Hands Up all the Aussies

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Easy to be positive and comfortable when you know yours is on its way…especially when some have had deposits down for over a year
My deposit was paid just over 12 months ago now?

Ill throw my hat in the ring!

Dec 2021 - white - manual

I will be getting staff/fleet discount, I'm surprised I still don't have an official price yet. My only wish is my discount falls below the luxury car tax bracket.
LCT threshold is just shy of $72k.
If you do have to pay any, it really won't be much.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My deposit was paid just over 12 months ago now?

LCT threshold is just shy of $72k.
If you do have to pay any, it really won't be much.
Yes but you have news….some have had deposits in for a year and a half and have not heard anything
That’s my point

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Yes but you have news….some have had deposits in for a year and a half and have not heard anything
That’s my point
Oh you made it sound like I hadn't been on the list of over a year like everyone else.

Haven't all the reports basically said that coupes (well, the overwhelming majority of them) would come after protos?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Oh you made it sound like I hadn't been on the list of over a year like everyone else.

Haven't all the reports basically said that coupes (well, the overwhelming majority of them) would come after protos?
Not originally…no.
Had I known that it may of been the tipping point to order a Proto for me, as I chose yellow. ( indeed if you go back far enough on this thread you will see I was tossing up)
Media reports as recent as two months ago stated there would be a mix on the first shipment…quoting Nissan Aus

I’d be fine with waiting if I knew how long

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I can count 10 cars in these photos. The pessimist in me wonders if we have just 5 Protos and 5 demos on their way..

220712_Z_Loading_Kitakyushu-14.jpeg
People think we are pessimistic @jezzza ….but they weren’t here for the early days.
We were so full of wonder, hope and optimism…oh for the good old days

They have broken us 🤣

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I can count 10 cars in these photos. The pessimist in me wonders if we have just 5 Protos and 5 demos on their way..

Too right, you'd think if Nissan had a hundred cars or more ready to ship, you'd bet ya bottom dollar they'd make a show of capturing the majority of vehicles to display a more... powerful image. Not this paltry sum before us currently.

It's hard to be optimistic when reading between the lines.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Got a call on Monday saying the car was at the dealers compound. I’m anticipating another call about the auto issue lol. Although I called Nissan Australia last week about the auto recall but they told me there was no recalls for the z.
Can't have a recall if the car doesn't exsist.

I counted 9...

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Drive cars are coming into pre-delivery. Check your local dealer sites for updates, so you can go kick some tyres.
It could just be me but I find this news unexciting and almost disappointing.

I do however see that the Z is included in this month's sales targets!