OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
2022 400Z? Cringeworthy journalism. ?
Didn’t even seethe 400Z was so shocked at “over a year away”. It all points to someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about. Read a forum, did a story with absolutely no information

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah embarrassingly as is mine. I was too excited to correct the dealer.
As does mine….perhaps that’s what they got in the system. I put my deposit down before the name was finalised ..so can’t be too angry ?

On the upside at least we actually have proper order forms that have been entered into the system…feel a bit sorry for the US guys
But not too much because they get far more choice than us ?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok…so this just happened.
Put in a request for more information on the Z last year.
Finally I get this email…they seem to be actively encouraging people to put deposits down now.
Even though I have already placed mine
I remember my dealer mentioning they were hopefully that Nissan would fill orders in order of date regardless of dealer distribution and then allocate what’s left over…perhaps this is a sign that this may of come to pass given my dealer already has in excess of 6 deposits and that I doubt each dealer would get more than that , at least initially
Given that our dealers can not add mark ups, perhaps it’s a way of rewarding our dealers who get their crap together and get orders in

38BBAE0F-4DF0-40A6-B2D4-D230B7FF7AD0.jpeg

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
P.S the links they provided…the actual Nissan one was good

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yeah embarrassingly as is mine. I was too excited to correct the dealer.
Now back on the right thread ?
Can elaborate a little more.
Dealer manually entered order into the system due to allocations not set in Aus yet …I was even taken by the dealer to the financial manager to take my deposit and I literally watched her enter it
So they are either being very elaborate in their deception or it is indeed in the system…as I said I have no reason to doubt them given they knew I was a sure sale and I was first on the list to want a manual ( second behind 1 auto)
Not like they had to sell the car to me…much to my husbands disgust ?

Look I could be wrong, but I just don’t see what purpose it would serve…especially as every time I’ve called since they keep telling me not to worry and that “ your one of the first in the system you will get your car”.
Last time I called I asked should I pick up a back up colour incase there are no yellow available, they say “ I really don’t think you will need to you are one of the first” and I KNOW they have had multiple more holds go through the system after mine and still sending out emails to people who enquire ( which by the way my original enquiry was placed through Nissan Aus, the response although late came from the closest dealer to my house)
As I said, maybe I’m being gullible …but if I am, they have gone to a lot of trouble with no obvious incentives for them other than added paper work and people calling them for updates on orders every 5 minutes

supra93

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Occupation
Pastry Chef
I'm surprised that we don't have one, but we have an Europe section. I just find that a little odd since the new Z won't be sold in the EU.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
I'm surprised that we don't have one, but we have an Europe section. I just find that a little odd since the new Z won't be sold in the EU.
did look, but maybe it wasn’t a mum look ?

slknv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911, Cayenne Turbo, Nissan S15
So I called my local dealer (in Melbourne) day after launch, gave them my CC details, received a contract via email... but no actual money has been taken from my card.

Keen as anything for a Z in yellow or blue, but may be tempted by an AMG or M car in the meantime - trying to hold out for a little longer!

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So I called my local dealer (in Melbourne) day after launch, gave them my CC details, received a contract via email... but no actual money has been taken from my card.

Keen as anything for a Z in yellow or blue, but may be tempted by an AMG or M car in the meantime - trying to hold out for a little longer!
It’s interesting…so many different dealers doing different things….Is the dealer in Vic big?
I’m pretty sure @theboosh has also given a deposit and entered into the system…if not him there’s another guy who commented early that’s not entered this thread yet, because I know there was another one like me but in a different state