Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So question guys…if these specs are correct, and as they are from Nissan there is no reason why they shouldn’t be…
Why in the heck do we get everything bar the bigger infotainment unit? What’s the reasoning do you think?

Also just so you guys don’t think I’m dreaming…here is the article I read that stated between 80-100k
Although I don’t know this publication that well, and it does sound like a guess. My dealer still says between,70-80k but then again he didn’t even get told about the lates news

https://www.goauto.com.au/future-mo...in-for-new-gen-nissan-z/2021-10-06/86047.html

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That's purely their guess. IMO there's no way 40k USD equates to 100k AUD.
That’s what I would think too…but as I said, so much information hard to tell fact from fiction…even for a dealer

slknv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911, Cayenne Turbo, Nissan S15
That's purely their guess. IMO there's no way 40k USD equates to 100k AUD.
Well... a 911 is around $100k USD, and about $250,000 AUD so... :oops:. Same with the C8 Corvette, 60K USD vs 160K AUD. Don't we love living in the lucky country. US pricing has very little to do with Aussie pricing - like any sensible business, Nissan Australia will assess the local market, look at competing options, and price the product for maximum return. Then the government will take a chunk of Luxury Car Tax for no good reason apart from lining the pockets of corrupt politicians (*cough* sports rorts, dodgy carpark grants, french au pairs etc etc etc if you know, you know....)

Having second thoughts about the Z, there's so many great AMG/M/RS options in the 80-90K bracket. That said, all my euro cars have been broadly unreliable, while my japanese cars have been amazingly reliable. Someone give me a reason to go ahead with a Z purchase?

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stinger gt
Well... a 911 is around $100k USD, and about $250,000 AUD so... :oops:. Same with the C8 Corvette, 60K USD vs 160K AUD. Don't we love living in the lucky country. US pricing has very little to do with Aussie pricing - like any sensible business, Nissan Australia will assess the local market, look at competing options, and price the product for maximum return. Then the government will take a chunk of Luxury Car Tax for no good reason apart from lining the pockets of corrupt politicians (*cough* sports rorts, dodgy carpark grants, french au pairs etc etc etc if you know, you know....)

Having second thoughts about the Z, there's so many great AMG/M/RS options in the 80-90K bracket. That said, all my euro cars have been broadly unreliable, while my japanese cars have been amazingly reliable. Someone give me a reason to go ahead with a Z purchase?
Yes the additional luxury car tax of 33% on vehicles once prices exceed $69,152 (2021-2022 tax year) makes comparing expensive car prices per country difficult, however where cars come in around or under that figure (as hopefully the Z should) it is relatively simple to make these comparisons

The LCT is actually one of the reasons why I believe the Z will come in at around 70 to 75k on road ie Nissan will do there best to avoid it

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yes the additional luxury car tax of 33% on vehicles once prices exceed $69,152 (2021-2022 tax year) makes comparing expensive car prices per country difficult, however where cars come in around or under that figure (as hopefully the Z should) it is relatively simple to make these comparisons

The LCT is actually one of the reasons why I believe the Z will come in at around 70 to 75k on road ie Nissan will do there best to avoid it
I hope you are right…starting to get a little worried

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Why in the heck do we get everything bar the bigger infotainment unit? What’s the reasoning do you think?
I'm wondering if it's a typo. Also no mention of interior colours. Dealer has seen black and red listed as options but not blue.

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'm wondering if it's a typo. Also no mention of interior colours. Dealer has seen black and red listed as options but not blue.
I’m surprised that there is a choice of internal colours at all in Aus…..I’m just wanting black, can’t see the others going with yellow very well

theboosh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
XV
I think the smaller infotainment isn’t too much of a surprise. I feel like we always tend to miss out on good options in Aus, so one of the biggest hesitations for me with ordering was that somehow we’d end up not getting some of the key features-like mechanical LSD, or as with some other cars a less powerful motor.

If the smaller screen is all we miss out on, it’s not so bad. There’s enough other features in US head units, such as satellite radio or sometimes On Star emergency assistance, that perhaps we just couldn’t get the same model. The other possibility is that as above, they’re going to try and keep it under the LCT threshold. Given a Nismo will probably be over it, so significantly more cash, Nissan will have to keep a few options up their sleeve to make it seem worthwhile.

The main issues for me are that the 9 inch looks really clean/flush, and hopefully this doesn’t also mean we miss out on Bose audio.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The main issues for me are that the 9 inch looks really clean/flush, and hopefully this doesn’t also mean we miss out on Bose audio.
It does say "Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement" which is the Bose system. Think we're good.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah I saw that, it was up like two days ago…but see what I mean.
Only days ago, your dealer told you he believes the orders will become official reservations, then this pops up.
It’s like the dealers have been given hints to what’s going to happen, but not told any real details.

The issue with this of course, is they don’t have the up to date info at hand to help them sell cars. I mean, like I said…I’m interested in a proto, BUT my dealer didn’t even know Aus was getting any because they had been told all along….just one spec.

He was so embarrassed when I sent him the email, and said the guy in charge of sales laughed at him when he asked about it…I’m now waiting on a return phone call to see what in the heck is going on, because my dealer has now forwarded that email to the head guy of sales in WA to “please explain”

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I think the smaller infotainment isn’t too much of a surprise. I feel like we always tend to miss out on good options in Aus, so one of the biggest hesitations for me with ordering was that somehow we’d end up not getting some of the key features-like mechanical LSD, or as with some other cars a less powerful motor.

If the smaller screen is all we miss out on, it’s not so bad. There’s enough other features in US head units, such as satellite radio or sometimes On Star emergency assistance, that perhaps we just couldn’t get the same model. The other possibility is that as above, they’re going to try and keep it under the LCT threshold. Given a Nismo will probably be over it, so significantly more cash, Nissan will have to keep a few options up their sleeve to make it seem worthwhile.

Agree…but it still doesn’t make much sense, if they are trying save money I have to think a slightly smaller screen would be the worst way to do it…that’s why I’m thinking…what is going on?‍♀

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
The issue with this of course, is they don’t have the up to date info at hand to help them sell cars. I mean, like I said…I’m interested in a proto, BUT my dealer didn’t even know Aus was getting any because they had been told all along….just one spec.
It is a bit concerning. Dealer rang at 8am this morning and seemed a bit frantic, think he had just realised that Nissan had opened official reservations. He said there was an influx of interest (probably via the website reservation system).

These dealerships seems so disjointed from Nissan Australia. I really hope this doesn't mean that 1000s of people are ahead of us..

Last edited: