Hands Up all the Aussies

cainen

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FiestaST, TX3 Turbo, Tiguan R-Line, Proto Z
You my have missed my previous post, they did get a Blue auto but the dealer principal is using it as his personal drive car and no one else is allowed to drive it. They are waiting for another demo
Yep I saw that. Pretty scummy IMO. I drive past the dealership twice a day going to/from work. I've yet to see the Z there. He probably hides it around the back.

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
So his sales strategy is to sell cars before allowing customers to test drive them?
I wish him a prosperous career.
well. They did have 1200 deposits without a test drive.

so yeah seems to be working.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
You my have missed my previous post, they did get a Blue auto but the dealer principal is using it as his personal drive car and no one else is allowed to drive it. They are waiting for another demo
So really, the demo is his…and they are waiting to get a second one to actually use as a demo, even though they already have one and he has a huge amount of orders that have not been filled.
I would hope Nissan Aus cracks down on this

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
well. They did have 1200 deposits without a test drive.

so yeah seems to be working.
Agree but at the time the 1200 orders were taken there were no cars to look at or drive, now that Nissan has decided to supply demos over orders they should make every effort for these to be available to existing order holders and new buyers

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Demos are there to sell cars.
If you want to drive a demo, and have no intention of buying that car at that dealer then I don't think the dealers are in the wrong to refuse...

It costs them stacks to get those cars and maintain them. Not to mention the salespersons time.

They are probably just as frustrated with Nissan Australia, if not more so.

Dealer keeping a demo for personal use is different... But their prerogative.

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
Demos are there to sell cars.
If you want to drive a demo, and have no intention of buying that car at that dealer then I don't think the dealers are in the wrong to refuse...

It costs them stacks to get those cars and maintain them. Not to mention the salespersons time.

They are probably just as frustrated with Nissan Australia, if not more so.

Dealer keeping a demo for personal use is different... But their prerogative.
Nah,,,sorry, don’t need demos when you have over 1000 contracts signed
And a demo is meant for driving if you do have one, not for the guy who owns the dealership, it’s not personally his until he buys it personally. And Nissan was very clear, no sale of demos for 9 months

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Nah,,,sorry, don’t need demos when you have over 1000 contracts signed
And a demo is meant for driving if you do have one, not for the guy who owns the dealership, it’s not personally his until he buys it personally. And Nissan was very clear, no sale of demos for 9 months
If course they do lol.
1000 cars is a drop in the ocean of what they want to sell.

Also a handful of demos in dealers hands is a drop in the ocean compared to pre-order fulfillment.

Asking to try something, wasting a dealers time and money if you have zero intention of buying from them is very poor form.

Reactions: Mud
OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
If course they do lol.

Also a handful of demos in dealers hands is a drop in the ocean compared to pre-order fulfillment.

Asking to try something, wasting a dealers time and money if you have zero intention of buying from them is very poor form.
But isn’t that the whole point of demos…for people who are not sure if they are interested or even if they are interested at all, to test drive a car and make them fall in love with it.l.there by convincing them to change their mind and buy it?
Just because you don’t have a pre order in dosent mean you are a tire kicker either…that’s called judgment.

And yes whilst they technically may own it, no they do not “personally” own it under Nissans strickt instructions, no demos were to be sold personally
So it’s either a demo, or it should be sold to someone in line

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
But isn’t that the whole point of demos…for people who are not sure if they are interested or even if they are interested at all, to test drive a car and make them fall in love with it.l.there by convincing them to change their mind and buy it?
Just because you don’t have a pre order in dosent mean you are a tire kicker either…that’s called judgment.

And yes whilst they technically may own it, no they do not “personally” own it under Nissans strickt instructions, no demos were to be sold personally
So it’s either a demo, or it should be sold to someone in line
Don't know what you're on about mate, I'm referring to people who have orders/deposits in with other dealers, then call up different dealers to ask for a test drive.

You don't think that is poor form?

peter

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z, Qashqai
Occupation
Metallurgist
If course they do lol.

I have bought many new cars in the past 40 years and yes I have driven and gotten prices from dealers that I knew I wouldn't buy from only because they had what I wanted in stock for a test drive.
Don't know what you're on about mate, I'm referring to people who have orders/deposits in with other dealers, then call up different dealers to ask for a test drive.

It's the situation we have been place in due to the way orders were taken and placed at specific dealers.
If someone in a rural area placed an order there's no way a small rural dealer would get a demo, so yes they should go and get a test drive were they can find one

OP
OP

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20

Nope not at all…and I’m a woman (not a mate)
Why shouldn’t people test cars ..that’s what they are for.
Especially when very few have demos at the moment
You think it’s fair that if someone puts an order in but their dealership was not given a demo that they shouldn’t be able to test drive it elsewhere.
It’s still a Nissan after all…and even if it wasnt the point is to attract new business
Not all dealers were given demos…and rightly so, because orders should be filled first.
So the few that were should be available to anyone who wants to test drive it.
That is literally what a demo is for

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
I have bought many new cars in the past 40 years and yes I have driven and gotten prices from dealers that I knew I wouldn't buy from only because they had what I wanted in stock for a test drive.

It's the situation we have been place in due to the way orders were taken and placed at specific dealers.
If someone in a rural area placed an order there's no way a small rural dealer would get a demo, so yes they should go and get a test drive were they can find one
Are you in a rural area?
The situation you describe above is very different from what you implied in your comment earlier.
You made it sound like you had an order on a Z at another dealership, not that you are just shopping around?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Not in the slightest. I've test driven dozens of cars over the years and just booked an MT Z and it wasn't a problem. Successful dealerships want to attract customers not split their face.
How do you attract customers who already have orders with other dealerships? I don't think anyone is going to cancel an order with a dealership to sign with another... Wouldn't they lose their place?

Proto Z

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi SQ7
Nope not at all…and I’m a woman (not a mate)
Why shouldn’t people test cars ..that’s what they are for.
Especially when very few have demos at the moment
You think it’s fair that if someone puts an order in but their dealership was not given a demo that they shouldn’t be able to test drive it elsewhere.
It’s still a Nissan after all…and even if it wasnt the point is to attract new business
Not all dealers were given demos…and rightly so, because orders should be filled first.
So the few that were should be available to anyone who wants to test drive it.
That is literally what a demo is for
Still don't get ya sorry... What does your gender have to do with anything?

I could be wrong here, but dealers aren't 'given' anything... They have to buy them, albeit at reduced costs.
They aren't Nissan Australia. They have to pay all the costs associated with people driving their demo cars, registration, fuel, insurance, cleaning, maintenance and labour costs.

Imagine going to any other profession and asking for their service for free, because you currently use one of their competitors...

Personally, if I found out that someone wasted ~2 hours of my time as a salesperson with absolutely no intention of buying anything from me, I'd be pissed.