Hands Up all the Aussies

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
The Bose sound system on late models Nissans is pretty impressive. Unless you're chasing 1000W amps & 12" subs you should be pretty satisfied.
I haven't heard the Bose system in the 370Z but I have heard plenty of Bose systems in other cars and haven't been that impressed.

My Harmon Kardon system in my M140i is okay but not that great. I wanted to upgrade it but the speakers sizes of the system made it not really worthwhile to spend $5k plus to upgrade it. If I wanted to upgraded it wtih decent sized speakers it would have required modifiaction of the doors which would have required a lot more money.

The speakers sizes of the Z should be much better and should make the upgrade worthwhile.

Reading the Q50/60 forums, an intake and BOV would likely upset the MAF therefore ECU tweaking would be required, which probably voids engine warranty.
I assumed that it would be the case with those types of mods but I will definitely be getting a new exhaust system at the very least.

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Cheers for mentioning my name too, I owe you a beer sometime!
No worries mate!

Thanks for the recommendation for dealer! Justin has been great thus far.

I had no idea where to go as I couldn't think of anyone that I knew that had bought a Nissan in recent years.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Hey everyone from Whirlpool,

Based in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia (for the minute) have a contract in place for the Proto Z with a $5,ooo deposit in place with Midland Nissan.

West Aussie, hello, whom is your order through as your situation seems quite similar to my own?

My dealer is catching up very quickly to the Z details but there's no denying that Nissan have been pretty ordinary getting details out to the front line.

Cheers lads
I’m going through Osborne Park…yep…catching up, very slowly
I’m not willing to risk my normal option for a proto at the risk of loosing both if I can’t afford the proto.
Apart from the Seats and badging everything else can be changed for not much of a layout.
Wheels easy
Breaks easy paint job ( my son did his commodores)
The badging …I’m not fussed.

Just those seats and stitching that look mighty fine.
Can I ask when you put your order in?
My dealer thought there hadn’t been any orders for a proto in WA as yet. Whenever something goes different to what I’m told…I stress

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
@jezzza
Wondering…now your order is official, did your dealer ask for more of a down payment? Or $1000 still good enough for him.
Interesting in the west we are putting 5k down whilst you guys only needed 1

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
I’m going through Osborne Park…yep…catching up, very slowly
I’m not willing to risk my normal option for a proto at the risk of loosing both if I can’t afford the proto.

Can I ask when you put your order in?
My dealer thought there hadn’t been any orders for a proto in WA as yet. Whenever something goes different to what I’m told…I stress
So have you canned your proto order ?

Don't stress, it's all good.

I had the contract returned, deposit paid and order placed through Nissan before close of business Saturday the 9th of October.

My contract lists the Nismo 370z as the vehicle in question at the top of the contract as the new Z wasn't in the system at that stage. The guts of the contract and down towards the bottom it lists the Proto Z specifically. The price point they're using being the most expensive 370z sits at 75k with on roads but of course this figure is yet to be confirmed.

My New Vehicle Sales Consultant has told me Feb/March, though contract does say mid 2022. Considering he knew sweet FA prior to my call I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Do enlighten me though, I have only been in WA for 2 years, is midland nissan any good? They are a bigger dealer, right? The guy I'm dealing with told me they've purchased a bunnings next door and moved 500+ units last month. I'd just like sone piece of mind they're word means something.

Cheers lads and ladies ?

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
@jezzza
Wondering…now your order is official, did your dealer ask for more of a down payment? Or $1000 still good enough for him.
Interesting in the west we are putting 5k down whilst you guys only needed 1
Sure of it! My new Triton only needed 1k - my guy wasn't having a bar of that for this though! West Aussies getting robbed....plus, he knows I'm from Qld so he should go easy on me as I'm only a ring-in ?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
So have you canned your proto order ?

Don't stress, it's all good.

I had the contract returned, deposit paid and order placed through Nissan before close of business Saturday the 9th of October.

My contract lists the Nismo 370z as the vehicle in question at the top of the contract as the new Z wasn't in the system at that stage. The guts of the contract and down towards the bottom it lists the Proto Z specifically. The price point they're using being the most expensive 370z sits at 75k with on roads but of course this figure is yet to be confirmed.

My New Vehicle Sales Consultant has told me Feb/March, though contract does say mid 2022. Considering he knew sweet FA prior to my call I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Do enlighten me though, I have only been in WA for 2 years, is midland nissan any good? They are a bigger dealer, right? The guy I'm dealing with told me they've purchased a bunnings next door and moved 500+ units last month. I'd just like sone piece of mind they're word means something.

Cheers lads and ladies ?
To be honest…no idea…only know the one in Osborne Park is one of the larger ones and one of two to be listened to sell the Nismo…don’t know who the other one is. I haven’t owned a Nissan for quite some time,

No I didn’t, I have kept my contract as is. The standard version.
I was one of the first in the state to have an “order “ in…placed it back in very early April and didn’t want to go to the back of the line, because I know my dealer has sold above double digits. (All contracts were entered into the system manually until reservations were opened)
Feb March is what I was told originally too.
Given the disclaimer now says August AND the US won’t get theirs till their Sprinb I can’t see us getting them by then.
I’m hoping April May, and that August is to cover their butts.

October 9 is only a couple of days ago so make sense he wasn’t aware of any orders, but interestingly the WA state sales representative didn’t know anything about the proto as late as last Thursday (7th)

It really makes you wonder…what do they really know?‍♀

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Sure of it! My new Triton only needed 1k - my guy wasn't having a bar of that for this though! West Aussies getting robbed....plus, he knows I'm from Qld so he should go easy on me as I'm only a ring-in ?
P.S my contract lists the car as the 400Z as do most of the Aussie guys on this thread …my “price” was set at 80k…again they said hoping it would be worst case scenario so if it turns to be up that end I’m prepared

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
P.S my contract lists the car as the 400Z as do most of the Aussie guys on this thread …my “price” was set at 80k…again they said hoping it would be worst case scenario so if it turns to be up that end I’m prepared
Ok, so I "reserved" a Z late August. Was contacted by Esperance Nissan about a 370z, went in again and got that generic Thanks for registering my interest Sep 20 then on the 7th of October I got the "Don't miss out" email we all got and then yeah, I changed preferred store to one in Perth closest to me out here in the dust - midland nissan - and went from there with the raft of emails/calls with no one knowing FA.

What followed was me talking to the new vehicle dude who asked me if I knew the damn price of the car. It's staggering. My guy then got off the phone to me and called "Nissan" and yeah, contract me up after that. Allocated numbers? Nah, who gives a shit, write them all up! ?

The lack of any kind of insight to ALL the dealerships is bloody disconcerting.

Bit strange you lot got the 400z on the contract and I didn't, though given this shambles of a roll-out I'm not concerned ?

Im thinking the onus is on Nissan to deliver on these numerous bloody contracts getting written up left and right though...

Last edited:
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Ok, so I "reserved" a Z late August. Was contacted by Esperance Nissan about a 370z, went in again and got that generic Thanks for registering my interest Sep 20 then on the 7th of October I got the "Don't miss out" email we all got and then yeah, I changed preferred store to one in Perth closest to me out here in the dust - midland nissan - and went from there with the raft of emails/calls with no one knowing FA.

What followed was me talking to the new vehicle dude who asked me if I knew the damn price of the car. It's staggering. My guy then got off the phone to me and called "Nissan" and yeah, contract me up after that. Allocated numbers? Nah, who gives a shit, write them all up! ?

The lack of any kind of insight to ALL the dealerships is bloody disconcerting.

Bit strange you lot got the 400z on the contract and I didn't, though given this shambles of a roll-out I'm not concerned ?

Im thinking the onus us on Nissan to deliver on these numerous bloody contracts getting written up though...
This is the thing…it’s a bit stressful. Not in terms of cash layout yet because, contracts can be broken if they don’t deliver in 6 months…more because I really want the car, and there is not much else on offer for this price range that I like ( and I just sold my car privately thinking it would take longer) My contract was written on the old school paper because at that time the car wasn’t in the system either…so don’t think you have to worry.They then entered it though the “back door” manually into the system that went through to Nissan Aus.

The thing is…the real thing is. If you put your order through on the 7th and it still wasn’t in the system…why in the heck is Nissan Aus telling everyone reservations are open and dealers will put it through

To be honest I feel sorry for the dealers, it’s clear they are as clueless as us …I know I have to try to stop harassing my guy, but it’s so frustrating when you read information and can’t get a straight answer

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
This is the thing…it’s a bit stressful. Not in terms of cash layout yet because, contracts can be broken if they don’t deliver in 6 months…more because I really want the car, and there is not much else on offer for this price range that I like ( and I just sold my car privately thinking it would take longer) My contract was written on the old school paper because at that time the car wasn’t in the system either…so don’t think you have to worry.They then entered it though the “back door” manually into the system that went through to Nissan Aus.

The thing is…the real thing is. If you put your order through on the 7th and it still wasn’t in the system…why in the heck is Nissan Aus telling everyone reservations are open and dealers will put it through

To be honest I feel sorry for the dealers, it’s clear they are as clueless as us …I know I have to try to stop harassing my guy, but it’s so frustrating when you read information and can’t get a straight answer
Yeah, exactly. Nissan Australia most certainly should not be opening their own dealers up to being blind-sided by enthusiastic customers looking to find out information only for us to be more informed than they themselves.

I can certainly see where you're coming from as far as being on the dog and bone trying to get a clear answer. To put you somewhat at ease, put yourself in my shoes - my nearest Nissan dealer is a piddly thing in Esperance whom would be the absolute last place to get any of these cars. Should these guys in Midland go radio silent on me because I'm borderline harassing them, I can't very well drive down the road for a confab to get a clear answer ?

It does make resources like forums invaluable for the odd tid-bit in such settings, that's for sure!

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Tell you what though, if we do get the reduced size infotainment system I'll be bloody pissed. Would a 1 inch screen reduction really impact the price That much as to justify the change? Im worried the reduced size will throw the look of the dash out. Is this actually a confirmed change?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Tell you what though, if we do get the reduced size infotainment system I'll be bloody pissed. Would a 1 inch screen reduction really impact the price That much as to justify the change? Im worried the reduced size will throw the look of the dash out. Is this actually a confirmed change?
I’m with you on that one…it makes no sense. If it was for saving money, there are so many other areas that they could have made more of an impact.
No idea why they would put everything bar the larger screen in…again, another strange sticking point.
It says 8 inch in all the specs that has been sent out attached to the same email fir reservations

I’m guessing we will know more by the end of the year…most interestingly your dealer like mine thought early 2022, most likely because that’s what the state manager told them

Looks like he hasn’t told them much more than that ?

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
Tell you what though, if we do get the reduced size infotainment system I'll be bloody pissed. Would a 1 inch screen reduction really impact the price That much as to justify the change?
I’m with you on that one…it makes no sense. If it was for saving money, there are so many other areas that they could have made more of an impact.
No idea why they would put everything bar the larger screen in…again, another strange sticking point.
I would say that the chip shortage could possibly be having an effect on this.

The 9in version on the Performance Spec in the US has features that we can't use here like On Star etc.

So they could be reserving all the 9in screens for the Performance spec for the US and not giving the 9in to other markets as they might not have enough units.

They would normally just disable this feature for other markets but with the chip shortage they might believe that they would not have enough units to fulfill this.