Hands Up all the Aussies

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Maybe for $5-10k over IMO, but anything over that is just greedy / people trying their luck.

The proto isn't 'special enough' from the normal models to warrant anything more. The premium might be worth it for those wanting to get one who weren't on the waiting list.

Everybody always has a price 😂

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Chances are no one's paying 40k over retail other than a few of our American brethren.
Maybe for $5-10k over IMO, but anything over that is just greedy / people trying their luck.
The speculative play is buying for its potential value in 15 or 25 years time but thinking you can price that in now is beyond moronic.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Yeah the benefit of straight up selling the proto is waning. I don't really have a 'price' myself, but at $100k I think I'd rather just keep it and enjoy!

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
The market will decide the price and they will see eventually but my guess is at about 95k when you factor in someone will have to pay stamp duty on top of asking price, finance rate will be higher due to being second hand it’s going to cost the buyer nearly 10k over new price and may be hard to finance.

It will be really interesting to see what they will sell for. I’d say it’s reasonable to put a small margin on and sell them. It’s happening with lots of new cars.

Not saying it is good but in a free market you can make a profit on something without guilt from time to time.

I have flipped cars before but only second hand ones after a short period and a tidy up. The 1+ year wait is getting very trying. I sold my daily recently and will have to buy/rent a run around for an undefined timeframe and that is not a sensible solution economically, rationally or otherwise.

Still you don’t buy a sports car for rational reasons anyway…

Crowl27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Elantra SR
My mate said he saw a blue Z driving around in Hamilton, Brisbane today.

The closet dealer is at Newstead and just looked at their Facebook page and yesterday they posted to book a test drive of the Z and has a stock photo of a blue Z.

I wonder what transmission they have.
I did some ringing around a few weeks back. Allocations for those shopping colours (though most dealers don't have them yet)

Yellow/Black Roof Auto - Newstead
Black Manual - Mount Gravatt
Blue Auto - Moorooka
White Auto - Wynnum
White Auto - Indooroopilly
Blue Manual - Springwood
Blue - Zupps Aspley
Gun Metallic - North Lakes
Blue Manual - Hillcrest
Boulder Grey Manual - Ipswich

Apologies for lack of transmission on some! Feel free to add to the list with Gold Coast/Sunny Coast dealers :)

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
The market will decide the price and they will see eventually but my guess is at about 95k when you factor in someone will have to pay stamp duty on top of asking price, finance rate will be higher due to being second hand it’s going to cost the buyer nearly 10k over new price and may be hard to finance.

It will be really interesting to see what they will sell for. I’d say it’s reasonable to put a small margin on and sell them. It’s happening with lots of new cars.

Not saying it is good but in a free market you can make a profit on something without guilt from time to time.

I have flipped cars before but only second hand ones after a short period and a tidy up. The 1+ year wait is getting very trying. I sold my daily recently and will have to buy/rent a run around for an undefined timeframe and that is not a sensible solution economically, rationally or otherwise.

Still you don’t buy a sports car for rational reasons anyway…
So true!

$95k is probably about right given the wait.
On the flip side, I would have paid $95k if I had missed out on a proto allocation. It was pretty much the only configuration I wanted... Wouldn't have gone much higher though.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
Thinking I’m gonna give up my auto Proto allocation and just go for the coupe.
Don't do it... Ha ha.. 10K is 10K. And you may be able to do a swap with someone, rather than go to the bottom of the queue.

Agree with others comment about they should have been serialised, like the DH Mustang will be. It's a small thing and didn't even need to quote the total volume in that market.

Missed a lot of the commentary as have been offline for a week.

In the present climate dealers make very good grosses on Demo's. They receive holdbacks to keep them as a demo, then sell at RRP, due to supply shortages. It's not unheard of to make $10k on a mustang before you even offer it for sale... So they should all be allowing test drives of their demo's.

I'd suggest reporting the Dealership that is using it as a DP drive car only, if you know it's factual. They are slatted as Demo's not drive cars.

Fontana

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Don't do it... Ha ha.. 10K is 10K. And you may be able to do a swap with someone, rather than go to the bottom of the queue.

Agree with others comment about they should have been serialised, like the DH Mustang will be. It's a small thing and didn't even need to quote the total volume in that market.

Missed a lot of the commentary as have been offline for a week.

In the present climate dealers make very good grosses on Demo's. They receive holdbacks to keep them as a demo, then sell at RRP, due to supply shortages. It's not unheard of to make $10k on a mustang before you even offer it for sale... So they should all be allowing test drives of their demo's.

I'd suggest reporting the Dealership that is using it as a DP drive car only, if you know it's factual. They are slatted as Demo's not drive cars.
I dunno, I feel like it’s gonna be a hard sell to try and get 100k for an Auto, especially with this stop sale and everyone’s mixed reviews on it. I wouldn’t go to the bottom of the queue either, id keep my spot for a coupe if I decided to go for it. I’ll keep an eye on the market but I just don’t think I’ll be able to sell it that quickly or for much profit.

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
I dunno, I feel like it’s gonna be a hard sell to try and get 100k for an Auto, especially with this stop sale and everyone’s mixed reviews on it. I wouldn’t go to the bottom of the queue either, id keep my spot for a coupe if I decided to go for it. I’ll keep an eye on the market but I just don’t think I’ll be able to sell it that quickly or for much profit.
Yeah the auto problem is a real pain. You can imagine the cost of this recall if they can't engineer a fix without gearbox replacement or removal.. As Nissan owns the majority stake in Jatco, it will take a hit. Might be enough to really kill off parts of Nissan... :(

Yeah if you keep your place then that's a fair call, as I think you wanted a manual anyway from memory?

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Anyone have an update on our Coupe allocations? Are we likely to hear anything this year?

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
There talk on another thread that there is now a fix for the auto, and I have seen others on Facebook pages report the same. Apparently it’s a simple software issue, quick to fix and nothing wrong with the mechanics.

I stress…this is what I’ve heard, and not what I know

morgand

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NISMO Z
There talk on another thread that there is now a fix for the auto, and I have seen others on Facebook pages report the same. Apparently it’s a simple software issue, quick to fix and nothing wrong with the mechanics.

I stress…this is what I’ve heard, and not what I know
Hope you're right, there are a lot (relatively speaking) of RHD auto's parked up that I was expecting to see soonish. :) I'll keep an eye on the service advisories. :)

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Wanted to revisit this.

“ Setting sail to Australia. The first customer shipment of Nissan’s flagship officially set sail from Japan and our team were on hand to capture the action.

Proto Model shown. Sold out in Australia

https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/coming-soon/Z.html”

This is now bordering on flat out dishonesty . This quote and photo (among others) was posted on the 5th of September ….three weeks ago. Not only has no one in Australia received a coupe, they have not even been informed on when they might see one.
It is clear these cars were NOT for customers (baring a handful of Protos…but no coupes), and were really dealer demos.

It’s bad enough that after waiting a year and a half that we have had nothing to say when or even IF we are getting a car, but to then start being dishonest and treating your clients as stupid is beyond the pale ….Im very disappointed. I don’t expect too much, but I do expect some honesty
It’s time we knew when we are getting out cars …in fact it’s long overdue.
You can use covid and the semi conductor problem as much as they like, but since then we have seen the 86, the BRZ, among others starting delivery, and the Supras will not be far behind
Enough is enough

62F86E84-D5C8-43B1-9A3B-6FB2C9BD82FD.jpeg

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Well if any of the cars on that boat made it to customers.then it is accurate.

They didn’t say all these cars are going to customers and there are no demos or media cars happening.

all they said was first cars to customers were in that shipment.
And we knew they were always going to be protos so no they were accurate.

I do note they updated the site from the old one with beta in subject to live one this week and remove the arriving in date

probably as customer delivery’s have started (no matter how slow) so now they are live.