Is the new Z already starting to affect the Supra?

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
I don't think one month is enough evidence to identify correlation. There could also be a lot of other variables at play. Let's see what happens over the next several months, and maybe the idea could be humored. It was already showing a downward trend in the few months prior, too.

Last edited:

Andaesthetics

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Nissan 370Z Sport Touring
I don't think one month is not enough evidence to identify correlation. Could also be a lot of other variables at play. Let's see what happens over the next several months, and maybe the idea could be humored. It was already showing a downward trend in the few months prior, too.
I agree. When the actual car starts deliveries we'll have to check back.

ceric

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'16 Mazda6

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Occupation
Freeloader
Agree with most on here. Let's check back in spring of 2022.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A couple
Didn’t Toyota come out earlier in August stating they were cutting production by 40%? Not sure if that impacts the Supra. With the global supply chain issues, no sales comparisons are reliable.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
Didn’t Toyota come out earlier in August stating they were cutting production by 40%? Not sure if that impacts the Supra. With the global supply chain issues, no sales comparisons are reliable.
They said they were cutting back on the 2.0 from 20% to 15% because of "COVID". I think it has more to do with the fact that no one is buying the 4 banger lol. ?

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
the zupr4 has not sold as well as most have thought. there is still a lot of contiversy surrounding it....lack of manual, high price, bmw built.

also the issues it's having with oil consumption, 7 or 8 recalls, locked ecu's, the core supra community not accepting it...list goes on.

i think once the z is released it will have a huge effect on sales.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I don’t know what happened in the US, but here in Aus during our major shut down, companies that could prove they were making 30% less over the same period got paid $1500 every fortnight for every employee they had, which got passed onto them (I think that’s how it worked
was a while ago now)plus extra for the actual business. Because no one could go anywhere or do anything or go on their annual holiday
everybody bought cars and boats etc
.so I guess by now only people like us, who are genuinely waiting for a specific model will still need to buy cars.
This might work in the guys in the US favour. If everyone already bought cars with their lock down money, they are only going to get enthusiasts waiting for this car instead of passing traffic so to speak

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q60
I thought Toyota was prepared for the chip shortage? I know the 2022s are now just starting to roll into showrooms.
The Supra isn't made by Toyota.
Although all vehicles are touched by supply issues, the way Toyota deals with it has zero effect on any Supra production issues

H2O_Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Supra MkV, 370Z 6MT
Occupation
Friggin’ Scientist
I thought Toyota was prepared for the chip shortage? I know the 2022s are now just starting to roll into showrooms.
Interestingly, I can still get more than I paid for my Supra. Yes, nutty market, but any harm done by the Z hasn’t made the price budge in the last month.