because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Yeah I saw Camisa post that in Reddit a few days ago and have been waiting for that vid to drop.

@because_murica - think your list of potential other cars sounds right except the 2.0 Supra. Cayman will likely be included as it’s considered one of the best in class.

Ugh. They should not even bother comparing with a 2.0 Slowpra.
The reason I thought/think they will include the 2.0 Supra is so that Hagerty can report that the Z is at least faster than A Supra. The public will run wild with it and say stupid shit like "damn the new Z destroys Supras".

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Perfect brake feel, no fade in 3 days of track filming. (ICONS!)
This was my biggest worry, but looks dependable so far.

Also, his response was to someone asking about how it is on a track, not drag, so it will be the Z vs 6 other cars around the track. Should be entertaining to say the least.
Especially if a certain Mr. Pobst is behind the wheel, which I assume will be to keep things consistent.
What I've been waiting for, and Randy will wring them out. I also know this local track well. Need times at Weathertech Laguna Seca for the ultimate comparison.

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
Awesome video, thanks for sharing. Love anything he (& Hagerty) does.

This also reminded me how badly I want to see someone develop fender mirrors for the new Z.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Awesome video, thanks for sharing. Love anything he (& Hagerty) does.

This also reminded me how badly I want to see someone develop fender mirrors for the new Z.
Fender mirrors? That's sooo old school, but I won't mind it, to match this :D

1653005728000.jpeg

therumblewagon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CX-5, Elantra N
They're just so iconic. And while we're at it, hoping we see aftermarket introduce something similar to that hood, too @trackratZ—bet it would do wonders for helping to keep temps under control.

Basically, what I'm asking is...I want a modern day version of whatcha got lol (would happily take the current version, too)

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Can't wait for the track test.

But numb steering, terrible inconsistent tires and rear, and understeer? Yikes...

Drseckzytime

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stuff
Sounds like your mind is made up lol
Unfortunately. I fell in love with the styling, I saw it in person. I wanted it to be what I needed it to be. Even though I ordered something else, if I were pleasantly surprised by the Z on track, I could swing back. But I don't think that's happening as of now.

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Software security
Can't wait for the track test.

But numb steering, terrible inconsistent tires and rear, and understeer? Yikes...
That‘s the more reason to start with a ‘cleaner‘ slate. Base Sport and upgrade what you need, with understanding superior upgrades might end up costing a bit more, better use of your $$$. The new Z is still awesome as a total design.

OP
OP
because_murica

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Occupation
Litigator
Unfortunately. I fell in love with the styling, I saw it in person. I wanted it to be what I needed it to be. Even though I ordered something else, if I were pleasantly surprised by the Z on track, I could swing back. But I don't think that's happening as of now.