Hands Up all the Aussies

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I do know that we're almost always 3 or 4 months behind USA with Nissan releases. I'm really hoping this car is fast tracked.
Yeah..agree..but I did a little googling after I read the comment…appears we will be receiving some of the limited spec editions as well ?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok, I thought about this a little longer…first of all the article said mid year, then it said we are getting the spec version, and that it would cost between 80-100k
If that’s the case they will loose a lot of sales
BUT more importantly I thought…that’s a big variation of everything we have been told so far.
Soooo I did what any normal nagging house wife would do, and called my dealer.

He said…they are still expecting the car early next year, that we are getting one model and it will be the performance …that Nissan Australia has not told them as yet they will be getting any launch edition, nor have they indicated that the car has been delayed.
He also said their dealership has already sold at least it’s first two allocations, and that Nissan will have a hard time keeping up

Also said as yet the dealers have not had any details released to them, and to be cautious of what’s in articles
He did say, he will check it out, and if he feels there is anything to it, follow it up…especially because I want a yellow one so the limited version would be good.

But if it’s costing 100k, I’m out anyway so ?‍♀
My price subject to change on the paperwork is 80k, and I think even that is more than most we’re expecting in Aus

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This seems to confirm what @ZZ2022 said ?
Mid next year, spec available, but as I said, probs can’t afford it anyhow

dddd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
stinger gt
2022 Nissan Z detailed for Australia - Drive
Z l Coming Soon l Nissan Australia (scroll down to grades)
2022 Nissan Z features detailed: Sub-five-second 0-100km/h acceleration for Toyota Supra rival makes it quicker than Porsche 718 Cayman - Car News | CarsGuide
Personally I think any talk of prices over 80k is just crazy, I believe they will want to sell in good numbers and will be targeting the best selling sports car in AU ie the mustang GT, and prices will be very close to that
So far it looks like we are getting all performance specs except the 9" screen, although a lot still needs to be confirmed

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
If its near $100,000, it wont sell at all. Its needs to be $80k max i would have thought to compete. But yeah i still think it will fall in the $75k-$80k range.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
My guess is 70 to 75k on road and around 80k for proto on road
This is my thinking too….the thing is there so many different thing popping up in the media, I don’t think we will truly know what’s what until they make an offical statement to the dealers outlining everything
For instance, the proto….obviously my dealer already has a potential buyer, but knows nothing about it so wasn’t keen to change my order in the system?‍♀

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just got this

The all–new Nissan Z is arriving in mid 2022, and with its upcoming arrival we would like to share the detailed specifications of this dynamic performer with you.

Already know you want one? Please make an online vehicle reservation and your local Nissan Dealer will be in touch.
FIND OUT MORE
RESERVE YOURS NOW
YOUR GRADE OPTIONS
The all–new Z has a new 3.0L twin–turbo V6 petrol engine, rear–wheel drive, 6–speed manual transmission with synchronised rev. control, or 9–speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. This eye–catching sports car blends modern technology with vintage Z touches and will awaken your senses.
Athletic adventure
Key features include
• 19" alloy wheels
• 8" display audio touchscreen with Apple Carplay®~ and Android Auto™~
• 12.3" full digital TFT meter display with multipile modes
• Heated front seats with a leather-accented trim
• Active Noise Cancellation and Active Sound Enhancement
• Rear camera and front/rear parking sensors
• Launch control
• Drive mode selecter (AT only)
• Mechanical limited slip differential
• Intelligent Cruise Control
• Predictive Forward Collision Warning and Forward Emergency Braking with Junction/Pedestrian/Cyclist detection
• Blind Spot Warning & Intervention
• Rear Cross Traffic Alert
• Lane Departure Warning
Athletic adventure
Includes Z Coupé features plus/or
• Limited edition
• 19" bronze forged alloy wheels
• Unique yellow brake calipers
• Black interior with unique yellow interior accents and stitching
Includes Z Coupé features plus/or
The all–new Z comes in a range of colours; some you may recognise and a few are new for the Z line up.

Seeking something a little different? Explore the two-tone colour options available on selected grades.
BLACK DIAMOND METALLIC
BLACK DIAMOND
METALLIC^
GUN METALLIC
GUN
METALLIC^
ROSEWOOD METALLIC
ROSEWOOD
METALLIC
BRILLIANT SILVER WITH SUPER BLACK ROOF
BRILLIANT SILVER
WITH SUPER
BLACK ROOF^
BOULDER GRAY WITH SUPER BLACK ROOF
BOULDER GRAY
WITH SUPER
BLACK ROOF^
SEIRAN BLUE WITH SUPER BLACK ROOF
SEIRAN BLUE
WITH SUPER
BLACK ROOF^
PASSION RED TRI-COAT WITH SUPER BLACK ROOF
PASSION RED
TRI-COAT WITH
SUPER BLACK ROOF^
EVEREST WHITE TRI-COAT WITH SUPER BLACK ROOF
EVEREST WHITE
TRI-COAT WITH
SUPER BLACK ROOF^
IKAZUCHI YELLOW WITH SUPER BLACK ROOF
IKAZUCHI YELLOW
WITH SUPER
BLACK ROOF^
The all-new Nissan Z is coming to Australia in mid 2022 and ready for you to reserve* now.
RESERVE YOURS NOW
Yours sincerely,
Nissan Australia
facebook twitter instagram youtube

The all–new Z is not yet available for purchase. Expected availability for Australia is mid 2022. All images and features are based on the pre–production overseas model. Actual Australian production model may vary. Images shown are indicative only.
*Reserve Your Vehicle form completions are not a final purchase of the vehicle. Your preferred dealer will be in contact with you to discuss next steps and formally secure the vehicle.

^Premium paint available at extra cost. Z Proto available only in Ikazuchi Yellow w/ Super Black Roof.

~CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. and Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC. Compatible device and USB connection required.

#Leather-accented features and upholstery may contain synthetic material. colours may vary from the actual paint colours. Minor trim variations may occur from time to time.

If you do not wish to receive future emails and special offers from Nissan Australia click here to unsubscribe. To ensure you receive the latest information from Nissan Australia, simply add [email protected] to your address book.

Nissan is committed to safeguarding your personal information. View our privacy policy to find out more.

NISSAN MOTOR CO. (AUSTRALIA) PTY. LTD.
1 Peters Avenue,
Mulgrave, Victoria 3170

To locate your Nissan Dealer simply click here.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
He said…they are still expecting the car early next year, that we are getting one model and it will be the performance …that Nissan Australia has not told them as yet they will be getting any launch edition, nor have they indicated that the car has been delayed.
I'd be questioning your dealers information source. Their contradicting everything we're hearing, even from Nissan Australia.

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I'd be questioning your dealers information source. Their contradicting everything we're hearing, even from Nissan Australia.
I honestly just think they haven’t been told anything…I mean if you had a chance to sell a proto over a normal one wouldn’t you?

He said something about another car that’s due out early next year that’s been pushed back, yet they hadn’t been given anything by Nissan Aus…so you have to question if Nissan is communicating with the dealers very well…as I said my dealer is one of the biggest in the state, and was correct re orders going through to Nissan Aus etc even when others were saying different, so I had no reason to question him.

This however is the first thing that’s gone against what he has been told.

The 80-100k figure was in an article not from my dealer …so now I’m scared incase that’s true as well

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Just got a call from the dealer to confirm my build spec has been entered in the system.
Great news…so you see this is why I don’t know what the heck to believe…because my dealer has been right on so many things…and now this hits…I mean, what the heck?‍♀

Did your guy give you any clue on pricing?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So just a quick update…after the email I reviewed I called my dealer back. He sounded a bit embarrassed and asked me to forward the email through.
He had actually just had the state sales guy in the dealership in the morning and had had a discussion about our talk yesterday.
He said that the state sales guy also had no idea about what I was talking about.
So it appears Nissan Aus haven’t passed on this info to dealers …..so he is now currently checking it out.

To be honest can’t believe they would send this info out to everyone who has registered interest to get them to pre order, and then not tell the dealers the details ?