahs no added effects, it is a solid black
  • the car seems more compact IRL; the greenhouse/cabin is definitely tight, not for the claustrophobic. It looks and feels solid, no lightweight Miata here.
If the bolded statement above is true, then that's ahead of majority, if not all digital displays out there thus far, as I have yet to see any car show waze/android auto/apple carplay in the cluster.. Glad you enjoyed the viewing!

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
If the bolded statement above is true, then that's ahead of majority, if not all digital displays out there thus far, as I have yet to see any car show waze/android auto/apple carplay in the cluster.. Glad you enjoyed the viewing!
The sales manager at my dealer of record told me there are other Nissan vehicles that can do this now. I made sure he knew I was talking about displaying it on the main IP, not the infotainment display.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
The sales manager at my dealer of record told me there are other Nissan vehicles that can do this now. I made sure he knew I was talking about displaying it on the main IP, not the infotainment display.
That's going to be a really handy feature, and makes me wonder what else will be possible in terms of "customization"...

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
Don't believe until you see it.

Hopefully it does do that, but not a deal breaker either.

Maybe someone can find a video of it working on a new Pathfinder? The new Pathfinder uses the exact same cluster and infotainment as the Z, and appears to be using the same software.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster
Out of every car I've ever owned, The 370 had the cleanest sounds.

My Z4 was on par but it also took 14 Speakers to match it lol
I think I agree. The only Bose system that I felt was far superior was the Bose system in one of my Audi TT roadsters with the rectangular sub at your elbow between the backs of the two seats. The clarity and sheer volume and bass was astonishing.