Hands Up all the Aussies

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
they have a proto jsut lying around as well?
Nah, that’s our demo. Yellow coupe manual. Do not mention to WA.

My sense is the autos and solid colours were ready to go before the manual and paint? fix, hence why I’ve gotten lucky with on time delivery.

just my thought, not fact, however if the roof has been wrapped on two tone cars, that may be the paint fix….. This is just based on what I’ve read online, nothing internal.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Leave the auto vs manual thing to the facebook gronks 😁

Is the exhaust actually bi-modal overseas?

Mine, in sport mode, does change the sound inside but I'm pretty sure it's artificial and the sound outside doesn't change. The auto exhaust definitely sounds better than the manual though. Something to do with the way they test manuals and autos differently for compliance.
The auto exhaust is different, there were some pictures way back at the start of this journey on the press release cars.

agree, the auto probably gets to be louder as the ratios probably help out with the mobile noise test….

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The auto exhaust is different, there were some pictures way back at the start of this journey on the press release cars.
Trying to dig up that post but from memory the conclusion was the exhausts on both Australian delivered variants were of the quieter type. In saying that we were only looking at the media cars back then..

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Nah, that’s our demo. Yellow coupe manual. Do not mention to WA.

My sense is the autos and solid colours were ready to go before the manual and paint? fix, hence why I’ve gotten lucky with on time delivery.

just my thought, not fact, however if the roof has been wrapped on two tone cars, that may be the paint fix….. This is just based on what I’ve read online, nothing internal.
Nothing I dint already know…Morley in WA has a yellow Coupe display.

I’m happy you guys are getting your cars, but not gonna lie…getting pretty pissed I’m still waiting more than two years on

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Trying to dig up that post but from memory the conclusion was the exhausts on both Australian delivered variants were of the quieter type. In saying that we were only looking at the media cars back then..
yeah they only got adr certification on the quieter.

saves them some testing money.

@morgand how long have they had that demo?

Was it from the press release?

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Nothing I dint already know…Morley in WA has a yellow Coupe display.

I’m happy you guys are getting your cars, but not gonna lie…getting pretty pissed I’m still waiting more than two years on
Now clearly I’ve not done more than a kilometre of driving but @West Aussie hang in there. You will love it. All the shit people say on the internet about the stereo, or the infotainment, or the reverse camera - none of it is anything like the drama they make it out to be. The car just has soul! Internet just full of haters and nit pickers I think.

Looks amazing in real life in the real world.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
So this happened today. The dealer jumped the detail up the line to get it done before Easter long weekend. Legend.

Built 12th December 2022. When's the next meet Brisbane peeps?

C1B5C2F6-BF33-422E-97F6-624CEABD63AA.jpeg

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So this happened today. The dealer jumped the detail up the line to get it done before Easter long weekend. Legend.

Built 12th December 2022. When's the next meet Brisbane peeps?

C1B5C2F6-BF33-422E-97F6-624CEABD63AA.jpeg
Is that a liberty tuned by STI !!!!!!!!!!

I was shopping those a couple years back but could not find a clean one. Absolutuly love those, so underrated.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Is that a liberty tuned by STI !!!!!!!!!!

I was shopping those a couple years back but could not find a clean one. Absolutuly love those, so underrated.
It is! #89/250 - I'll admit I didn't know it existed until I was shopping for a Liberty GT and when I found it, had to have it. It'll be up for sale soon 😉

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
[QUOTE="loudsx, post: 56231, member: 2532"

@morgand how long have they had that demo?

Was it from the press release?
[/QUOTE]
Just post press release, it was new to them so not a press car.

I could log in an get that actual date if needed?

Raff

First Name
Gtr
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z
Something that is real odd, I'm getting a staff/family discount and they still can't get me a price. They said we have to wait till we have your allocation first to know what your discount will be........ like common 🤨

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Something that is real odd, I'm getting a staff/family discount and they still can't get me a price. They said we have to wait till we have your allocation first to know what your discount will be........ like common 🤨
I don’t care about discounts, or anything else…I just want my car.
I’m officially over the two year mark, watching others who have waited for less get theirs is a bit demoralising
No hate towards them, but it does get me down from time to time.
People say it’s just a car and I get that. But when your a mum that really has nothing else that’s just hers (even the house in my husbands name as he bought it before he knew me) because she puts everyone else’s needs first it can get very depressing.
My car has always been my happy place, a freedom to go where and when I like, a place to escape everyone else when I need to be on my own.

Yes it’s just a car, but it’s also a bit more than that for many

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Wait, you ordered your car 594 days ago when the car was launched?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wait, you ordered your car 594 days ago when the car was launched?
I ordered the car in March 2021.
Dealers were taking orders before the car was officially launched…and Nissan Australia confirmed they had my order at that time, so then I had to put a deposit down first week of April 2021
My order is second at my dealership…plenty of people ordered way before the official launch, including many on this forum
Haven’t worked out the exact number of days…but well over 700.
I started this thread April 21 2021 …three weeks after my deposit was placed

Last edited: