First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BT50 Mazda, 1972 VW Beetle
Occupation
Manager
Hi All, new to this forum, and new to the 370 world.
I've found a 2017 370 Nismo I'd really like to purchase, I'm in Wollongong, Car is in Townsville, I can't get to view it but have done some checks. Had the car inspected by a 3rd party technician, run history checks etc. What I'd really like to know is if anyone knows the vehicle in this forum and if so could share any details of the history etc.? Happy to share current car details if requested. Thanks all in advance, Ben

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Hey mate.
Most of this forum is dedicated to 2023+ Zs.

I'm in Brisbane but I'm from Townsville. I'd be happy to speak to some people and see if I can find out anything.
I also have a 370 and am on those groups a fair bit. Send me the details.

Cheers Mark

Last edited:
OP
OP
BenMiddleton

BenMiddleton

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Manager
Noted thanks for that Mark. The car is located a Nissan Townsville, AKA NQ Auto.
583 HY3 2017 Nismo in black.
I'm very close to finalising purchase, I just have a gut feeling and need a little more info if possible.
Got a pre purchase check from, Bob Parkes Townsville, they claim it to be like new, but didn't provide much more details. I know there is no finance owing and that it's not been written off.
Claimed Ks are low and previous owner apparently traded it for a new Z 400.
Any thing you can get would be much appreciated.
Also, Mark, any recommendations on technician I could get to run a pre purchase check? Redbook and RACQ won't do.
Cheers
Ben

Last edited:
OP
OP
BenMiddleton

BenMiddleton

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Manager
Mix of both, go for it and concern. I'll try find another 3rd party technician to do a vehicle check.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Mix of both, go for it and concern. I'll try find another 3rd party technician to do a vehicle check.
Seems fair enough.
If you've had it checked over and buying from a dealer I think you'd be ok.
You'd have some kind of warranty and statutory warranty.
But yes, it's tough buying a car unseen.

Mr&Mrs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RZ34
One thing that should help you rest easy, is knowing there is a massive aftermarket of new, used, and 3rd party items for the 370z. The community for the most part is also super helpful. The forum the370z.com is slow moving nowadays but IMO is the best resource on the web for those cars. I owned two over the years and that was my goto spot during those times.

My 09 was sold roughly a year ago to someone local that I have kept in touch with. It has had no major issues after being boosted for 90% of the cars driven mileage. I didn't really beat on it but the new owner has been thoroughly enjoying it. The VQ platform is very reliable long term from my experience.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
As noted, you'd likely have better luck at the forum The 370Z.com. Participation there has waned in recent years as the 370Z went basically unchanged for 2009 to the the 2020 model year but still might have more relevant information than this site. Good info on the RZ34 here, but the forum's not very active since there are just not very many such cars in the world.