Hands Up all the Aussies

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Great news mate! How did you manage to get the manual?
Just a bit whinging šŸ˜…

Congrats man! So glad that you'll get the manual you were after.

I didn't want to go on about it but settling for an automatic through no fault of your own was crappy.
Cheers mate, it was a compromise, no doubt. The infotainment was one thing, the transmission quite another. But in all seriousness, I was honesty coming around to the idea of an auto just because I am looking at relocating to Perth in a few years.
Screenshot_20220815-132225_Gmail.jpg

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Great news mate! How did you manage to get the manual?
But seriously, I think the orders are so up in the air still with people bailing out that anything is up for grabs. I'd call your dude - or simply put it to them when they call you. You might get a nice surprise šŸ˜‰

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
But seriously, I think the orders are so up in the air still with people bailing out that anything is up for grabs. I'd call your dude - or simply put it to them when they call you. You might get a nice surprise šŸ˜‰
Yeah I just sent an email asking if it was possible to keep an eye out for me, Iā€™m really bummed out with the Auto, Iā€™d honestly pay extra just to get manual at this point.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yeah I just sent an email asking if it was possible to keep an eye out for me, Iā€™m really bummed out with the Auto, Iā€™d honestly pay extra just to get manual at this point.
In saying that I really think Proto should have only come in manual, seems like the enthusiasts choice of model. Z only really makes sense in manual so I think itā€™s a bit silly.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
True, true @Fontana

Regarding old mate with the 2023 Proto though, that's sketchy dude.

The build date on my dealer supplied info is June 2022 Week 3...

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah got the same email, plus details on my vehicle. Not currently on the water, but expected delivery mid-september.

Good news, got the manual! šŸ„°
Fantasticā€¦as you should being you were ahead of so many others.
Really happy for you
Now when you see your dealer, can you sayā€¦well because Iā€™m not interested in the Coupe, can you give me any goss about it, and let us know if they are holding onto secrets šŸ¤£

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@Beard ā€¦Iā€™m just gonna say what everyone is thinking, and really hope you donā€™t take it the wrong way.
But are you sure your dealer knows what they are talking about and you have a car allocated.
With all the other guys getting official emails it seems really suss, Iā€™m guessing that Nissan has finally completed allocating the Protos and emailed everyone at the same timeā€¦the guys who got the emails are in different states with different dealers, it would be really random if they are not sending out the same email to all successful Proto orders at the same time .
I hope Iā€™m wrong ā€¦really I do, but something just feels off

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So jelly seeing all the proto confirms being posted on FB now :(
Me tooā€¦I could have been one, and to be honest had I known the wait was going to be this longā€¦and that the coupes would be even longer, I probably would have gone the proto.
God knows how long we have to wait for the coupes šŸ˜”šŸ˜–

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Fantasticā€¦as you should being you were ahead of so many others.
Really happy for you
Now when you see your dealer, can you sayā€¦well because Iā€™m not interested in the Coupe, can you give me any goss about it, and let us know if they are holding onto secrets šŸ¤£
Thanks @West Aussie. We're all in this together and hopefully prospective coupe owners can start seeing some real movement. If my car hasn't hit the water yet, neither has yours and hopefully they both arrive together.

So jelly seeing all the proto confirms being posted on FB now :(
sorry dude. Youve been dealt a rough hand. Reading this shit certainly isnt doing you any favours šŸ™

@Beard ā€¦Iā€™m just gonna say what everyone is thinking, and really hope you donā€™t take it the wrong way.
But are you sure your dealer knows what they are talking about and you have a car allocated.
With all the other guys getting official emails it seems really suss, Iā€™m guessing that Nissan has finally completed allocating the Protos and emailed everyone at the same timeā€¦the guys who got the emails are in different states with different dealers, it would be really random if they are not sending out the same email to all successful Proto orders at the same time .
I hope Iā€™m wrong ā€¦really I do, but something just feels off
Yep, something not quite right, for sure.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
the roll-out drama in this thread is insane. does aus not have a regional director or someone like dan passe that can clear up some of the confusion? at least a person dealerships can go to for accurate information...
Man ā€¦getting through to anyone in Nissans hierarchy in Aus is harder than getting in to see God.
They have to be world champions at the dodge ball or something , cause no one has a clue of whatā€™s going on.
At least the Proto guys now seem set

P.S have any of the Aussie guys seen that new show Hunted? Maybe the next time they run it they should put Nissan corporate in, Iā€™m willing to be they couldnā€™t find them