jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
A year and a half. Early April 2021
These's more radio silence now than ever before! No more "expect an allocation call very soon" or "your car should be here next month". I reckon dealers have given up on stringing us along.

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
My proto came off the boat in the Nissan AU post (Prestige Ace) and I still don't have a delivery date from PrixCar to the dealer. Brisbane was the first arrival for the vessel (17th), so it stands to reason that if we don't have these cars yet, then the rest of the country doesn't.

*shrug*

Unofficially, my dealer told me that if it hasn't been booked by now, it probably won't be until Tuesday next week at earliest - so again, earliest I may see it in person is like end of next week.

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
My proto came off the boat in the Nissan AU post (Prestige Ace) and I still don't have a delivery date from PrixCar to the dealer. Brisbane was the first arrival for the vessel (17th), so it stands to reason that if we don't have these cars yet, then the rest of the country doesn't.

*shrug*

Unofficially, my dealer told me that if it hasn't been booked by now, it probably won't be until Tuesday next week at earliest - so again, earliest I may see it in person is like end of next week.
I am in the same boat, I was told my proto was on the water 2 weeks ago, I can only assume it was on the prestige ace. I don't have anything from my dealer and I don't think they even have a VIN. I am based in Tassie so are probably a good 3 weeks behind you in the queue.

I have made the decision today that if I don't have a concrete delivery date by COB Friday, I am going to pull the order. My dealer has been fantastic and kept me updated even when there was no update, they have bent over backwards to help, but I have sold my daily driver based on a promise Nissan Australia have not delivered and as much as I love the Z, I have pretty much given up on taking delivery.

I am now in a position to either rent a car for an undefined period, buy a runabout for 10k or replace the Z with something I can have delivered now or a second hand car. This is not Nissan's, my dealers or any one else's fault but mine, its just bad timing.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
I am in the same boat, I was told my proto was on the water 2 weeks ago, I can only assume it was on the prestige ace. I don't have anything from my dealer and I don't think they even have a VIN. I am based in Tassie so are probably a good 3 weeks behind you in the queue.

I have made the decision today that if I don't have a concrete delivery date by COB Friday, I am going to pull the order. My dealer has been fantastic and kept me updated even when there was no update, they have bent over backwards to help, but I have sold my daily driver based on a promise Nissan Australia have not delivered and as much as I love the Z, I have pretty much given up on taking delivery.

I am now in a position to either rent a car for an undefined period, buy a runabout for 10k or replace the Z with something I can have delivered now or a second hand car. This is not Nissan's, my dealers or any one else's fault but mine, its just bad timing.
this is where I was at so bought the GS300 for a 12 monthly driver.
Figured for 7k I cannot loose much.

but increasingly liking it and it's eligbile for club rego next year so will cost next to nothing to own as a spare car.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Holy shits whole protos for sale is insane.

that one 125-117-107 and now back to 120

dangero

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
C63 AMG, Lotus 7
Occupation
CIO
the other one sold for less than $101 I am guessing. it was listed at $101. I think now that it is gone the other seller is trying to capatilise on the fact that he now has the only one for sale in the country.

I think you would be fairly stupid to pay $120 for a car that sold for $101 the week before :)

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7

Hey mate, I'm not 100% sure, but I *think* that all Nissan dealers have access to the same database for allocations. When I got told of mine, my dealer actually sent me a screenshot of it. It had the VIN, Vessel, ETA (of the vessel) etc.
Suggest that if the dealer has had confirmation that yours was on a boat, that they *should* have access to the full info. Might be a different story for coupes (as I don't know where the allocating stands) but all proto VINS should be assigned now.

Crowl27

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Elantra SR
Boulder Grey supposedly arriving at Ipswich later this week with demo drives starting next week. Dealers should know where your cars are if they can see their own demos...

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
These's more radio silence now than ever before! No more "expect an allocation call very soon" or "your car should be here next month". I reckon dealers have given up on stringing us along.
I agree, and this is what is most disappointing ….like I said, at the very least an email outlining time lines or apologising for delays should be sent.
Said it before…I feel sorry for the dealers because they are the ones dealing with all the fallout, and getting no commission for their trouble