morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Yeah I set a date…was supposed to be now
That’s why I’m asking about reliable transport companies, and the ease of getting cars over the pits.

I must admit though ….I’m still hanging on with my finger tips. Realistically how much longer can it take 🤷‍♀️
CEVA or National Car Movers, PRIXCars also does it.

You can get a permit to drive an unregistered car from NSW to WA if you want to do a road trip in the new car.

Given your patience so far, I'd hold out now for the Z. Either way don't cancel your order.

You could always chip in some money to upgrade the i20 to the i20N. They have reasonable availability. :D

I should be getting the BRZ in the next month, so will have been a 4 month wait. Probably got lucky on ordering the 10th Anniversary model, as some of the people who ordered BRZ's have also had 12 month waits. They have started landing now in relatively good numbers. I am also looking to get a 120th Anniversary Fatboy. Those two work out the same price as the Z, and leaves me with some new toys to wait for the Mustang. ;)

Last edited:

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
damn not been on Whirlpool for ages!

and Wow it's bigger than I remember!
The guy reckons he didn't preorder - just went in for a test drive and got told there was a new one on the floor he could take delivery of immediately. Just another thing in the long list of things that don't add up with this release.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
T
CEVA or National Car Movers, PRIXCars also does it.

You can get a permit to drive an unregistered car from NSW to WA if you want to do a road trip in the new car.

Given your patience so far, I'd hold out now for the Z. Either way don't cancel your order.

You could always chip in some money to upgrade the i20 to the i20N. They have reasonable availability. :D

I should be getting the BRZ in the next month, so will have been a 4 month wait. Probably got lucky on ordering the 10th Anniversary model, as some of the people who ordered BRZ's have also had 12 month waits. They have started landing now in relatively good numbers. I am also looking to get a 120th Anniversary Fatboy. Those two work out the same price as the Z, and leaves me with some new toys to wait for the Mustang. ;)
Thanks for the tips….as to the I20…no matter how hard they try to juice it up, I still see it as a grandma car. Think it’s something to do with its shape. It’s so un exciting and dull.

I mean each to their own, but I just don’t like it. Plus can’t upgrade as the i20 is my 17 year old sons car 🤣
I’m old…but I’m not grandma status yet 🤣

As to the BRZ and mustang, both appealing but both do not tick my box for a number of reasons…the mustang mainly coz it won’t fit in my garage. At the rate Nissan is going you will have it before the Z😖

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I thought there was a big wait for the N as well? Things must have changed in the last couple of months.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
The guy reckons he didn't preorder - just went in for a test drive and got told there was a new one on the floor he could take delivery of immediately. Just another thing in the long list of things that don't add up with this release.
Sounds like BS to me.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Yes, BS from the dealer most likely.
Could be either really, this is the internet after all. I'm still just sitting here patiently waiting for my Z to arrive, as anything else is fluff.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I went out to take a look at the new demo at Bartons Capalaba about an hour ago.
Serian Blue ‐ Manual
The Blue is beautiful

I can confirm Manual gearbox is really good.
No notchiness, tight and precise. Similar but much nicer than my 370z.
Same goes for clutch. Very easy on the leg but not too light.

I feel that the manual is more fun for me because it has less gears. Meaning you can hold gears longer and get that longer controlled rush of acceleration.
The auto is amazing and bangs through the gears super fast. But I could never keep up with the the flappy paddles. I was always trying to find the right gear.
With the manual 6 speed it's easy to be in the right gear all the time.

received_472769638369326.jpeg

received_839443533800136.jpeg

received_1177839242861654.jpeg

July 2021 build eek!
20230106_134947.jpg

Last edited:

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Saw a tempting option in NSW in person…seriously considering buying it, however I’m concerned about transporting a unregistered car into a different state. How hard is it to get over the pits? How do I drive it unregistered to get it to the pits?

Just found this

Quotes to move car from from Sydney to Perth this week

ServiceVehiclePriceType
Depot to DepotKIA$1,626Fastest
Depot to DoorHONDA$1,476With Goods
Door to DepotFORD$1,721Fastest
Door to DoorTOYOTA$1,535With Goods

I picked up a new Qashqai in 2018 from Melbourne and drove it back to Wollongong, then just got it registered here, just depends if your up for a road trip.
What kind of car has caught your eye, if you dont mind me asking

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
A guy at work went into a dealer a month ago, not one of ours, and picks it up in two weeks. It's already landed, and was a cancelled order.. There are some machinations of why this makes sense in dealer land which I won't go in to, to avoid flaming.. ha ha

We have circa 20,000 back orders across our group, and I imagine the other groups are similar. We've been estimating how many are speculators or traders, to help predict the turning point. Whilst there are consumers that turn cars quickly for business purposes, and will continue to drive demand with reduced supply, there are lots of discretionary purchasers who might sit it out for another year.

There are early signs that the market is slowing with interest rate rises. Used car values have dropped slightly and listing are increasing again. Admittedly, the types of cars that people here are interested in are low volume enthusiast cars, so less prone to early market movements. I am guessing that's why the N became available, as WA says, they haven't really graduated to desirable status yet, though I think they are close. Hyundai as a brand has really evolved since the Excel. :D

The Real Estate market, as most peoples wealth is tied to that asset, is a good predictor of retail trade especially in Australia. The listings are up and prices are down...

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
A guy at work went into a dealer a month ago, not one of ours, and picks it up in two weeks. It's already landed, and was a cancelled order.. There are some machinations of why this makes sense in dealer land which I won't go in to, to avoid flaming.. ha ha

We have circa 20,000 back orders across our group, and I imagine the other groups are similar. We've been estimating how many are speculators or traders, to help predict the turning point. Whilst there are consumers that turn cars quickly for business purposes, and will continue to drive demand with reduced supply, there are lots of discretionary purchasers who might sit it out for another year.

There are early signs that the market is slowing with interest rate rises. Used car values have dropped slightly and listing are increasing again. Admittedly, the types of cars that people here are interested in are low volume enthusiast cars, so less prone to early market movements. I am guessing that's why the N became available, as WA says, they haven't really graduated to desirable status yet, though I think they are close. Hyundai as a brand has really evolved since the Excel. :D

The Real Estate market, as most peoples wealth is tied to that asset, is a good predictor of retail trade especially in Australia. The listings are up and prices are down...
luck plays a part I guess.
I wanted to look at one as was contemplating it. But being a taller person this can be hit and miss.

Eg R56 Cooper s great
2022 Yaris gr. No chance

Back in June the local dealer said 0 chance at a test drive as no-one in Vic had one. And I can order one and get it sometime in 23. If I didn’t fit would help me resell it.

tried a wrx but was really let down by the manual.
(side note the wrx ts sports wagon with the CVT was much better!)

that’s when I realised what the market wasso just but bullet and put money on the Z rather than wait on the test drive like I had been.

looks like was a good idea now.

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT