If you plan to replace your shift knob, good luck..

eculley

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23' Z 6MT
Occupation
Engineer
Holy hell. I read elsewhere this thing was tough to get off, but I wasn't prepared. Multiple people, multiple pairs of vice grips and a pipe wrench later, we were able to get it off. The stock knob didn't make it out unscathed, unfortunately.

With that being said, this knob from Z1 is really great. I was worried I wouldn't like the stick style, but I do. The weight isn't significant compared to the stock knob, so if it's weight you're after, this isn't it. You feel a lot more of the transmission given it's straight metal, which I think is my biggest compliment to it.

IMG_0151(1).jpg

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Well worth the effort though. : )

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Nice! I replaced mine back in June and can confirm, it was extremely hard to unscrew. I was surprised actually lol. Thought for sure I had the right tools / leverage and it was just a pain. Didnt use a strap wrench which is apparently much easier but who knows.

Bodz

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata, beetle
Occupation
Manager
what tools did you guys use to remove the shift knob ?

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
what tools did you guys use to remove the shift knob ?
Like the OP, I man handlded mine off with a pipe wrench and duct tape. Mines not ruined but does have some big scratches. Not surprising, I was in a hurry and knew it wasnt the proper way. Grab yourself a strap wrench and that should work without ruining the original.

Maximus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
IMG_6180.jpeg
I could’ve believe how hard it was to remove the factory gear knob. We used a pipe wrench to hold the shifter under the shift boot, wrapped a THICK piece is rubber strap around the factory gear knob and a strap wrench around that rubber strap so the factory gear knob wouldn’t get ruined. Holy hell was it hard AF! Two hours later….it came off and was well worth the struggle

2017370ZBlack

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z 6MT & 2015 Xterra Pro-4X
I have the black version of the Nismo knob on my 370, which is nice, but I'm tempted by that Z1 knob!