Hands Up all the Aussies

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Yeah, I do question the distribution however, given @Ballast Scorcher had to settle for an Auto
Yep, it's a load of shit. Fancy offering me a bloody auto back in June but someone else a manual mid-August.

Seriously, wtf.

Nothing like a hundred k compromise 😒

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
NEWS UPDATE!

Spoke to my dealer again this morning.

• Nissan should have contacted all customer who missed out on a Proto order
  • Significantly less Proto auto vs Proto manual (auto was a special order, so those autos will be super rare)
  • Both customers at my dealer turned down the Proto. These were then reallocated by Nissan (thus I did not get offered one). They are not getting any.
  • Cars are coming on different ships for different states
  • Half the Protos for QLD have arrived and are at the Port of Brisbane (I went immediately for a drive to check out the port. I could not see any)
  • Their demo is coming on the "Amethyst Ace" due 02/09/22
  • The rest of the Protos for QLD will be on there too
  • His gut feeling is that
    • the first lot of Coupes will be on the next ship from Yokohama OR
    • they may also be on the the "Amethyst Ace" (it wouldn't make sense to send 50 cars only and the next lot on the next ship, but who knows)
  • Proto customers will already have a screenshot showing build, VIN and various details from the Nissan system
  • Coupe have still not begun allocation
  • It is possible/likely that Coupes will land in Australia prior to allocation from Nissan
  • If a dealer gets a demo and it EXACTLY matches your order, then the Dealer may sell you that car and then restock their demo when your car arrives. However it is very likely that Nissan will send a demo that doesn't match a customer order to avoid this.

Last edited:

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
NEWS UPDATE!

Spoke to my dealer again this morning.
  • Significantly less Proto auto vs Proto manual (auto was a special order, so those autos will be super rare)
  • Both customers at my dealer turned down the Proto. These were then reallocated by Nissan (thus I did not get offered one). They are not getting any.
  • Cars are coming on different ships for different states
  • Half the Protos for QLD have arrived and are at the Port of Brisbane (I went immediately for a drive to check out the port. I could not see any)
  • The rest of the Protos for QLD will be on there too
  • Proto customers will already have a screenshot showing build, VIN and various details from the Nissan system
Thanks dude, that's a solid update!

Good to hear vehicles have landed. I know there was a lot of speculation about this, but it's good to have it reinforced.

Special order for the auto, i question how it came to be that myself and @Fontana ended up with them. Surely this tid-bit won't hurt a possible resale. I certainly don't have a vin yet either. Hopefully that's coming in the very near future though.

Shame you missed out in the Proto @Mud, what variant of Coupe are you going with?

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Thanks dude, that's a solid update!

Good to hear vehicles have landed. I know there was a lot of speculation about this, but it's good to have it reinforced.

Special order for the auto, i question how it came to be that myself and @Fontana ended up with them. Surely this tid-bit won't hurt a possible resale. I certainly don't have a vin yet either. Hopefully that's coming in the very near future though.

Shame you missed out in the Proto @Mud, what variant of Coupe are you going with?
I can only imagine people that ordered auto weren’t happy with the price so turned them down to us? Either way I’ll take any silver lining I can get.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Yeah, I do question the distribution however, given @Ballast Scorcher had to settle for an Auto
I can only imagine people that ordered auto weren’t happy with the price so turned them down to us? Either way I’ll take any silver lining I can get.
I think that the coupe situation may be similar, even though people know the price now, when push comes to shove and they have to say yes or know a certain percentage will cancel orders

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
My guess is these autos were more casual orders by less enthusiast type people, thus the cancellations

Yeah kinda kicking myself I didn't go with one to start with. I thought 2 red Zeds would be cool.
Red/Manual

Last edited:

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
I certainly don't have a vin yet either. Hopefully that's coming in the very near future though.
I'd get on to your dealer.

They showed me the details for their demo.
It has:
  • VIN
  • Colour (White)
  • Transmission (Auto)
  • Build date (June 2022)
  • Ship it is on (Amethyst Ace)
  • ETA (02/09/22)

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Their demo is coming on the "Amethyst Ace" due 02/09/22
Fantastic update, thanks!

This dealership swore black and blue that they wouldn't accept a demonstration vehicle until preorders were fulfilled, I wonder what changed.. I'm praying that our cars are on this next shipment but from what I've heard from someone higher up, it's less than likely.

Sounds like cars can't be sold yet and we're awaiting a grand release date.

Now where are they hiding these Protos? I'll head down for a snoop in a bit.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I've already sorted the garage door opener in my 370z. Will prob remove the boot release and add the same in the new Z
I had the middle switch on my 370z to control front parking sensors I had installed as my version never had the hatch release. Can buy a device in ebay so that Google app will open the garage door.
i will move the switches on the new Z, middle will be hatch release.

Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Fantastic update, thanks!

This dealership swore black and blue that they wouldn't accept a demonstration vehicle until preorders were fulfilled, I wonder what changed.. I'm praying that our cars are on this next shipment but from what I've heard from someone higher up, it's less than likely.

Sounds like cars can't be sold yet and we're awaiting a grand release date.

Now where are they hiding these Protos? I'll head down for a snoop in a bit.
Well you are taking it better than me @jezzza
If the second half of Protos are arriving on the 02/09 then it will be another few weeks before they get to the actual dealer.
So mid Sept ….then coupes most likely not on board, so we are looking at October at the very earliest, but more likely November
Because dealers want a car to show off that they have no stock to sell

Now I know everyone has had this conversation before, but there are so many that ordered very early it’s just frustrating, and the longer it goes on …the more people are buying other options. We see it on this forum daily
Maybe they have so many buyers they don’t care , but it’s not a great business decision to lose your clients before your product even arrives

As to seperate ships if QLDs coming on the Amethyst Ace, then they should arrive on a sister ship in WA….Liberty Ace or Ruby Ace, however neither appear to be dropping into Japan

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I had the middle switch on my 370z to control front parking sensors I had installed as my version never had the hatch release. Can buy a device in ebay so that Google app will open the garage door.
i will move the switches on the new Z, middle will be hatch release.
Can you send us a link to the device?
Also interested in where you got the button from (and installed?) @Mud ?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Tuya Car Garage Door Opener Smart WiFi Switch Control for Alexa Google Home
Just search on ebay, Ali Express sells the same less

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Yeah I have mine set to work with Goole Home also. But it can be finicky to use. You have to get your phone out and sometimes your signal is dancing between mobile and home wifi.

No device. Buy an extra garage remote.

Button was this one I think.
https://www.aironboard.com.au/store/nissan-switch-n1b86gom-garage-opener-amber-green-on-off.html
Need to cut and solder new LED to colour match

Installed myself.
  • Remove battery from remote
  • Bust open shell
  • Solder/clamp button down so always powered on
  • Solder wires to +ve and ‐ve remote terminal
  • Wire into button and splice to heated seat or other 12v power under cup holder (very simple 12v circuit wiring)
  • Enjoy

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Awesome, thanks mate!
I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron, so will have a crack myself also :)

Actually - did you add a fuse to this? Or just used the one attached to the button you replaced?
(I ordered the physical button just now, and have a spare garage remote - happy days!)