First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 370Z
Occupation
Wealth Management
But see we think your missing the point. It’s more enjoyable to drive than the Supra…a number of reviews have now said so.

we said it all along…there will be 10% of people who want to track it…and for those people sure it might not be the right choice, but for the 90% who want it for enjoyment it is
With the caveat that they are shopping in the over-$50k price range, of course 😉

Denton

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra
But see we think your missing the point. It’s more enjoyable to drive than the Supra…a number of reviews have now said so.

we said it all along…there will be 10% of people who want to track it…and for those people sure it might not be the right choice, but for the 90% who want it for enjoyment it is
The only reviewer who can tell me how enjoyable the car is/will be is me.

West Aussie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai I20
The reviews pretty much confirm everything I've always thought about the car. If the 370 was 350 perfected, The Z is the 370 perfected..... That's all I've ever wanted out of a Z

I'm just pissed at the price.
I’ve said it before I’ll say it again…would we like it to be cheaper …sure.
But is the car beautiful, is it fun to drive, will it give you enjoyment and put a smile on your face ..sure that’s worth 5k over what you were expecting
There’s nothing else out there for this price …in Australia not even close.
I get that in the US you have a few more options…but they are still more expensive (apart from the 86…which isn’t even close to a Z)

Ask yourself what you really love the look of and the experience of…your gonna have it for a long time, and it will probably be the last Z ever

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
The only reviewer who can tell me how enjoyable the car is/will be is me.
\
I gotta agree with this. I wont be putting down money until i drive it. Take all reviews with a grain of salt, cars are a very individual thing.

I have bought cars before which out driving them and regretted it nearly every time. I will decide if its a great car for me after driving it.

The price isnt the greatest but at least Nissan pushed ahead with an ICE/MANUAL, when alot of car companies dont bother catering to enthusiasts anymore. Enjoy cars like this while it lasts before we are all driving soulless boring iphones on wheels

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
... at least Nissan pushed ahead with an ICE/MANUAL, when alot of car companies dont bother catering to enthusiasts anymore. Enjoy cars like this while it lasts before we are all driving soulless boring iphones on wheels
One potential problem with buying an ICE car now is that the government might suddenly decide to relatively quickly ban or heavily tax them within a few years, so either you won't be able to drive it (or at least not cheaply) and have difficulty selling it. :(

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
What do you think a quaife or similar LSD would cost ballpark, for purchase and install? I thought I read somewhere, the new Z LSD is of the clutch pack variety. So maybe a case could be made for a Sport with better performing aftermarket LSD.
Z1 Motorsports will do a Quaife HLSD installed for around $2500 last I checked. That's all in with $1590 or so in parts including stub axle flanges and new side bearings and seals.

I started digging into that math tonight on a base Z with the bits I wanted. It would cost me $10k to get there, but I'd have 6 pot Brembo calipers up front, a Quaife diff, and upgraded wheels and tires taking me to arguably a better spot than the Performance trim. Just not as cushy. There are going to be far more options than just this out there, and if I could squeeze in a Recaro set upgrade in there, that'd seal the deal, but I doubt I would be able to stretch $10k that far.

I can't yet decide if I'd rather do that or enjoy a new car warranty and leather seats.

One potential problem with buying an ICE car now is that the government might suddenly decide to relatively quickly ban or heavily tax them within a few years, so either you won't be able to drive it (or at least not cheaply) and have difficulty selling it. :(
They won't do it anytime soon. They want to. It's just not feasible or realistic. We're a decade at the earliest from penalizing the existence of ICE cars in the United States.

1) We haven't hit the EV supply chain crunch yet like we have in ICE cars. Once that hits (soon), any increased rate of adoption in EVs will tank.
2) Our power grid and infrastructure is a decade away from being able to facilitate MASS adoption of EVs (at the EARLIEST).
3) Our dependence on petroleum doesn't go away with mass adoption of EVs. We'll see incentives for getting into EVs (tax credits, etc, similar to what is in place now), but you're a long way away from punishing people for sticking with their ICE cars. Keep in mind the views of the people posting on this forum about buying a $40k sports car are far removed from the chunk of Americans choosing between making their car payment or driving to work this week with the prices of gas and food. The cheapest EV out there is still $32k. That's not attainable for a LOT of people.

Last edited:

RicerX

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Titan Pro4X
Don't worry, there's plenty of salt to go around 😂

Screenshot_20220516-230453_Chrome.jpg
How many of those guys over there cried into their soy lattes when they found out that the 2JZ wasn't coming back and their new Supra was coming from an entirely different continent than they expected?

The Supra and the Z have always been bouncing around against each other... been that way since the 70s. I don't know why that's difficult to comprehend.

ZZ2022

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 R35 GTR
How many of those guys over there cried into their soy lattes when they found out that the 2JZ wasn't coming back and their new Supra was coming from an entirely different continent than they expected?
Yep can guarantee that not one single one of them where happy when they announced the supra was no longer a Toyota

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dont ask
Occupation
Thread derailer
Yep can guarantee that not one single one of them where happy when they announced the supra was no longer a Toyota
Those "supra guys" are the early model guys. Don't worry, they hate the "new supra" too. So much hate for a car that is actually really good. Who cares who actually manufactured it. I'm just happy there is another car to finally try to compare with the supra. It has failed so far but I'm happy for it to exist.