Let's talk about weight

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stinger gt
The VR is only 18 pounds heavier ( including turbo's and inter coolers) than VQ according to the attached article
I would assume inter coolers being dry and probably not allowing for front inter cooler as well

A Deeper Look at Infiniti's New Twin-Turbo 3.0-liter V-6 (caranddriver.com)

The only further weight saving measure I can see over the 370 is it now specifies a tyre repair kit, so I'm assuming it does not run a spare wheel or jack now

Last edited:

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
Sure, feel free to make a Price is Right edition lol.
ok guys and gals...take your best guess.

keep discussing the weight tho...

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD

Jdawg_89

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 6, 335i
Occupation
Engineer
Nothing is confirmed, but I think Dan addressed this on another topic:
trackratZ said:
@Dan_Passe, couple of questions please.

a) are the Options list on the spec sheet complete (besides the Proto options), i.e. no other options available, there doesn't seem to be many? What about some of the Performance items avail to those wanting Sport? I'm set for Performance but hoping won't tip the scales at $50K to start with.

b) any idea on curb weights?
A) options will be limited at launch. Can’t speak to year 2 but for 2023 models it’ll be slightly limited.

B) expected to be near the current car (maybe a bit more) - will release when homologation complete.

And this kind of makes sense right? We know that the VR30 is only several lbs. heavier than the VQ motor... even with all the new safety tech and amenities added to the new Z, how much more could it really weigh? ~3450 lbs give or take for the manual performance-spec seems about right. 9AT is a toss up, we don't know much about that transmission.

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
VR30 with accessories is about 50lbs heavier than VQ37VHR with accessories.

9AT is lighter than outgoing 7AT, so automatic Z cars should be roughly same weight as previous 370Z as far as drivetrains are concerned, with the exception of the weight of the R190 diff that's likely in the new Z. I would be surprised if they're still using the R200. Current Q cars use R190 diff, and for the longest time there was no LSD available on the aftermarket (or from factory), until the VR30 came to market, and that's when a couple people came to aftermarket with solutions. My suspicion is the LSD available in the new Z is sourced from AMS.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
The VR is only 18 pounds heavier ( including turbo's and inter coolers) than VQ according to the attached article
I would assume inter coolers being dry and probably not allowing for front inter cooler as well

A Deeper Look at Infiniti's New Twin-Turbo 3.0-liter V-6 (caranddriver.com)

The only further weight saving measure I can see over the 370 is it now specifies a tyre repair kit, so I'm assuming it does not run a spare wheel or jack now
Are the 370Z doors and hatch aluminum? Nissan said the new Z doors and hatch will be aluminum

Z_Coastal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi TT S Line Coupe
Weight is a big concern for me, my car is about 3200 Lbs.
I really hope it feels lighter than the scale would suggest, which has been stated as a design criteria.

For me, I am not concerned about 0-60 (it will be plenty fast), it is about a car feeling light, nimble, compact, and buttoned down.

Last edited: