2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
Nismo exhaust sounds better but not totally sold yet, price wise could be way expensive, there are many other better exhausts out there, especially those already working with Q Red motors.
There will be a bunch of aftermarket exhausts to pick from. Nismo exhausts are pricy. That doesn't mean throw a Chinese made garbage exhaust on it.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
without the two tone the katana doesnt fit to well
Couldn't disagree more, on the GM it adds just the right amount of detailing, and keeps the paint from looking too plain. And the silver of the blade matches well with the paint colour here. Wasn't a fan on release but now I love it.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
Hmmm, the performance 9AT scratched 3rd gear. With a LSD. That's pretty decent.

I had a tuned Mk7 GTI that would spin 2nd, but even being FWD never chirped 3rd.

This car is making pretty good power!
The VR30 is no slouch, all RWD RedSports are squirrelly AF.....AWD, not so much

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Atacama Yellow Toyota Z4 M40i Premium GTS
Occupation
Full Time Rubber Band Elasticity Tester
My takeaways.....the Nismo exhaust sounds better, I still want exhaust burble (the Supra sounds like it's on kill mode at all times - the Mk V wakes up and chooses Violence every day), the Z chirps 3rd.
I'm happy Nissan didn't put that burble shit on the Z, it's already enough that every high schooler with an old clapped out 328i throws a burble tune on their shit and turn the volume up to the max.. i turned the burble options off on my car, i don't need cops hounding behind my car... or rocks thrown at me for being obnoxious.. if the new Z came with it, i'd find any way to turn that shit off lol

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
The VR30 is no slouch, all RWD RedSports are squirrelly AF.....AWD, not so much
Let's hope this mill in the Z won't make it a handful on handling, i.e. snap oversteer, where lots of tuning needed to tame it. Like the C7, very touchy at the limit.

Houston.RZ34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Q50 S (3.7) 23 Stingray HTC
Occupation
CIO
I'm happy Nissan didn't put that burble shit on the Z, it's already enough that every high schooler with an old clapped out 328i throws a burble tune on their shit and turn the volume up to the max.. i turned the burble options off on my car, i don't need cops hounding behind my car... or rocks thrown at me for being obnoxious.. if the new Z came with it, i'd find any way to turn that shit off lol
I'm not talking "SRT-4s with BOVs in the 00s annoying" (chirp!, chirp, chirp!.......oh look, it's his first time with some boost - how cute) or even "Bootleg 2 stepping" but some burble on the back end does get the blood flowing (for me anyways)

Let's hope this mill in the Z won't make it a handful on handling, i.e. snap oversteer, where lots of tuning needed to tame it. Like the C7, very touchy at the limit.
To be fair a huge reason for the squirllyness of the RWD Qs is stock tires and wheels, with the Z we'll have 10s out back and with better tires (like PS4Ss) will hook. If all else fails

Last edited:

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Atacama Yellow Toyota Z4 M40i Premium GTS
Occupation
Full Time Rubber Band Elasticity Tester
some burble on the back end does get the blood flowing (for me anyways)
No yeah, burbles do definitely get your blood flowing... it sure did for me... but that's because one of these got behind me as i passed by. 🤣
E7B6F4BF-8BCB-49DB-9AE0-C5A9C3D72C35.jpeg

If the story will pan out the same for the Z IF it has burbles.. downpipes not recommended lol, you'll have the pigs HOT on your ass faster than you can turn off the sport mode button, ESPECIALLY in eye candy colors like Passion Red, Seiran Blue or Ikazuchi Yellow.