First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
Stripped back to the bare elements today and it helps to appreciate buying an analogue sports car. No traction control, power steering, power assisted braking, in fact no doors, roof or anything apart from 3 pedals 200 Hp in a 500kg bullet.

Bit slippery this morning. Then I realised proto yellow is a brighter version on lotus yellow

6E451FF5-8D37-4C0B-98EB-9959E42CEE49.jpeg

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Speaking of dealers, those Aussies that have been on the page for quite sometime will remember the great show down of 2022 Dealer with a mark up, V Aussies who don’t get it.

Interesting enough, that dealer has just admitted he wasn’t even given a single allocation for the Proto …so much for having one of the best relationships with Nissan USA
And that the 5K mark up will apply even to the sport model of the Z (meaning more than 10% mark up in the US)

Look I don’t like to be “that girl”
But I’m glad I’m vindicated…it was clear what he was doing on the forum from the start

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
No…not yet anyway.
Nissan Aus has told dealers they have to keep them for 9 months.
So technically yes you can buy it, but you will be waiting 9 months for delivery
do we have evidence from nissan HQ on that?

or just rumours from dealers?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
do we have evidence from nissan HQ on that?

or just rumours from dealers?
I was also told they had to keep the demos for about 8 months and not allowed to sell them.
Don't know about buying and leaving as a demos at the dealer, wouldn't really want that as you won't know what condition it would end up in.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Oh I would never by a proper demo
Hell I might have driven it.

but if we are only hearing this from dealers why are we treating this any more real than the rest of their BS

Reactions: Mud

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
My mate said he saw a blue Z driving around in Hamilton, Brisbane today.

The closet dealer is at Newstead and just looked at their Facebook page and yesterday they posted to book a test drive of the Z and has a stock photo of a blue Z.

I wonder what transmission they have.
Newstead dealership were expecting their demo late October, but we're trying to borrow one from another friendly dealership (Caboolture I think).
The same way Barton's loaned theirs out to Capalaba for a couple of days.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Those Proto’s on car sales are crashing down in price, one has dropped to $101k. Must not be as much demand as everyone thought. I think they failed with the Proto, making a few cosmetic changes and not having them even having a numbered plaque or something inside to make it more appealing would’ve been nice. Thinking I’m gonna give up my auto Proto allocation and just go for the coupe.