rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 hardtop supra, 93 widebody rx7, 93 stockish rx7
Occupation
videogame tester/skater
lets play spot the difference

what are odds there a price rise inbound for new orders.
what's the odds people who pre-ordered are not given a call or enough time to respond to a text, message or email and the Z is sold out from under them? ...is it possible?

not trying to cause concern, but i can see where some greedy dealers here in the usa may try to pull off something like this in an attempt to get top dollar.

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
what's the odds people who pre-ordered are not given a call or enough time to respond to a text, message or email and the Z is sold out from under them? ...is it possible?

not trying to cause concern, but i can see where some greedy dealers here in the usa may try to pull off something like this in an attempt to get top dollar.
Lucky this is the Aussie thread

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Anyone know if the front Nissan badge on the nose of the car can be taken off easily? Tooth floss of course but curious to know if itā€™s just glued on or if there might be a hole or two in place?
Anyone source a genuine Fairlady Z read emblem too?

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
that's good, because it probably means there is no criminal element there...
hold up, no-one is saying that... just that dealers cannot sell with markup's like in USA.
(them selling to another dealer they own and then selling used with a markup....well that's totally legal but that's whern they order in one not a customer allocation)

plus we are all well know to be convicts so there's that as well ;)

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Anyone know if the front Nissan badge on the nose of the car can be taken off easily? Tooth floss of course but curious to know if itā€™s just glued on or if there might be a hole or two in place?
Anyone source a genuine Fairlady Z read emblem too?
I've asked the question to a YTer who just wrapped his Z. Z1 also had the new part, so shot them a message too. I'd love to remove it from mine if it's easy.

Had an S15 that I found had a hole underneath the Nissan logo, way too late šŸ™

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hi ya allā€¦.just returned from my holiday.
Iā€™d ask if there was any new updates, but Iā€™m pretty sure I know the answer, particularly because I saw someone on Facebook remark that dealers are confirming orders again.
I mean, come onā€¦how many times do people need to confirm.
And if they are still asking questions it means cars have still not been built.

Saw a tempting option in NSW in personā€¦seriously considering buying it, however Iā€™m concerned about transporting a unregistered car into a different state. How hard is it to get over the pits? How do I drive it unregistered to get it to the pits?

Transport estimates are anywhere between 2.5k and 5kā€¦.so anyone got any recommendations on reliable companies?
There is a car similar being sold on WA, however the second hand damage is more noticeable on it, and itā€™s not certifiedā€¦where as the NSW specimen looks as new, is certified by the manufacturer which means it comes with 2 year manufacturer warranty , the catch is is has 30k on the clock ( the one in WA 16k) and will cost around 3-4K more after transport.

Iā€™m really torn. I so wanted the Z, but the shine has worn off and Iā€™m sick of driving a crappy i20 around. On the flip side I donā€™t want to give, and know as soon as I do Iā€™ll get notification to say the Z is on its way.

Honestly do not know what to do for the best

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
Welcome back from holiday West Aussie :) You should set a deadline for the Z, maybe that will help. I'm in it for the long haul though, we've been waiting 14 months so far!

Anyone know if the front Nissan badge on the nose of the car can be taken off easily?
Z1 got back to me, sounds like more than one hole:
"This will have two small tabs that help align it up as well as adhesive. Just like most front Nissan emblems."

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Welcome back from holiday West Aussie :) You should set a deadline for the Z, maybe that will help. I'm in it for the long haul though, we've been waiting 14 months so far!

Z1 got back to me, sounds like more than one hole:
"This will have two small tabs that help align it up as well as adhesive. Just like most front Nissan emblems."
Yeah I set a dateā€¦was supposed to be now
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking about reliable transport companies, and the ease of getting cars over the pits.

I must admit though ā€¦.Iā€™m still hanging on with my finger tips. Realistically how much longer can it take šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø