Hands Up all the Aussies

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
He stated that if your in a small bingle, trying to repair the damage is more labour intensive and therefore more expensive as you would need to remove the ceramic coat first, and then reapply, and as it will be reapplied in one section it will never been the same as first applied in one go
Think we're discussed this previously but I've been told the exact same. I did consider a clear bra on the front but have decided to roll au naturale and when/if required a respray won't cost too much more.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Anyone thought about what type of window tinting they may get.
Lots of thought! Want it mainly to keep that harsh Qld sun out.

Tossing up between 35% all round, or 35% front with 20% quarters and rear.
Unsure if carbon/ceramic/hybrid is all marketing baloney or not..

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Actually wondering if anyone is planning on wrapping or ceramic coating their Aussie z's?
Especially yellow ones...

I have it booked in for a protective wrap at end of October, but have been thinking about a satin/mat finish. Haven't seen yellow in person to decide yet, but was impressed with the white one - lots of pearl, which would come up nice under a satin finish...
Have seen the yellow in the flesh as I mentioned before in the shade to me it looked dark and deep yellow but in the light I thought it was a bit too light

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
I
Lots of thought! Want it mainly to keep that harsh Qld sun out.

Tossing up between 35% all round, or 35% front with 20% quarter and rear.

Unsure if carbon/ceramic/hybrid is all marketing baloney or not..
I always get my car tinting done by tint a car
It’s half the price the dealership charges and they do a really good job with a lifetime warranty ….and when I say lifetime, my dads Commodore that was 14 years old when he sold it to my son had some slight bubbling. Took it in they redid it …looks brand new, and no questions asked

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
I
I always get my car tinting done by tint a car
It’s half the price the dealership charges and they do a really good job with a lifetime warranty ….and when I say lifetime, my dads Commodore that was 14 years old when he sold it to my son had some slight bubbling. Took it in they redid it …looks brand new, and no questions asked
I was thinking of using them just not sure which type to get yet, a bit more research to do

Sam_AusZ32

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 JDM Fairlady Z32 TT, MT, 2+2
I have my Z32 ceramic coated and tinted (20% front / 5% rear), and plan on the same for the new Z.

I hear what you're saying about difficulty when repainting, but honestly- it looks brand new after driving in rain, and blows the dust right off the bonnet on the highway.

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
No…I am getting a yellow coupe and will not be getting it coated.
We spoke to a friend that deals in repairs etc, and he stated that they can be detrimental, and a good old hand polish does just a good of a job at keeping the paint work spick and span.
He stated that if your in a small bingle, trying to repair the damage is more labour intensive and therefore more expensive as you would need to remove the ceramic coat first, and then reapply, and as it will be reapplied in one section it will never been the same as first applied in one go

Just keep it garaged when not in use, and use a good quality polish twice to three times a year
How about PPF?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
How about PPF?
Nope…ill just keep it clean and garaged when not driving.
My last car was ceramic coat, and whilst it was good, I still feel a good polish was just as good
Each to their own though, if you hate polishing and dint have the time then maybe it’s a better option. Depends on your situation

Supremekai

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Nissan Z
Nope…ill just keep it clean and garaged when not driving.
My last car was ceramic coat, and whilst it was good, I still feel a good polish was just as good
Each to their own though, if you hate polishing and dint have the time then maybe it’s a better option. Depends on your situation
Ppf would protect from minor rock chips, door bangs though. But hella expensive to cover the whole car.

Reactions: Mud

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I am planing color correction
PPF front of car bumper/bonnet/guards
then cereamic coat rest of car.

I live regional so lots of stone chips.

we got just the front bar of wifes last one and was totally worth it.
She is eyeing off ordering a WRX wagon next year so will do same as my Z.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I've always been on the fence about ceramic coating. I think it holds up better between washes, but I actually think that a good waxing routine keeps paint fresher for longer.

At very least I'll wrap bra, bonnet and maybe roof, but really want to do something with the piano black between the rear tail lights too... The z I saw in the flesh (Barton's) showed quite a lot of road grime there.

For tinting, check out Rayno S7 or S9. They all do max UV protection and loooong warranties, but the heat shielding of the Rayno films is insane.
Had two identical work cars tinted with 3m and Rayno S7, and the Rayno car was about 15 degrees cooler inside when they were both parked in full sun.
(Had windscreen done too...)

Tdog87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M140i
just booked an MT Z and it wasn't a problem.

Which dealer is this at jezzza?

I wouldn't mind test driving a manual Z to see what it is like and whether it is worthwhile me putting an order through for a coupe even though I cancelled my Proto order.

I still think I will be going for the latest Mustang GT Performance or Dark Horse over the Z but who knows I might like the Z a lot after I drive one.

Hammo25

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi A5
I sat inside the one at Osborne Park Nissan today for the first time. Interior felt more premium than I expected which is a plus. Dealer suggesting to should have mine before end of year and I was only a early June 22 order.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I sat inside the one at Osborne Park Nissan today for the first time. Interior felt more premium than I expected which is a plus. Dealer suggesting to should have mine before end of year and I was only a early June 22 order.
interesting I was a June order as well and was told 12-18 months at time....