Hands Up all the Aussies

khoi242

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F Type
Yeh. Technically it's right.:confused:

I called my dealer last week and he thought he had a demo coming Mid September. Now they have no information whatsoever.

Crazy that we had heaps of info at one point and now it's literally radio silence 😑

Could be 2024 for all we know now.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Well if any of the cars on that boat made it to customers.then it is accurate.

They didn’t say all these cars are going to customers and there are no demos or media cars happening.

all they said was first cars to customers were in that shipment.
And we knew they were always going to be protos so no they were accurate.

I do note they updated the site from the old one with beta in subject to live one this week and remove the arriving in date

probably as customer delivery’s have started (no matter how slow) so now they are live.
Yes and no…it implies…all those cars are for customers, not dealers
It may not be lying but it’s not up front either

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini

cough....for some of us.

but reality from the racq article 2 weeks ago

" At the time of the launch Nissan claimed to have had 2700 customers come through its ‘reserve your car’ process and to have taken 1200 deposits, with the company’s MD Adam Paterson saying he hoped to have the firm orders delivered by end of March."

I doubt you will be waiting that long.

however to play devils advocate (which I love doing) 370Z sales in AU maxed out at just under 600 units on their best ever year, so they are aiming for double that in 6 months with this car could be hard.

that also said to play devils advocate advocate (are we confused yet) the fact they are making them for so many less markets now with UK/EU and a bunch others out of the mix maybe we are getting their supplies.

https://www.racq.com.au/articles/car-reviews-and-advisory/2022/9/nissan-z-coupe-review

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The issue is, there have been articles, and dealers and Nissan Aus directly telling us out cars would be here for months.
I started out being told I would have a car, Dec last year or Jan.
Then it turned to Feb March, then July, then August with Nissan corporate telling me the car was due in then (they knew I did not order proto) now we are the end of September and no closer to knowing when it will arrive.

So ….any article that prints a delivery to,e line is to be taken with a grain of salt, because up until now they have all been wrong

Nissan Aus only just told people that they could not supply cars for new orders until next year. We all know there is close to no chance in hell that they can deliver the 2000 plus orders they had before informing new orders this

This is my issue ….I don’t think it’s too much to ask to have ETA . And I especially want to be told if my order can not be filled until next year. It’s not fair to take peoples money with no light at the end of the tunnel…or a light that keeps being pushed back further away every month

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Aus only just told people that they could not supply cars for new orders until next year. We all know there is close to no chance in hell that they can deliver the 2000 plus orders they had before informing new orders this

so I cannot quote for the rest, but the above statement is not true.

When I ordering in early June the web site already said 2022 allocation was 100% sold out and that you are putting your name down for future allocation.

so that's been there for well over 6 months,

infact that statement is still there

1664265874323.png

now if some dealers are saying otherwise I'm not surpised as I don't like dealers. But nissan has been clear on this for a very long time.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Yes that statement is there, it’s only been there for a couple of months. The June notification was for the Proto…and no Nissan has not been direct. As I said, I was literally in the dealership when Nissan Corporate was in.
I’m not gonna argue with you.
All I will say is you’ve had an order in since June..get back to me when you’ve had it in for over a year like many of us here

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Start a class action.
Ill join
I’m frustrated, but not that frustrated. All I’m asking for is to be updated ….Nissan Aus ( not just my dealer) took my deposit a year and a half ago, as they did for many others….so they are very aware of what’s going on.
I actually feel sorry for the dealers

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That statement was the site in first week of June. I have no idea how much earlier it was there.

it’s 100% the reason I walked in and dropped a deposit.

else I was holding out for a test drive.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
That statement was the site in first week of June. I have no idea how much earlier it was there.

it’s 100% the reason I walked in and dropped a deposit.

else I was holding out for a test drive.
Would you agree that the middle of the year is June…therefore mid year is May, June, July and August
So where are the deliveries?
If you really think delivering half a dozen Protos across Australia is arriving mid year, and is not telling the whole story …I don’t know what to tell you. Sure it’s technically right…but morally????.
I know as a coupe order along with many others, we were not told that coupes would arrive after Protos. In fact no one was told that officially in Australia. Even the media outlets reported a “mix” would arrive. It was only reported in the US and not that long ago. We were however told officially that orders would start arriving mid year, and that they would be delivered in order on a first come first served basis.
Do you not think that the least a manufacturer could do would be to keep their buyers informed? Do you not honestly see why people are getting frustrated?

If that message was up in June, then the only reason I dispute it is because we have all been waiting so long that the timeline has become foggy.

As I said, other manufacturers that did not take deposits until well after Nissan have their cars arriving and we still have no idea if they will even be here this year …in fact it seems more and more likely that they won’t be

A little transparency would not go astray

StrikeS30

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
78 280Z, 76 280Z, 88 300zx

This would drive me mad.. arrived in stock!! Come check it out. ... 690 words later, this one is not for sale, just a demo, but come in and see how to preorder your very own. Like f off lol

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
This is what I’m saying….how anyone can defend Nissan when this Tom foolery is going on is beyond me

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
Yeh. Technically it's right.:confused:

I called my dealer last week and he thought he had a demo coming Mid September. Now they have no information whatsoever.

Crazy that we had heaps of info at one point and now it's literally radio silence 😑

Strange how dealers that are still waiting for their demos can give some sort of estimate as to where the cars are or when they are getting them but ask them about a customer pre order placed with them and you get no info