Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
What's bet it's a Aug 31 launch date as technically "mid year" with media out on the 1st.
Yeah, nah
They always release the media drives before they release to the public.
Who knows, maybe this is the one time they don’t

Doubt it though

Duchess

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S6
Occupation
Trade Compliance
Just had another call from my dealer

the gist
  • Nissan Australia are finalising calls to customers for the Protos
    • (I guess they had to give everyone their 5 days to decide and then make second round offers and wait etc)
  • Nissan Australia are likely to begin contacting Coupe customers soon after. I should expect a call from Nissan Australia in the next week or 2
  • I'm second on their list
  • they don't know if Protos will land first
  • they don't know if they'll get a demo prior
  • they've heard rumours cars are on their way, but nothing certain
I pumped them for info, but they don't have anything to offer :(
We may have the same dealer, but I was told a very similar story this week when I spoke with them.

The dealer rep I spoke to honestly didn't know when the cars would start going out, but has been lead to believe (by Nissan AU) that the cars were either here or very close.

IF they are here (not saying they are.... IF) then they aren't in customers hands yet because Nissan Australia is still working out all the allocations. They did the first offers, some people wanted them, some people didn't - then they did a second round offer (same again, some people declined) so they are currently doing a third and final round. That is meant to be finished very soon (this week ish).

IF they are on a boat already, but not here, there was a shipment of Nissan vehicles due to arrive in BNE on the 25th, but had been delayed due to the low pressure weather event off the coast. Unsure if that would mean it waits a few days (unlikely) or is routed via southern states first.

Couple of differences in what you were told though (not saying you are wrong, at all, just pointing out for comparison).
I was told again that the protos are 100% coming first, and that while they think they are close, they have no idea about the coupes. Probably a month after protos (complete guess).
Was told that there will NOT be a dealer demo any time soon. All cars will be allocated until probably the end of this year at least. They had a few people who wanted test drives, but the official word was "sorry, but no".
Was told that Nissan wants these in the hands of customers ASAP, but has to finalise the allocation.

The impression I was given is that they are still expecting delivery of first cars in August - this is a delay from the hopeful 'End of July' that I was told at the start of this month, but it's certainly not unreasonable given the limited run of protos (down to 130ish from the original 200ish expected in AU) and managing the allocations. Even at 3 rounds, giving everyone 5-7 days to respond, you are looking at ~3 weeks administration delay.

My own personal opinion is that this allocation process wouldn't have happened unless the cars were in transit. I believe they are on a boat, arrival imminent and driving in August is pretty likely.
I'm an optimist though... so... whatever.🤘

23Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1969 Datsun 240Z
Occupation
Viticulture
I think you are on the money.
I received a Proto allocation (one of two allocated to the dealer) on the 3oth June with formal contract that day.
The dealer gave me the same info as what you have just said - Proto's only first, Nissan had given dealers no information on Coupe's at that point (I have a Coupe on order too).
The Proto's we either already in Australia or on a boat, with deliveries to commence in July or August.
So, if you are on the list for a Coupe, then expect more waiting, and if you have not yet recieved an allocation for a Proto, most likely you won't get one.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well, good and bad…I’m pissed off about the coupes.
No one was ever told when ordering that they would come after the Protos, for someone like me who ordered yellow a long time before official orders would open, I would most likely have upgraded just to get the cars in my hands quicker so this is disappointing if true.
Having said that, I’d still be surprised if there are not a mix as that is what Nissan Aus told the media, and we are still seeing a mix all be it heavily proto mix coming out of US etc
So I’ll hold my absolute dummy spot until we know for sure how much longer we have to wait
A custody call to non Proto customers wouldn’t go astray

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Does anyone think the cars going in the system AND social media starting mean something?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Does anyone think the cars going in the system AND social media starting mean something?
No
Like I said they have been doing posts all year, even emailing us with the same old same.

I’m interested in the system order…why does it say 400Z my contract was updated to Z Coupe
And note this one is listed as a coupe, not a proto…but on order, just coz it’s yellow doesn’t mean it’s a Proto.
@morgand how do you differentiate between proto and normal, there is no mention of Proto anywhere, but coupe mentioned twice?
Is it something to do with the model number given (PMC= Proto Manual Coupe)