Hands Up all the Aussies

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Hey all, thought I'd share

My dealer knows how many proto's they've been allocated by Nissan.

He suspects that Nissan will allocate Coupe's to dealerships in July AND they'll receive a demo car end of July.

Feel like it's slowly beginning to happen!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
No news about my Proto order (manual).

I'm not sure what I'd do if they offered me Auto or nothing. At least my mrs could drive it I suppose!
My guess ..and it is purely a guess. Is that they have already decided which dealers will be getting the Protos, but if you were further down the line and no manuals were left, that they would contact you like @Ballast Scorcher

Could be totally wrong…just my feeling

Typed this before I saw @khoi242 post, looks like my feeling may be right …Khoi is it your feeling that both protos and coupes will arrive at the same time?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Let me tell you mate, its a bloody hard call in my opinion. Before being offered a vehicle, I'd of said 100% deal breaker. The reality of it being a take it or leave it deal definitely pushes a harder choice on you to make. Hopefully you don't have to compromise.
Completely get that…it’s all very well to say I’d refuse it, realistically I don’t know what I would do, until your in that position….however I am in a different boat, I never wanted a proto so I would have the luxury of waiting until the next shipment for a manual should it not be available….and I probably would.
Same as colour, I’m willing to concede a yellow for blue, red or at a push white…but none of the other colours

Hoping @khoi242 is right and our allocations for coupes will come through soon

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
My guess ..and it is purely a guess. Is that they have already decided which dealers will be getting the Protos, but if you were further down the line and no manuals were left, that they would contact you like @Ballast Scorcher

Could be totally wrong…just my feeling

Typed this before I saw @khoi242 post, looks like my feeling may be right …Khoi is it your feeling that both protos and coupes will arrive at the same time?

My dealer simply mentioned that I'd be in the 'first batch'.

So even though allocations from Nissan>Dealer (for Proto and Coupe) are 1 month apart, there's still a good chance it all arrives together.

With that being said, if the demo arrives late July. My guess is that all the cars would arrive earliest mid-late August.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
looks like someone is driving in aussie?

There are two in the country, one in Sydney one in Melbourne. They were used for dealer information and media ( but non driving reviews). This looks like it’s either being used for media drives now, or perhaps moving dealerships for display.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So I started this post way back on Sept 6th for us Aussies…back then there were only a few of us, and we have lost some on the way (can’t say I blame them) due to the wait. It’s been so long with so many joining it’s impossible to remote who ordered what and when…soooo
Now that it seems things are finally progressing, could I ask everyone just to post, what they ordered and when

I am very interested to see if Nissan really is staying true to its word and giving cars out in order of who put orders in first. Obviously there will be some abnormalities like @Ballast Scorcher getting some paper work most likely due to his chosen spec not being available ..but I really am keen to follow this.
I will keep a list at home and keep track of it .

So again please post, what you ordered, when you ordered, what state your in…And when you get confirmation from your dealer if you can repost with a note as to if it was what you ordered it would be good.if we work together we can figure out if they are doing what they said they would

I’ll start
WA coupe yellow manual black interior April 2021

Last edited:

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
So my dealer was desperately trying to get hold of me today as I had multiple missed calls from them but I was in the field and didn't have time to take the calls.

So going by how hard they tried to get hold off me it possibly might have been to deliver bad news like what Ballast Scorcher received.

There are really only 3 things that is could be about.

Like Ballast Scorcher it could be to inform me that my Proto order will be auto not manual at which point I would cancel immediately.

Number two would be to inform me that they were unable to secure a Proto for me which then cancels the order for me.

Lastly it would be to tell me that all is good and that they will be sending me an updated contract.

I travel home for my break tomorrow so will be able to call them to find out and will let everyone know.

looks like someone is driving in aussie?

It frustrates me when people like this somehow get access to cars ahead of time and yet can't even get the name of the car right!