Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
If a deposit down for either, the Z might be here Dec or Jan 23 which is not a problem, about 6 months for the M240i.

Which do I get?!
If you're not already on the list for a Z it could also be a 6+ month wait.

Do you want a rear wheel drive sports car or an all wheel drive sedan?

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Dealer said if desposit for the Z is placed sooner rather then later it'll be here in Jan.

Both are coupes! haha One, though is AWD and a bit more premium but the other has the heritage and style I like.

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I've test driven and gotten the 2022 M240i xDrive which I'm contemplating and then you've got the Z. If a deposit down for either, the Z might be here Dec or Jan 23 which is not a problem, about 6 months for the M240i.

Which do I get?!
How long do you plan on keeping the car? The Z will probably last forever whereas the BMW will probably go tits up once warranty is finished. That's what swayed me away from the Euros.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Both are coupes! haha One, though is AWD and a bit more premium but the other has the heritage and style I like.
Oh yeah of course it is! I've test driven one too, it's a nice bit of gear and damn quick but it my mind if I owned one I'd always see it as the entry level sporty BMW.

No manual transmission with the latest iteration makes it a non contender.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Dealer said if desposit for the Z is placed sooner rather then later it'll be here in Jan.

Hmmm….there is a huge waiting list for the Z, I had my deposit in since April 2021, and still have not been given confirmation as to when it will arrive
I agree with @jezzza …think you will be waiting longer than Jan.

Go with the one that you will enjoy driving, I would prefer a manual any day…but that’s me

whopacha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
Business improvement analyst
Got a msg from my dealer today:

...Just wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that we be hopefully getting the New Z for test drive some point in September. I will let you know as soon as the car is here so you can come and have a drive then also get more insight on when yours will be available for delivery in the mean time feel free to contact me if you need anything.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Just signed up as a VIP at an American Nissan dealer, they have new Z accessories to order and have %15 off.
Thinking about getting the front and rear splash guards and the interior door scuff protector $325 USD
Thinking of getting it delivered to my hotel in Hawaii as they have free US shipping
They also have front carpet mats for $123 but I'm hoping i get those for free

1660809812048.png

1660809747609.png

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Got a msg from my dealer today:

...Just wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that we be hopefully getting the New Z for test drive some point in September. I will let you know as soon as the car is here so you can come and have a drive then also get more insight on when yours will be available for delivery in the mean time feel free to contact me if you need anything.
What did you order? Coupe or Proto?
And …good that they are getting their demo in, but not over orders (I know I sound like a broken record) , customers should come first

whopacha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
What did you order? Coupe or Proto?
And …good that they are getting their demo in, but not over orders (I know I sound like a broken record) , customers should come first
Blue manual Coupe (Melbourne west side)

I asked if there is an ETA on coupes and if they are on boats but didn't get a response at this time.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Blue manual Coupe (Melbourne west side)

I asked if there is an ETA on coupes and if they are on boats but didn't get a response at this time.
They are silly really. The longer we wait the more we hear about things…for example
First it was the smaller screen…not happy but can live with it
Then no Sat nav and extras that comes with the larger screen…hmmm not happy, but ok
Then no wireless car play or charger…not very happy because it’s not a cheap car
AND then today….2nd gear could be cooked. If that proves true, that will be a deal breaker for me.

The point of manual is enjoyment of driving…not paying for your gear box to be paid every six months. So, if you do get to test drive ( my dealer hasn’t contacted me) be sure to share your thoughts, particularly on the manual

whopacha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3 sp25
Occupation
Will do. I agree the smaller screen and audio and stuff is a bit bullshit for the price. I also saw a few vids with crunching gears. I wonder if that's the same car being smashed by multiple journos though. Hopefully not a big problem. Otherwise I could get on board with the new civic type-r next year maybe.

Last edited: