Has anyone replaced the seats?

bgordon27

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
I love the car, but not the seats. The plastic on the side of the base of the seat is very uncomfortable under the cushion. Can we remove the plastic? I would put in Recaros, but the dealer and other mechanics tell me there will be an airbag light and the car will fail inspection. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

goeagles11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z
I’ve been eyeing buying some Recaros too. I thought you could transplant the weight sensor from your base seats to your new ones?

Chokinzoku

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I have a Proto spec and the seats make my back hurt like hell. I have a R35 GT-R and those seats feel even better than my old Benz. I am wondering if I can insert R35 seats in a RZ34. Been looking into it. If I can I would buy them and do it. My old 93 300ZX had way better seats. I think the RZ34 is the most beautiful design to come from Japan in the last 20 years but the seats cause all kinds of pain, at least for me. I can drive the R35 all day and no issues. I drive the RZ34 for 1 hour and feel like King Kong Bundy just stomped on my back. Im 6 feet tall. Anyone know of any better seats I would love to install them. Thanks.

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
Yes, I agree, the seats aren't the best...

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
NISMOs have the Recaros. Can you install those? Or is just the seat back?

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
NISMOs have the Recaros. Can you install those? Or is just the seat back?
The Recaro's in the Nismo are extremely comfortable. Should be a easy swap. FYI they're not power seats, but still have excellent manual adjustments.

4HCWOIZPOA4QSM5ALENZBLNMHA-cr-1400.jpg

Last edited:

Jah_Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z (Everest White, Performance, 6MT)
I have a Proto spec and the seats make my back hurt like hell. I have a R35 GT-R and those seats feel even better than my old Benz. I am wondering if I can insert R35 seats in a RZ34. Been looking into it. If I can I would buy them and do it. My old 93 300ZX had way better seats. I think the RZ34 is the most beautiful design to come from Japan in the last 20 years but the seats cause all kinds of pain, at least for me. I can drive the R35 all day and no issues. I drive the RZ34 for 1 hour and feel like King Kong Bundy just stomped on my back. Im 6 feet tall. Anyone know of any better seats I would love to install them. Thanks.
Im actually surprised to hear this. Do you have a history of back pain? I'm 6'3 230 and have found them to be pretty comfortable. My head is definitely close to the roof but I don't have any pain or feel spots poking me.

Brock

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 370z
For all those with aching backs! I’ve found that a memory foam back pillow from Relax the Back is the best solution. They look great! And are around $70.00. You will not be disappointed. They support the lower back, and make the long drives possible! 😊

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
Will the Recaros from Z34 (370Z Nismo) be plug-n-play for the sensors or are the plugs/wires not compatible? Still wondering since kind of planning for that. If so, can buy the seats BEFORE getting the new Z.

OP
OP

bgordon27

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
The Recaro's in the Nismo are extremely comfortable. Should be a easy swap. FYI they're not power seats, but still have excellent manual adjustments.

4HCWOIZPOA4QSM5ALENZBLNMHA-cr-1400.jpg
I sat in a Nismo and the seats are nice, but they have the same side plastic on the base and that is what is causing me discomfort.

Vintage

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rubicon
I sat in a Nismo and the seats are nice, but they have the same side plastic on the base and that is what is causing me discomfort.
The higher side bolsters and extra side pading against the plastic base made it more comfortable for me. Sorry it didn't work out for you..
Your only option may be aftermarket.

30092937655104bedb04a646368aec32 (1).jpg
bdb052f171644e799ef90cd91b2026df.jpg

Chokinzoku

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Im actually surprised to hear this. Do you have a history of back pain? I'm 6'3 230 and have found them to be pretty comfortable. My head is definitely close to the roof but I don't have any pain or feel spots poking me.
only with certain cars; S550 = no back pain. R35 = no back pain. Z = back pain. Soft leather = no back pain for me apparently. When I was at the Nissan Heritage Museum a couple other guys were sitting in the Z on display and they were complaining about the seats while the car was stationary. Go figure.