OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well guys…it’s been fun.

I started this page for all us Aussies in Sept 2021, I tried to hang on…but I am out
Tonight I officially requested a refund, and purchased the Z4.

Its muffler sounded better than the Z, the stereo sounded better, the camera was better, the exterior quality was far better ..and it’s a convertible
Yes I am half really excited, half really sad. It was very hard to pull the trigger but now it’s done, I’m happy

2 years is along time to wait, only to fall at the last hurdle.
If my car was on a boat already I might have had a harder job at not giving in…but it’s not.

The Z4 was surprisingly quick off the mark and lots of fun to drive..of course it’s not Z quick and not Z power but it’s enough for me for now.
And who knows in a few years maybe I’ll trade the Z4 in for a Nismo

I wish those waiting all the best and I’m almost positive you can thank me, because I’m pretty sure now I’ve given up those cars will be on the boat tomorrow.
But that’s how my luck works 🤣

Good luck everyone

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Well guys…it’s been fun.

I started this page for all us Aussies in Sept 2021, I tried to hang on…but I am out

Its muffler sounded better than the Z, the stereo sounded better, the camera was better, the exterior quality was far better ..and it’s a convertible
Yes I am half really excited, half really sad. It was very hard to pull the trigger but now it’s done, I’m happy

If my car was on a boat already I might have had a harder job at not giving in…but it’s not.

The Z4 was surprisingly quick off the mark and lots of fun to drive..of course it’s not Z quick and not Z power but it’s enough for me for now.

I wish those waiting all the best and I’m almost positive you can thank me, because I’m pretty sure now I’ve given up those cars will be on the boat tomorrow.

Good luck everyone
Well done. Long journey. Nice for you to have an outcome and sorry I got mine before you.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Well guys…it’s been fun.

Good luck everyone
Good luck with the Z4, you've made a good choice of car.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Congratulations!!

I didn't want to weigh in prior to your decision but I think you've made the right one.
I'll likely be following suite and keeping my Ranger Raptor over the Z.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Tell your dealer you want to be first on the list when and if they release a Nismo version. Even if you have to put down a $500 deposit now.. ;)

jdm-rhd

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
@West Aussie sorry to see you go, but i cant say i blame you. two years is a long time...heck ive bought 2 cars in that time and now so have you.

im prob gonna drop out soon myself because i called the dealer only to find out they sold the only car they got in.

they never even called me!! i asked if they were getting another soon and said they should, but it was gonna have a 5k mark up.

as you and others here know, im not gonna pay over msrp...

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Congratulations!!

I didn't want to weigh in prior to your decision but I think you've made the right one.
I'll likely be following suite and keeping my Ranger Raptor over the Z.
Thanks…like I said I was really nervous to just “do it” but the more I thought about the more I just think the Z4 is better for me.
The interior of the Z just didn’t appeal to me …and I would have had to spend quite a bit more to get what I wanted
Others here want to race, or need it to be really powerful and I get that.
But for me that’s just not that important

For what it’s worth we are nit alone. nissan Osborne Park has a new salesman (I mean I’ve been through 5 so not unexpected they would replace one sometime). He said he’s been there for around a month, and there have been 4 cancellations in that time alone.
Nissan could have had a best seller, if only they had treated people right

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@West Aussie sorry to see you go, but i cant say i blame you. two years is a long time...heck ive bought 2 cars in that time and now so have you.

im prob gonna drop out soon myself because i called the dealer only to find out they sold the only car they got in.

they never even called me!! i asked if they were getting another soon and said they should, but it was gonna have a 5k mark up.

as you and others here know, im not gonna pay over msrp...
Sorry to hear that…people can only be disappointed for so long before they give up completely
There are cars out there that will make you happy, just a hard step to say officially “I’ve given up”

For anyone else thinking about it..I will say the dealer was VERY helpful and also VERY remorseful that they couldn’t deliver. The process to apply for a refund of the deposit was straight forward, easy and took about two minutes. Not sure how long it will be before the money actually comes back, but Dealer said it had already been processed

Also, they said they would not get the car, Nissan will take it and give it to the next in line

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Tell your dealer you want to be first on the list when and if they release a Nismo version. Even if you have to put down a $500 deposit now.. ;)
I’d like too…but I’ve been burned, and when that happens it’s hard to take the plunge again.
I will wait until they are plentiful …and MAYBE then I might dive in