Frank Mulholland
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
370Z
Occupation
Hydraulic Engineer
Hi Guys,
I also ordered a Proto Z from a Nissan dealer north of the river here in Perth WA in February. I was told that I made the cut and I definitely had a proto reserved, This was confirmed by phone call again in June, July and again in early August. I was told just how lucky I was. Then like many others I was told that actually I hadn't managed to secure one at all. I'm still waiting for a standard Australian performance spec with no idea when it will get here and like many others on here I'm not sure I want to wait forever. The initial excitement has been spoiled a few times by promises and delivery dates that just aren't true. To add salt to the wound, when I was told that I had defo secured a proto. I went out and ordered WA number plate "Proto Spec" now that I'm not getting one is there anyone out there interested in buying the plate ?

Beard

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'22 Proto Z
Occupation
IT
To add salt to the wound, when I was told that I had defo secured a proto. I went out and ordered WA number plate "Proto Spec" now that I'm not getting one is there anyone out there interested in buying the plate ?
Should ask the dealership to re-emburse you the licence plate cost.

Ballast Scorcher

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 300zx z32 Mitsubishi Triton MR
Occupation
Locomotive Driver
Like I've delayed a certain life choice by 2 months from January next year, to the middle of march to be able to take ownership of this fucking thing and I'll tell you lot right now, I'll be fucked if I'm waiting any longer than March 15. That's my date.

Nissan Aus have said to me Jan 2023, and I've got until mid March, that's it. That's all she wrote.

My personalised plates can stay with this fucked up WA DOT and I'll just Wright the whole thing off as a life lesson is where I'm at.

Anyhow, we've all got our limits.

But Does It Djent?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1998 BMW Z3
That would be hilarious, but I'm honestly just pissed off.

Anyone would swear Nissan is a new bloody start-up with this roll-out and not an automotive manufacturer with near on 100 years under its belt.
Just wait, the next reason for the delays will be because of bad blinker fluid or somethingā€¦
So is it the damn 6spds or the paint? What the fuck is going on? šŸ˜
In a few months: ā€œSorry for the extra delay, the Nissan Zā€™s all have bad blinker fluid and need to be sent back to Japan againā€

Mud

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 370Z, 2023 Z
Just wait, the next reason for the delays will be because of bad blinker fluid or somethingā€¦

In a few months: ā€œSorry for the extra delay, the Nissan Zā€™s all have bad blinker fluid and need to be sent back to Japan againā€
that would set me right off.
there's absolutely no way bad blinker fluid couldn't be changed at a dealer

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
ā€Žā€Ž Engineer
It is such a shame to see people pulling their orders but very understandable.
I havn't quite pulled out yet but close! On a side note, the Ranger Raptor goes extremely well (coincidentally same HP as the Z) though I'm not thrilled about every diesel bogan wanting a drag race.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I havn't quite pulled out yet but close! On a side note, the Ranger Raptor goes extremely well (coincidentally same HP as the Z) though I'm not thrilled about every diesel bogan wanting a drag race.
The new Raptor looks amazing. I'd love to get BOTH it and a Z... imagine the weekend dilemma... "Will I be playing on road or off road this weekend?"

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I'm in it for the long haul, just keep waiting until a car eventually turns up, with all the people pulling out I'm getting closer to the front of the queue.
The paint delay suggestion sounds like absolute B/S, these cars have very strict final vehicle surface inspections highly unlikely something so visually serious would get through and then have to be returned to Japan.

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Approx 10 years or so ago there were XXXXX shipped into the country with paint issues, XXXXX apparently sent them out to repairers across the country depending on where the cars were unloaded and cars were resprayed, these were then sold as new cars to unsuspecting buyers.
XXXXX very popular and good Japanese brand.
I still think the paint issue is a dealer excuse, the Stingers and Patrols in these articles seem to have paint problems that arose after delivery not when the cars were unloaded