Hands Up all the Aussies

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bus
So it's safe to assume that we're looking at Coupe deliveries well before all Proto's have arrived?
Yes, there will be coupe's in the first shipment. It was never going to be all Proto's delivered first.

The Proto's just had to be handled differently due to the very limited numbers. Deals fall through a bit, e.g. finance, so there is always going to be some shuffling.

Coupes will follow a more traditional supply arrangement, well normal for the current times. :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yes, there will be coupe's in the first shipment. It was never going to be all Proto's delivered first.

The Proto's just had to be handled differently due to the very limited numbers. Deals fall through a bit, e.g. finance, so there is always going to be some shuffling.

Coupes will follow a more traditional supply arrangement, well normal for the current times. :)
Thanks for thatā€¦starting to freak out and think Coupes were never gonna get here

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
@Ballast Scorcher no reply unsurprisingly, Iā€™m not holding my breath thatā€™s for sure. I did order some new plates though, surprised they werenā€™t taken already:
They are already taken in QLD šŸ˜
1660631463662.png

Hope I see you at a club meet somewhere to get a side by side pic!

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
Sorry guys I don't say much on here but wanting to give what info I have.
So I like others have received confirmation on my Proto in manual. My dealer called me 5 minutes after the email came from Nissan Australia. He mentioned that the original number Australia was to receive was 120 but Nissan Australia managed to secure an extra 50 units making Australian Proto numbers total 170. He also confirmed that my order number was allocated for production in January 23 with deliver in the following month as others have also been told.
My thoughts are the original 120 units may be produced already. He also mentioned the other 2 successful proto orders at his dealership, which were placed 3 months before me, had already had the cars build dates of June 22. Eta for those lucky customers being hopefully in the next 6 weeks. Again makes me think the initial 120 unites are built and will be delivered but maybe the extra 50 will be that December January build run.
Thoughts all?
Hope everyone is well šŸ˜Š

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
He mentioned that the original number Australia was to receive was 120 but Nissan Australia managed to secure an extra 50 units making Australian Proto numbers total 170.
If what you have been told is true then that would have really pissed my off if I still had my Proto on order.

The whole point of being limited edition is just that is is meant to be limited, but the fact that they are potentially adding an additional 50 units just for sales diminishes that fact.

The US are only getting 240 of them and they are over 10 times the size of our market thus it will be a very special car there, not so much here in my opinion if we get 170.

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
Yeah don't disagree at all. I don't know if there was any "official" statements or confirmation from Nissan Australia at any stage about the Proto volume?.. Correct me if I'm wrong? I know there was A LOT of speculation as such?

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
Motor magazine australia:
Limited to roughly 100 units for Australia, the special grade starts out at $80,700 before on-road costs ā€“ a $7400 premium over the base Z, but with exclusivity and the aforementioned extra features on its side.
Car expert Australia:
The company said earlier this month that it would bring several hundred of the Z Protos to market, headlining the launch of the ā€˜regularā€™ 2023 Nissan Z mid-year.

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
I can confirm that there are Proto's being built in December with February 2023 delivery dates. Maybe Nissan has decided to release 240 to every market, or perhaps only half of the allocation coming in August. Very strange development indeed, and sure to annoy those who wanted stick shift and didn't get it...
I wouldn't be surprised if you're right with this too.. Again I don't think Nissan ever confirmed a build quantity for Australia?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I wouldn't be surprised if you're right with this too.. Again I don't think Nissan ever confirmed a build quantity for Australia?
Hey Welcome!
Thatā€™s actually really important info. It definitely explains the later build dates, whilst still saying they are on track to deliver in a few months
One of the reasons I didnā€™t go Proto is because they didnā€™t and wouldnā€™t confirm how many they are getting ā€¦but they will still be pretty special. I reckon if you keep it stock it will be worth more on the long run, because I think most will be tinkered with.
Iā€™m not gonna lie, I hope this also means the really coupe orders are on their way or not far behind the first Proto allocations

I think your feeling about the 120 already built and the 50 following makes sense, and it also explains why @Ballast Scorcher managed go get his hands on a manual after being turned down at first.

This roll out is all over the shop

Beattie

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ5
Occupation
District Manager
Hey Welcome!
Thatā€™s actually really important info. It definitely explains the later build dates, whilst still saying they are on track to deliver in a few months
One of the reasons I didnā€™t go Proto is because they didnā€™t and wouldnā€™t confirm how many they are getting ā€¦but they will still be pretty special. I reckon if you keep it stock it will be worth more on the long run, because I think most will be tinkered with.
Iā€™m not gonna lie, I hope this also means the really coupe orders are on their way or not far behind the first Proto allocations

I think your feeling about the 120 already built and the 50 following makes sense, and it also explains why @Ballast Scorcher managed go get his hands on a manual after being turned down at first.

This roll out is all over the shop
Thanks heaps šŸ˜Š
Absolutely agree with you on all fronts. I'm not concerned about 170 odd units possibly. Let's be honest the eventual build numbers of the coupes will be several thousand over the years so still exclusive enough for the people that purchased for that reason šŸ‘Œ you're right about it explaining @BallastScorcher situation too. Again the 120 units was always some speculation.
My dealer like others seems to agree that there will be multiple coupes alongside the Protos so you guys hopefully may hear some info soon šŸ¤ž good luck!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My dealer like others seems to agree that there will be multiple coupes alongside the Protos so you guys hopefully may hear some info soon šŸ¤ž good luck!
Well, I hope your guy is correct on all fronts then šŸ¤£
As to numbers, there are accidents, there are catastrophic engine failuresā€¦in 15 years only half of that 170 will still be on the roads, and half of that will be stock if your lucky. Itā€™s still going to be rare

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I agree.

I smell a big steaming load of BS from the dealer. (disclaimer, very happy for you if I'm proven wrong)

Why would Nissan manufacture any other cars for any market unless their halo cars (Protos) were all made.
We've seen US Performance/Sport Trim, Aus, Japanese and demos in various trims. It would make no sense.

Unless they ran out of yellow paint, yellow stitching or bronze wheel paint?
@Beard

I retract my previous statement.

Congrats on the Proto!

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Haven't been on here for some time in awe of getting a Z!

I've test driven and gotten the 2022 M240i xDrive which I'm contemplating and then you've got the Z. If a deposit down for either, the Z might be here Dec or Jan 23 which is not a problem, about 6 months for the M240i.

Which do I get?!