Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
I think it's awesome news mate! Not sure what your hesitation is?
The excitement had well and truly worn off and I also already have a deposit down on a Dark Horse. The good news is the excitement has returned and I am very much looking forward to picking it up!

Grug

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Passat V6
Anyone know if there is an auto demo Z anywhere in Perth. My order is for a manual and I’ve driven a manual demo. Just think maybe I should try the auto.

No surprise back in the day my 6 speed manual 200SX was so much better than my 4 speed auto 200. But autos clearly have improved a lot since.

I will not be regularly stuck in traffic so probably want the manual again. But keen to try auto just to be sure.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Anyone know if there is an auto demo Z anywhere in Perth. My order is for a manual and I’ve driven a manual demo. Just think maybe I should try the auto.

No surprise back in the day my 6 speed manual 200SX was so much better than my 4 speed auto 200. But autos clearly have improved a lot since.

I will not be regularly stuck in traffic so probably want the manual again. But keen to try auto just to be sure.
Not that I know of.
The only two that I know we have is the yellow at Morley and the Gun metal in Osborne park…both manual

Zywoov2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None

Give the nissan in cannington a call I think they got a auto demo (not 100% sure)

Grug

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Passat V6
Drove an auto demo today. Definitely not for me. Because:

1. I think it’s has too many gears. You click on a paddle to downshift and almost nothing happens because the gear below is almost the same ratio as what you were in. So you have to pull on the paddle 2 or 3 times to make a difference.

2. At one point in my test drive it just put itself back into auto mode when I had it in manual mode but wasn’t stepping on it. It thinks it knows best. No thanks.

3. The difference between standard and sport is pretty minimal. I currently drive a VW DSG it has a proper distinction between standard and sport. The auto Z doesn’t.

Glad I drove the auto Z. But I will have nil regrets going manual one last time on my last internal combustion engine.

I will give it one positive. I think the auto probably sounded better. But that will be easily fixed in the manual.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Looks like Protos are finally arriving then…so maybe there is some hope of the coupes following in Jan/ Feb

I note the Liberty Ace is back in Freo mid December…maybe a bit too soon

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Liberty Ace in Mid December, eh? Might have mine on board then given my January timeframe.

I'll believe it when I see it though.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
But with that said, I've not had any kind of update to say its on the water so who fucking knows.

Ya'know, regardless of who actually fills the role of sales manager, they all seem to be cut from the same "who-gives-a-shit" piece of cloth.

Pupz

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
987 Boxter, Z in waiting
Proto delivered yesterday. Car is stunning…especially bronze wheels. Driving experience is good, but difficult to fully assess, with engine ‘breaking in’ requiring 2000km below 4000RPM In accordance with the book and no full acceleration. Dealership was good with delivery….and threw in some nice floor mats.
E9D47712-5F8A-40D3-B9A6-EC04ADE7C811.jpeg

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Congratulations on the new ride