Is the new Z already starting to affect the Supra?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I don't think they will be able to make enough Z's at first to really affect the Supra.

Both cars will be in limited supply for a long while. Many industry experts are saying we have a long way to go before supply issues clear up.

I think when (if) things normalize, the Z will destroy the Supra in sales.

Zboy

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z32
Supply issue possible?
There is definitely a supply shortage right now. On the Toyota web site it shows no $51k base model for the 3.0 are available, only the $54.7k premium models.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
There is definitely a supply shortage right now. On the Toyota web site it shows no $51k base model for the 3.0 are available, only the $54.7k premium models.
I think most people already gobbled up the base 3.0. Also with the 2.0 the only ones available are the ones with Safety & Technology Package. The grand total came out to be almost $48k. No wonder why those are sitting on the dealer lots lol.

Haste

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
This feels like the most appropriate place to put this - https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota-gr-supra-manual-gearbox-coming-by-mid-2022-report/

It's rumored, of course, but worth keeping an eye on
If it happens it would be interesting to know how many current mk5 owners that started dogging the manual transmission the last few years suddenly have a change of heart and switch.

Likewise, how many potential Z buyers would take the BMW/Toyota with a manual instead if that's their main issue with it.

S58 with a manual in something other than an ugly BMW body sounds good, but unfortunately the mk5 looks just as bad.

Donalex

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 300ZX
A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of driving a Porsche 911 GT3 with auto around a race track for three laps.

'ain't nothin' wrong wid dat...it was a wild ride. I couldn't have done any better manually shifting.