Hands Up all the Aussies

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
And have I just gotten caught up with the hype and the look of the car?
I suspect that we are all a little guilty of that.

For me the more concerning part is that Nissan has not come clean on why cars that were built were not shipped, were scrapped, repaired, repainted whatever story you choose to believe.

I am trying to find out if the Demo's have to go back, however radio silence so far.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Before I decided to stick it out and wait for the car to arrive I also went through the different options out there to see what was available for the same type of money, Mercedes C43 AMG too expensive and older ones out of warranty may become a money pit, Supra GT manual about 10k more but hate the styling, Mustang a bit big and bulky for me, the option that really had me thinking about jumping ship was the Subaru BRZ a very good looking car, if it was turbo I'd buy it.
Saw a guy on facebook who had a PROTO on the ship due to dock in VIC and said he did not want it and if anybody wanted his spot, not sure if any extra cash involved.
WA dealer advertising a blue performance but has not stated its a new car to order rather than a demo, he has had a few calls, including me, I suggested he update his add as I was ready to buy it and have a car carrier there ASAP to get it.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
I've seen that blue one too and want to know if it's purchasable ASAP... although I don't want another blue car.

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
Did they give you indicative pricing on the Dark Horse @Hammo25 ? I'm interested to see how it and the S650 GT are priced relative to the Z and Supra.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I've seen that blue one too and want to know if it's purchasable ASAP... although I don't want another blue car.
Nope it won’t be. A couple of the dealers here in WA advertise their demo.
When you call they say…that particular one is not for sale but you can order one 😡

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
Did they give you indicative pricing on the Dark Horse @Hammo25 ? I'm interested to see how it and the S650 GT are priced relative to the Z and Supra.
They haven't indicated anything but I reckon the Dark Horse will almost certainly be $100k+

BurninateZ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'92 MR2 Turbo, '19 508 GT, '23 Supra GT Manual
They haven't indicated anything but I reckon the Dark Horse will almost certainly be $100k+
I hope it's less than that, but I have a bad feeling you might be right. The Mach 1 was supposedly $83k before on roads a couple years back, so maybe if Ford bucks the current trend of jacking up prices.. 🤞

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Saw a guy on facebook who had a PROTO on the ship due to dock in VIC and said he did not want it and if anybody wanted his spot, not sure if any extra cash involved.
He wanted 90k which I thought was ok. I want an auto otherwise I might have pulled the trigger. I think it's sold already now. :)

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Just an FYI for people wanting to flip their cars. Toyota is now requiring proof of registration. This essentially means double stamps and cuts into the margins for people who have been making a bit of a living out of this... They have also started doing data matches in their DMS, cancelling any multiple orders. Don't think it will take long for others to follow suit.

Before anyone flames me, I am not the police and don't care what people do with their time and money. :)

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
the option that really had me thinking about jumping ship was the Subaru BRZ a very good looking car, if it was turbo I'd buy it.
That's why I ordered one. I plan to go down the HKS supercharger route, as the car will still have the normally aspirated power delivery feel. Looks to be about $10k fitted and tuned. The dude below pretty much did every mod, however I am only interested in the blower. HKS saying they should make around 300hp in final state of tune. And lets face it, 1270kg, rear wheel drive only, that's probably enough. ha ha ha. :p

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I hope it's less than that, but I have a bad feeling you might be right. The Mach 1 was supposedly $83k before on roads a couple years back, so maybe if Ford bucks the current trend of jacking up prices.. 🤞
Yep, much like how we were all expecting/hoping the Z would be $70k on road the Dark Horse will also be more than we're hoping. I wouldn't be surprised if it's even as high as $120k. Now is the time manufacturers can jack up pricing and blame inflation/supply chain/covid/everything. Don't expect prices to ever come back down though.

indio22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'72 Rover S3, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Just an FYI for people wanting to flip their cars. Toyota is now requiring proof of registration. This essentially means double stamps and cuts into the margins for people who have been making a bit of a living out of this... They have also started doing data matches in their DMS, cancelling any multiple orders. Don't think it will take long for others to follow suit.

Before anyone flames me, I am not the police and don't care what people do with their time and money. :)
Normally I don't care much what other people are doing ... until it starts impacting what I want to do. Given the limited supply of some vehicles, these customers bogarting multiple vehicles is not so cool.

I can see why a company might want to reduce that activity, to make max customers happy, rather than the subset scarfing up vehicles.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
Nope nothing on price. The same dealer told my dad (who went in to order a GT) that there are only 700 dark horses coming to Australia - so I might miss the boat. Ford apparently trying to negotiate for higher AU allocation.

I expect it will be a lot more $ that the Z, but can always drop order spec back to GT if I need to. I might end up with both - I reckon once I have the Z my wife will want to keep it for herself.