jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
although the Canadian car does not get built-in nav, the nav mapping you use on Android or Apple phones can be displayed on the centre IP behind the steering wheel, not only on the infotainment display
Amazing! I was really hoping for this as it's quite new and rare. We should get the same down under.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Just a further comment on the black behind the rear view mirror I mentioned earlier. I have since looked at a few interior videos and see that the issue from a driver's POV may not be nearly as concerning as it seemed from an outside view. The black I was seeing is not on the windshield itself, it is a boxed sensor module hanging down right behind the mirror and mostly obscured by it. I don't think it will appreciably reduce the visibility.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The sales manager at my dealer of record told me there are other Nissan vehicles that can do this now.
Afaik no Nissans currently offer this. They show basic audio information but not full dual-screen Carplay.
I've hired a new VW (Tiguan) with it, other than that Audi and BMW have implemented it on selected models.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Afaik no Nissans currently offer this. They show basic audio information but not full dual-screen Carplay.
I've hired a new VW (Tiguan) with it, other than that Audi and BMW have implemented it on selected models.
I've posted a query for Dan on this, not that we will ever get a response.

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer
My wife has a '21 Rogue (not the Platinum trim, though). I'm going to pull out the owner's manual this weekend and see if her's has it.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N

fliplover

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Impala LTZ; '21 Nissan Rogue
Occupation
Engineer

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
  • the 8" infotainment screen is sharp, I had the Nissan rep turn on the backup camera view and it was good and crisp
How did the infotainment feel? In the video it looked a little laggy.

On second thought, it didn't look that bad.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
So, it'd be weird if the IP could display AA or AC maps, because that'd mean it'd probably also be able to display any AA or AC screen......

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
So, it'd be weird if the IP could display AA or AC maps, because that'd mean it'd probably also be able to display any AA or AC screen......
Yeah it's no different than CarPlay on the infotainment screen, both can display separate (and split) screens.

I'm wondering if the sale's manager is mistaken as this feature would have been worth advertising.

ps32987939-audi_tt_activate_apple_carplay.jpg
ps32987940-audi_tt_activate_apple_carplay.jpg

Last edited:

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Yeah it's no different than CarPlay on the infotainment screen, both can display separate (and split) screens.

I'm wondering if the sale's manager is mistaken as this feature would have been worth advertising.

I would LOVE that. The more I can stay focused on the road with minimal distraction and maximum driving, the better. And there's still a lot that's yet to be determined on this car, so it remains possible...

I guess my only question then becomes, I can tell how you'd scroll up/down (wheel on the left arm of steering wheel) but toggling left/right? maybe it just cycles through screens? Or perhaps the buttons to left/right of wheel work for that purpose?

1644980278462.png

TaroBaapG35

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi S4, '22 M3 LR
Occupation
Finance Professional

So this actually doesn't work on any Audi other then TT & R8 models, as neither have the infotainment screen in the center, but rather just the digital dash. Coding wise its possible, but it hasn't been figured yet.