Hands Up all the Aussies

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
We now have a proto in stocked into our DMS. This is a positive sign. Sorry can't share any more of the details. :)
1658989477144-png.png
No one noticed in the first entry for Make/Carline/Year it is referred to as Nissan 370Z which is even worse than the Description as Nissan 400Z.

If this is meant for imminent release how the hell can the ordering system still not be updated properly yet?

As much as it pained me to cancel my order I feel really sorry for the rest of you that still have an order and yet even after a month after I cancelled mine, you are still no closer to knowing anything!

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
If this is meant for imminent release how the hell can the ordering system still not be updated properly yet?
I seriously hope this is just something a semi-literate dealer has set up, if not Nissan Australia really don't know or care about their own product.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I seriously hope this is just something a semi-literate dealer has set up, if not Nissan Australia really don't know or care about their own product.
Some dealer on Facebook says coupes in Dec….im about to chuck a massive wobbly

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Given everything. If I had to put my money on a month - it'd be October.
Wheels magazine is probably the most legitmate source of info so far lol

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
if you knew how old and decrepid most IT systems are (looking at your here Banks and healthcare) this does not surprise me.

why bopther changing from 370Z to Z when you can jsut add a trim level, much easier.
and no doubt internally 400z was prob the working name so all the internal stuff will have that.

people are lazy!

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
The inventory details are provided by Dealer Management Systems (DMS) providers and yes this one is a bit antiquated. There are two levels of Model code, and as noted the new Z still sits under the 370Z top level. In order to accept expressions of interest prior to official designation the new Z was put under this and given the 400Z code. It will be changed in the fullness of time. :)

The reason this is good news is that the Proto allocations must be finalised for us to have in stocked this vehicle.

ETA's are problematic at the moment and dealerships are hesitant to give dates given the shifting tides. My best guess is that there will be some very happy people next month. ;)

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
The inventory details are provided by Dealer Management Systems (DMS) providers and yes this one is a bit antiquated. There are two levels of Model code, and as noted the new Z still sits under the 370Z top level. In order to accept expressions of interest prior to official designation the new Z was put under this and given the 400Z code. It will be changed in the fullness of time. :)

The reason this is good news is that the Proto allocations must be finalised for us to have in stocked this vehicle.

ETA's are problematic at the moment and dealerships are hesitant to give dates given the shifting tides. My best guess is that there will be some very happy people next month. ;)
Really appreciate the insights, thank you. :)

Seems to align with what I was told too. Fingers crossed Nissan Australia provide some info to the dealers soon!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Happy…only if you ordered the proto….which most people have not