AMS VR30 Intercoolers - Has anyone installed these? Looking for input...

Tyler Z

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1986 300ZX, 1990 300ZX TT, 2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Car Dealer

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
Hey,

I just got my 23 Z performance home, and I have already ordered some upgrade parts... Just curious if anyone has tried out these intercoolers and if they are worth the $$.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/intercooler/ams-performance/ams-performance-2023-nissan-vr30-intercoolers-p-39241.html?list_name=SearchResults&oid=39241:0:83760:50&qid=3845d58270de3df3fd27a35d4b94fc8f

Thanks!
Ive seen quite a few people with them and yes they are worth the money if you have big power goals. Not needed if you are only doing basic bolt ons.

OP
OP
Tyler Z

Tyler Z

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1986 300ZX, 1990 300ZX TT, 2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Car Dealer
Ive seen quite a few people with them and yes they are worth the money if you have big power goals. Not needed if you are only doing basic bolt ons.
What kind of power upgrade would I be looking at? I plan on ordering the Z1 Cat Back Exhaust, possibly the down pipes from Z1.

Thanks!

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
What kind of power upgrade would I be looking at? I plan on ordering the Z1 Cat Back Exhaust, possibly the down pipes from Z1.

Thanks!
Well, depends why you have those parts already I guess... If you are doing it just for the exhaust note, you definitely wont want to spend the extra $$$ on intercoolers. Maybe look at intakes instead - there are offerings from AMS, Z1 and Nismo now (among others) that will both compliment the exhaust upgrades, and give you a little more induction noise.

But if you are planning on doing a performance tune, intercoolers and a heat exchanger (I personally wouldn't do one without the other) will help with heat soak and help you achieve consistent and reliable performance.

TLDR; if you aren't going to spend time on a dyno, I wouldn't bother with intercoolers/heat exchanger.

VR30Z

First Name
Sultan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z 6spd
Occupation
REMOTE TUNING
your first mod should be the heat exchanger, trust me. i did alot of datalogging and research behind it.

regarding the intercoolers. if you want more conisistancy in terms of power yes

they are less restrictive and offer more fluid which also helps with heat soak.

when pushing boost above 18psi its recommended